Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 02:20 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,167,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacer View Post
That's quality right there.
I better work on assassinating all of my previous exes. Shouldn't be too hard, as there are around...three.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 03:22 PM

7 posts, read 9,982 times
Default Bad date

I once dated a girl with whom I got along great - similar interests, the sex was great, and so on. But she suddenly changed on our fifth date and was moody, bitchy and annoying. I finally dropped her ass off at home and left. She called me on my cell and confessed she was "stressed out" waiting for me to propose, that plenty of other men would have done that by the fifth date. I told her "Seeya."

This is a true story and has not been embellished in any way. I am Pinckney12 and I endorse this message.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:22 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,911,078 times
Quote:
That's quality right there.
I put that in because I might be open to widowed dads depending on the circumstances and men who adopted as single dads with no woman.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinckney12 View Post
I once dated a girl with whom I got along great - similar interests, the sex was great, and so on. But she suddenly changed on our fifth date and was moody, bitchy and annoying. I finally dropped her ass off at home and left. She called me on my cell and confessed she was "stressed out" waiting for me to propose, that plenty of other men would have done that by the fifth date. I told her "Seeya."

This is a true story and has not been embellished in any way. I am Pinckney12 and I endorse this message.
She's right, many men would have. In fact I've had guys propose on a FIRST date. However, first or fifth date is WAY too soon and I wouldn't expect one before 6 months.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:31 PM

904 posts, read 1,384,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I put that in because I might be open to widowed dads depending on the circumstances and men who adopted as single dads with no woman.
Oh, I get it now, you're not opposed to being on the hook for someone's children as long as there is no ex.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Oh, I get it now, you're not opposed to being on the hook for someone's children as long as there is no ex.
Well, I probably wouldn't want to support someone else's kids but in cases of divorce obviously he's spending so much on his kids and ex and not much left for himself.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:59 PM

904 posts, read 1,384,428 times
Quote:
Well, I probably wouldn't want to support someone else's kids but in cases of divorce obviously he's spending so much on his kids and ex and not much left for himself.
How did you get this skewed view of reality?

If the kids live with him because of adoption or his spouse dying he's still spending money on his kids.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:07 PM

Quote:
How did you get this skewed view of reality?

If the kids live with him because of adoption or his spouse dying he's still spending money on his kids.
Perhaps, which is why I generally avoid them too but there might be exceptions. However with a divorce he is supporting two households and might even be supporting an ex-wife. However, I can marry a widowed man or a man who adopted as a single dad but not a divorced dad. Plus, there is drama with an ex but not if he adopted as a single dad. A man with kids out of wedlock isn't someone who shares my morals.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:37 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,696,989 times
Quote:
Perhaps, which is why I generally avoid them too but there might be exceptions. However with a divorce he is supporting two households and might even be supporting an ex-wife. However, I can marry a widowed man or a man who adopted as a single dad but not a divorced dad. Plus, there is drama with an ex but not if he adopted as a single dad. A man with kids out of wedlock isn't someone who shares my morals.
You mean the morals that seem to imply that you don't want to date someone who may have other priorities for spending money besides you?

Old 12-18-2012, 04:18 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,047,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by useasdirected View Post
Yes but do the math. He wants kids by October 2013. That is about 10 months from now, so pretty much she's got to get pregnant in January at the latest.

He's either yanking her chain, is serious and has no clue, or just says the first thing that comes to his mind without thinking about it.
First thing that comes to mind for sure. He also told me on the first date that he knocked up his girlfriend in high school, but she had an abortion. Not really first date conversation material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Interesting, you'd think most of the guys were looking for that sort of thing, not women, but both sexes get horny and have their urges.

A 29 year old baptist youth minister VIRGIN? And she lost it while just messing around? Hmm, some serious issues exist with that one. You live in the south?
Yeah, ever seen Wedding Crashers? "I thought guys like it when girls say that..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinckney12 View Post

You're such a hot commodity Pinckney, how could she not want a ring from you after 5 amazing dates?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships