Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 02:25 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,088,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
So what if it's easy for me to get dates? A date isn't a relationship. One date doesn't mean anything. What is the difference between your scenarios - a) meeting lots of people but not finding a relationship b) not meeting anyone at all - In both of those scenarios neither of us is finding a relationship partner. I feel like there are a lot of guys here who think a woman should just go for it no matter what if a guy approaches her. Then I get accused of being too picky or demanding or having unrealistic standards. I don't expect perfection but I expect someone fun to be around with similar life goals and someone I find attractive. That isn't to say he has to be 6'5 tall dark and handsome okay? But it means the thought of kissing him shouldn't repulse me.

OP, would you settle for anyone just to have someone? Say a woman does approach you but you're not attracted to her so you pass. Then I accuse you of being too picky and say it's your own fault for being single. How does that sound?
You're increasing your odds though, as opposed to the guys (or gals for that matter) who can't get any dates. Men are calling you cute, pretty, and beautiful. That is feeding your self confidence. Don't take that for granted.

I will say you sound pretty down to Earth and that you would give a decent guy a chance, unlike so many who ruthlessly use men to feed their egos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 02:28 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,180,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
You're increasing your odds though, as opposed to the guys (or gals for that matter) who can't get any dates. Men are calling you cute, pretty, and beautiful. That is feeding your self confidence. Don't take that for granted.

I will say you sound pretty down to Earth and that you would give a decent guy a chance, unlike so many who ruthlessly use men to feed their egos.
Have you seen her profile pic? I'd agree with all of those things

Old 11-30-2012, 02:28 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Why are you assuming guys tell women they're pretty or cute on a first date, or a second one? Another male fantasy, like the one about women being surrounded by prospects all the time.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:30 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,816,879 times
People are afraid of not being alone. Being alone takes no effort. Having someone in your life takes effort...sometimes it is much easier just to sit alone in bed eating cold pizza and farting rather than being presentable.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:33 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,991,973 times
Too much damn whining.

people have tried helping the OP on countless threads. He chooses not to because of some other reason. People should learn to ignore people who do nothing but mope about a situation they refuse to try to impove themselves at. Myself included sometimes.

Too many threads whining. It's the Holiday season CD, a buncha woe is me and women are the problem threads.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:55 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,088,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Have you seen her profile pic? I'd agree with all of those things
No offense to Kiki, but I really can't tell anything from that pic beyond the fact that she is white, not obese, probably not ugly (in the consensus societal sense, not by my standards) and may be photo-bombed by an elk at any time.

Guys are quick to compliment, which is a good thing I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why are you assuming guys tell women they're pretty or cute on a first date, or a second one? Another male fantasy, like the one about women being surrounded by prospects all the time.
I've seen a lot of it. Guys throw around beautiful all the time.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:56 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,086 times
Just because a woman has "many options" doesn't mean they are good options. Getting 500 messages on a dating site makes it more difficult to find the good guys in there, especially if so many of the guys put little thought in the messages. When I did online dating, I was fine with one or two messages a week. I would have probably deleted my profile instead of sifting through 500 messages.

Old 11-30-2012, 03:09 PM

445 posts, read 864,574 times
[quote=brahmabull117;27153596]well, maybe you have a 1 in 10 chance of succeeding but I hate rejection so I'm not going to to ask a girl out unless she's clearly very interested[/QUOTE]
What is she supposed to do? Hold up a sign with your name on it like she's your transportation at the airport?
If you want a date ask a girl out.

Old 11-30-2012, 03:11 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,119,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Too much damn whining.

people have tried helping the OP on countless threads. He chooses not to because of some other reason. People should learn to ignore people who do nothing but mope about a situation they refuse to try to impove themselves at. Myself included sometimes.

Too many threads whining. It's the Holiday season CD, a buncha woe is me and women are the problem threads.
Perhaps if people would stop posting on those threads they would just fall into obscurity, but fat chance of that happening.

Old 11-30-2012, 03:18 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
If you really wanted to be helpful, rather than condescending and accusing the OP of being a whiner, you would have specified what some of the right places are.
HEY!
BEEN THERE! DONE THAT! For at least 4 of the OP's threads in the past. That's only the ones I can remember, I'm sure there have been more. The OP has proven, thread after thread, that he's not willing to do anything to improve his prospects. He has singlemindedly chosen to be in the predicament he's in, and to stay there. So the gloves are off, it's time for tough love, now. We're not playing this game with the OP any longer. He needs to take responsibility for his own problem.

And btw, if you'd read the article that was linked, you'd know that the right places are listed and discussed over the 4 pages of the article. Like I said: required reading for whiners. If you haven't read the article and you're still complaining that you don't know how/where to meet women, you're by definition: a w h i n e r. We have SPOON-FED solutions to you people, and you're still wallowing around in your own self-pity. That is the definition of a whiner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships