Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 10:06 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,998,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
Some of you have read my opinion of online dating before, but wife #3, my present wife, and I met through online dating. Took her almost 6 months to get up the nerve to meet me. But my first date I met online said I disappointed her. We went to one of her friend's house to play cards with some from her work. Didn't mind it and had fun. About a mile down the road towards her house she snuggled up and put my hand in her blouse. Then she told me she was disappointed I didn't take her to her friend's bedroom before we left, cause she was horny! Hey, she was my first date after a 20 year marriage! I was out of practice! lol I dated 2 others between her and meeting my wife and stayed friends with both of them for several years after #3 and I got married.
Well I glad you had success eventually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 12:20 AM

16,391 posts, read 31,008,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepchic View Post
I met up with a guy from an online site who was the most awkward person ever. His pictures were 20 years younger than him and of course they were modeling pictures. We met up and he sat there, wouldn't talk, then when I asked him a couple of questions he said he didn't like to talk to people he just met. I asked him if I should have brought my laptop so I could talk to him. Then he started spitting out random words like flip flop (because he was amazed at everyone wearing flip flops out...it was the first warm day, why wouldn't they be).

I stayed because I'm not rude but at one point I did go into the starbucks restroom and tweeted that I had to leave that date, and too bad there wasn't a window in the restroom or I would have crawled out. He finally started talking but the conversation wasn't much better. Finally I did the fake, "oh look something just came up" and he tried to make another date.

The rest of my dates from online sites, even if they didn't amount to anything other than that date, have been fine.
hahahaha this post just made my week

Old 12-14-2012, 08:12 AM

414 posts, read 1,022,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
From a chat on OLD:
Him: Hi, how are you
Me: Good, you?
Him: I love black women.
Him: Do you like Italians? Passionate ones?
Him: Italians with big ****
Me: (trying not to laugh hysterically)
Him: I am really passionate. My last gf couldn't handle it.
Him: Do you want to come over, I have Italian wine and cheese. I can make you pasta.
"I put on my robe and wizard hat."

Old 12-14-2012, 08:33 AM

884 posts, read 1,408,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I don't think it's bad to mention marriage plans because I'd rather he be honest upfront that he is looking for marriage. Last year I met a guy online who told me he was dating so he could hopefully get married eventually. He didn't have specific plans though.

Anyway one of the weirdest was a guy who kept complaining about everyone he met online then he started on me. When he started insulting me I left and oddly he emailed me for a second date! I refused.
Yes but do the math. He wants kids by October 2013. That is about 10 months from now, so pretty much she's got to get pregnant in January at the latest.

He's either yanking her chain, is serious and has no clue, or just says the first thing that comes to his mind without thinking about it.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:44 AM

6,526 posts, read 6,730,027 times
I'll start by saying that I am now very happily married to someone I met online. So my story does have a happy ending!

But I have so many kooky stories from online dating that I could write a book!

Here's one: I showed a photo of my upcoming date to my best friend, and she laughed and said that she had gone out with him a few years previously. She told me that is very wealthy, but a total cheapskate. On her date with him, he told her not to order cheese for her burger because that would be 50 cents more! (we have jokingly called him Mr Cheeseless ever since).

I should have cancelled the date at that point, but I was curious......so.....the evening of the date, we were to meet at a restaurant. He called me to say he was running late, but that I should go ahead and order <name of some specific appetizer>, that it was big enough we could share and that would be all we would need for dinner. Being forewarned about his cheap-skate-ness, I said that didn't really sound good to me, and that I wanted my own dinner.

After dinner, we went in his car to a movie theater......the DOLLAR movies! He pulls up to the curb and says, "I'll let you out here so you don't have to walk. I'll park while you buy the tickets." I sarcastically said, "Oh, thanks, but I don't mind walking from the parking lot. That is SOOO sweet of you though."

Old 12-14-2012, 08:50 AM

Here's another story of a once-and-done date.

We met at a restaurant, had dinner, that part went fine. We went together in his car to a nightclub for dancing. Again, that went ok. When we left the nightclub, his car windows were covered in ice, which he had to scrape off. I offered to help, but he had only one scraper.

We drove back to the restaurant where my car was still parked, which of course was also covered in ice. He parked next to my car, and SAT THERE in his warm car while I scraped my windows all by myself. Clearly he COULD have offered to help, since he and I both had scrapers at that point. But NOOOO. Chivalry was quite dead that night, as was the prospect of a future date.

My best friend and I have referred to him as "Mr Scrapeless" ever since.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:08 AM

OK, just one more for now. This one is pretty embarassing actually.

I met a guy online, he was very intelligent and deep, but quirky. Looking back I would say he has severe OCD, but I didn't realize that's what it was. I wasn't ever serious about him, but we had several fun dates.

That year we went out for dinner on New Years Eve. After dinner, we were back at his place, things are heating up, we both seem to be having a good time .....

.....and right in the middle of "the main event" he jumped out of bed, and said "It's Midnight!! January 1 is my dad's birthday! I ALWAYS go visit my dad right after midnight on his birthday!!" And I swear to you, he dressed faster than a jackrabbit on moonshine, and he was out the door before I could say "What in the @&!% just happened???"

Old 12-14-2012, 10:59 AM

17,869 posts, read 21,047,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbqTeacher View Post
"I put on my robe and wizard hat."
R U a Wizard?

Old 12-14-2012, 11:58 PM

354 posts, read 518,841 times
I met this guy and I saw this:

his is still fresh. maybe he saw me looking at it so even if i didn't ask he said he got it from donating plasma. and he says he do it often to make money. then he was bi-tching about his ex that he introduced into also making money from donating plasma... something about she did not gave him a share of the $50 pay from doing it? it's a blur.

at first i believe the story until later on i realize omg those are freaking needle tracks!!! it was our first and last meet anyway so who cares?

well for one he does not behave erratically.. i also just remember his eyes were red.

so ya, i met a crack addict without even realizing it.....

and that's why i ALWAYS meet in public places.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:55 AM

7,010 posts, read 12,019,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msvalentine View Post
I met this guy and I saw this:

his is still fresh. maybe he saw me looking at it so even if i didn't ask he said he got it from donating plasma. and he says he do it often to make money. then he was bi-tching about his ex that he introduced into also making money from donating plasma... something about she did not gave him a share of the $50 pay from doing it? it's a blur.

at first i believe the story until later on i realize omg those are freaking needle tracks!!! it was our first and last meet anyway so who cares?

well for one he does not behave erratically.. i also just remember his eyes were red.

so ya, i met a crack addict without even realizing it.....

and that's why i ALWAYS meet in public places.
Your post is full of so many errors it was annoying to read...must...resist...urge...to..correct!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships