Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 11:31 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,184,953 times

Advertisements

Yes I do and I plenty have reason to do so.

But I'm sure most guys can help it or realize they have no other choice and divert from that mindset.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:32 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,683,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Ha ha....their sex drive "decreases"? And, what age is that? Guess what? It does not "decrease"! Not the guys I have dated!
That's good to know.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:38 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,221,090 times
No, men can't help being attracted to physical beauty.

But they also can't help being attracted to inner beauty.

Without the second, the first is just a roll in the hay.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:03 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,693,451 times
Good looks are very important to women, too. How many women would ever be interested in a short, fat, bald man?

Old 12-02-2012, 12:06 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,581,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Smart men realize that if they're always ending up with shallow women, they need to start making different choices. They start looking for personality more than looks. Men have married women who they weren't interested in for their looks at first, but found the kind of personality they'd been searching for. Their whole perspective changed, and the attraction grew.

But...those are smart guys, not C-D guys...
So those "smart guys" get to have their cake and eat it too? Sounds like a good plan.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:38 AM

348 posts, read 550,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
I have a feeling a lot of will men read the second sentence of the title of this post and say, "no, we can't." The argument goes that you cannot control you feel attracted to, that being drawn to beauty is just a basic biological response. Besides, why bother trying to have a relationship with someone you're not attracted to?

I agree, up to a point. I agree we really have no control over who we find beautiful. And I agree, attraction to beauty probably has a strong biological component. But that is not really the question I am asking.

My question is whether we sometimes give too much weight to beauty relative to other factors. Many men will quickly reject a smart, warm, charming, witty, supportive, compassionate women just because she isn't beautiful. However, I am amazed at how many men will put up with a dumb, cold, crass, vapid, selfish, cruel woman just because she is beautiful.

Being drawn to beauty may be biological. But placing beauty above all other values in choosing a partner seems more a learned behavior. And maybe, a behavior we should try to unlearn.

What do think?
I think that sure, we can't help who we are attracted to, but I do think it's good to keep an open mind, that if one doesn't find instant overwhelming physical attraction to a woman, then one shouldn't just toss them aside as potential dating material.

One of my first girlfriends was a girl I met and thought "she's cute" and nothing more. We were friends for a while, and one night we ended up hooking up, and it turned into a long-term relationship. In other instances, I've met women who I thought "wow, very hot", and then found no chemistry.

Look, I'm not saying give every girl a chance, rather that again, one should just keep a somewhat open mind, not be too judgmental, and see what happens.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:25 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,210,018 times
Men like to be physically attracted to the women they date and approach.... So what?

Only is this an "issue" on CD

And no, I've never seen a man find a woman ugly, then later fall in love with a personality

Old 12-02-2012, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The men who complain that women can get sex anytime (not true, btw) are comparing themselves to women. They think that's all there is to it, just have sex, and you'll be satisfied. Wham, bam, it's over. But that's only satisfying for guys. That does nothing for many women. Sex isn't that simple. Some women may be able to get sex anytime, but that doesn't mean it's at all satisfying. "Women have it so easy", is the gist of what they're saying. No, women don't have it easy. Women have to be very selective about who they have sex with if they want a satisfying experience AND in order to avoid rape.
You're kindoff arguing different things.No one said sex is awesome every time for a woman, people are saying they can get it any time. Which I don't know how you can argue against. Men are the easiest creatures on this planet

Last edited by BradPiff; 12-02-2012 at 05:43 AM..

Old 12-02-2012, 05:50 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,641,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
You're kindoff arguing different things.No one said sex is awesome every time for a woman, people are saying they can get it any time. Which I don't know how you can argue against. Men are the easiest creatures on this planet
How is it 'kindoff' arguing different things to arguing against the 'women can get sex anytime' notion being this awesome advantage it seems most guys think it is?

In your opinion guys are the easiest creatures on this planet. In my opinion if guys were the easiest creatures on the planet then they wouldn't rank gals like meat, there would be no to little critical male eye regarding gal's youth and beauty says otherwise, most dating/sex/relationship advice for guys by guys wouldn't be 'how to get a hot young gal', and 30s+ guys would be seeking gals their own age rather than solely/mainly gals 10 years younger than them.

Old 12-02-2012, 06:06 AM

There's a difference between saying

"Women get orgasms every time from sex"

And saying

"Women can have sex anytime they want".

There's 2 different issues. No one on the "women can have sex at anytime" side has never even argued the first position(at least to my knowledge).

Men aren't easy for relationships, but for casual sex you bet. Guys will have sex with literally any girl it's unbelievable. Of are you gonna argue that men are more selective on who they sleep with then women Lol?

But this is going way off topic to another issue from another thread, its the last Ill say on the matter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships