Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 04:33 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,053,193 times

Advertisements

Not damaged, but she will have a hard time finding a man to date in her age range. She'd probably have to bump it up to 30s, and even then, a lot of guys don't want to deal with kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 04:49 PM

50,351 posts, read 63,928,555 times
IF I were a male in my early 20's I would avoid a woman with children, because I would prefer to make my own. If I'm in my 30's or 40's, then it would be different.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:02 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,224,900 times
Some men don't wanna deal with the burden and the complications of dating a woman with children, it's that simple. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the woman. She could be a wonderful person, but the kids add a responsibility that some men are not looking for especially if the relationship get's serious.
No, women with kids are not damaged goods, perhaps their dating pool may be smaller.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:13 PM

52,221 posts, read 52,642,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
Can I just add one more thing to this ridiculous question? If there are kids involved and you know that you do not want to get serious with the Mom, save them some time and respect by not even getting involved? Kids tend to attach themselves to whoever Mom brings in the house. Hopefully she won't bring guys around anyhow unless she thinks it could be a serious connection.
This is what is important....

Old 12-12-2012, 05:32 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,480,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

Good Gwad!
I had two kids in my early 20's. I Became a single mom when my dh died. Believe it or not, it was very common to be married and have kids in your early 20's. I know these days people are marrying and having families later but that does not mean there is anything wrong with having a family in your 20's.
I don't think the OP was referring to women who married young and lost their husbands too soon. Believe it or not, the post was not directed you personally.

But I would add that men--single men--who have multiple children while that young would also send up some red flags for women. Such men might also have irresponsible attitudes about safe sex. A woman might rightly wonder if such a man was paying child support, or whether he simply regarded his children as chaff from his sexual conquests.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:24 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,937,236 times
Yea pretty much. Only desperate guys would want to put gas in a car someone already totaled

Old 12-12-2012, 08:31 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,224,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Yea pretty much. Only desperate guys would want to put gas in a car someone already totaled
I think many guys would disagree on that simple analogy.. There are many great single moms out there, and your reference about someone already totaled is disgraceful..
Gas in a car, i guess that's how much one might spend on a date.. lame

Old 12-12-2012, 08:37 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,908,800 times
Damaged. . .

If women like that were vehicles, the insurance company would consider them 'totalled'.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:44 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,413,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
Is it true that a woman in her early 20's with a couple of kids already is usually considered to be damaged goods by most men?
What is damaged goods?

By most men, women, whatever, does everyone have to jump the bandwagon?

I'm sure there are still open minded folks out there.

What if a woman in her early 20s with a couple of kids has survived her hardships, and remains a hardworking and humble individual? Does that make them damaged goods? I'd say less likely so compared to a childless individual who's busy riding every person in town.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:49 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,908,800 times
They need to wait to start dating again, until they raise the human beings that resulted from the last experience(s) they had dating and/or being married.

The children deserve that.

I'm going to start a new non-profit organization.

Institute Against Single Mommies Going Out And Dating Again After Having Kids That They Should Be Focused on Raising of America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships