Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 12:28 PM
J24

448 posts, read 866,298 times

Advertisements

I feel like if guys act this creepy and strange to the women they meet online, I shouldn't have any problems, as I'd consider myself mostly normal. Wow.

I really don't have any desire to pay to use any sites like Match.com. It's not that I'm not sincere in finding someone. I'm not much of a player, I want to find someone to be in a committed relationship with. I just don't really want to pay in order to find someone. I suppose if I have no luck at all with POF or OKC then I might consider it... but that'd be a long time out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 12:46 PM

7,010 posts, read 12,033,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillebuckeye View Post
met a girl off of match.com this past summer. we went to lunch then went bowling (hadn't been in well at least 3 years) figured it'd be something active and simple. anyways, date went well. ended because she had to go home and get ready for work. date was on a sunday and she is a youth minister. we hugged, parted, got home and she had texted me asking me why i didnt ask to come back to her place and have sex? said she was really horny and wanted to see me that night. we ended up "dating" for about a month which involved basically having sex every day. after the first time we had sex she told me she was a virgin!!!! (or least at that point HAD been a virgin ha) so as luck would have it i had had sex with a 29 year old female virgin who is a youth minister at a local baptist church. who knew haha. every date she wore an outfit that probably would get stares inside a strip club. guess thats why every time we went out she preferred to go somewhere outside the community.

2nd best was back in 2007 when the 3rd grade teacher i took out for pizza and drinks afterwards had a temper tantrum in the parking lot when i said i was tired and wanted to go home. she however, wanted me to take her back to my place and "have my way with her". literally almost started crying when i said not tonight. she accused me of going home to call some other girl to hook up with and why couldn't i take her home. was weird and definitely a first.

in my experience most of the girls on match.com are testing the waters so to speak or are looking for sex.
Interesting, you'd think most of the guys were looking for that sort of thing, not women, but both sexes get horny and have their urges.

A 29 year old baptist youth minister VIRGIN? And she lost it while just messing around? Hmm, some serious issues exist with that one. You live in the south?

Old 12-16-2012, 12:48 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,823,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J24 View Post
I feel like if guys act this creepy and strange to the women they meet online, I shouldn't have any problems, as I'd consider myself mostly normal. Wow.

I really don't have any desire to pay to use any sites like Match.com. It's not that I'm not sincere in finding someone. I'm not much of a player, I want to find someone to be in a committed relationship with. I just don't really want to pay in order to find someone. I suppose if I have no luck at all with POF or OKC then I might consider it... but that'd be a long time out.
I think a lot of people do end up going to pay sites after trial and error on the freebie ones.

That said, I have met VERY nice guys on free sites, too. But it's hit and miss, for sure.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:16 AM

3,522 posts, read 7,814,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msvalentine View Post
so ya, i met a crack addict without even realizing it.....
I'm not an expert on these things, but I think you mean a Heroin addict. Heroin is where they shoot the drug into there veins, Crack addicts inhale a form of cocaine that can be smoked.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:35 AM

3,522 posts, read 7,814,142 times
I'm married now, but when i was dating I have more than a few stories about my "adventures".

I get a call one day at home and this lady starts talking to me what a great time she had last night and can't wait to get together again. I told her that was great, but I haven't a clue who she was. She dialed the wrong number and the person she dated last night had the same first name as me. We had a laugh about it and talked for a good half an hour. I told her if things didn't work out with the other guy, to give me a call, I'd got out with her. She called me a month later and we did end up meeting for a date (talk about a totally blind date) While not unattractive, she was a good ten years older than me, I didn't see her after that.

I met a girl at work, we went to a rodeo for the first date (her suggestion) and on the second date took her out to dinner and to a haunted castle in Philadelphia (it was near Halloween) between the two dates I spend over $250 and she didn't even give me so much as a kiss on the cheek.

I met a girl on a dating website, we chatted online and on the phone sometime before we met for a date. I tried to set up another date, but she lost her job after our first date. She would call me up all the time for "emotional support" for over a month before she finally agreed to got out on a second date. Well she came to the date dressed sloppy, no markup, I took her to a nice dinner, took her home I rented a video to watch at her house and she didn't even sit on the couch with me, I sat on the couch and she moved to the floor. No kiss from that date either. may it's just me.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:26 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,769,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
First of all, I want to apologize if a thread on this topic has been made before. I just don't care to go through the archives and find it if it has.

There's been a lot of people talking about the trials and tribulations of online dating lately, I thought we could have a fun thread where we could share all the good/bad/silly/weird/awful encounters or just strange things people you've met online have said and hopefully have a laugh or two.

So here goes:

-I had a guy from online dating describe jalapeno poppers as being "icky" while I was eating them
-I had one say and I quote directly "I hope to be married and have children by October 2013."
-One sent me a text after one date that read "I wish you were here naked and smoochin' me."
-One that used excessive lol's and haha's in text messages. We're talking extremes here. "Just put up my CHristmas tree lol hahahahahaha lol"

the same ones on the dating sites are the same ones walking around, if you thought there were going to be 'different' men to choose from -- you're wrong.

And that last bit was funny.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:42 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,467,692 times
So far after two days on Match, my profile has been viewed 231 times by 167 people. I've received one wink from someone whose intro is well-written, but the rest reads as if English is not his first language. I don't have a problem with dating someone who is not from the U.S., but the inconsistency raises at least a yellow flag.

I have also received alerts that 6 men saw me on their Daily 8 matches and clicked the "I'm interested" box, which I'm not sure if that is a step above or below sending a wink. I'm guessing below since you either have to click interested, not interested or maybe to see the next match. Three do not have pictures, none of the 6 have filled out the "my match" section and three indicate they are smokers which is the only thing I marked as a deal breaker. One also is out of both my desired age and geographic range (by about 4 hours).

So apparently, I'm quite attractive to those with the warning signs of being fake profiles. I do know at least one real person looked at my profile-he previously rejected me when a mutual friend tried to set us up and then I did end up meeting him at a social event where we both quite obviously did not hide our attempts to ignore each other. (Welcome back to high school).

Old 12-17-2012, 01:47 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,926,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
So far after two days on Match, my profile has been viewed 231 times by 167 people. I've received one wink from someone whose intro is well-written, but the rest reads as if English is not his first language. I don't have a problem with dating someone who is not from the U.S., but the inconsistency raises at least a yellow flag.

I have also received alerts that 6 men saw me on their Daily 8 matches and clicked the "I'm interested" box, which I'm not sure if that is a step above or below sending a wink. I'm guessing below since you either have to click interested, not interested or maybe to see the next match. Three do not have pictures, none of the 6 have filled out the "my match" section and three indicate they are smokers which is the only thing I marked as a deal breaker. One also is out of both my desired age and geographic range (by about 4 hours).

So apparently, I'm quite attractive to those with the warning signs of being fake profiles. I do know at least one real person looked at my profile-he previously rejected me when a mutual friend tried to set us up and then I did end up meeting him at a social event where we both quite obviously did not hide our attempts to ignore each other. (Welcome back to high school).
I hope you didn't pay because Match is horrible. Outside of a couple of guys wanting sex (and a married man)I failed. I am specific in what I am looking for and what I am not open to and men with my dealbreakers were the ones who contacted me. In my profile I clearly stated I am not open to men with kids and a living ex yet I had hundreds of these guys contact me. When I rejected them they would get mad but my profile stated no dads.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:04 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,648,269 times
I never paid to use any site and said back then that I never would. The main reason I used a free site is, when you live in a small town (the county I lived in only had a population of 20,000), everybody knows you and, if there is somebody you want to date, it will be all over town 5 minutes after you ask them. I got on yahoo personals and picked "within 100 miles". You get a fresh start that way. Don't mean I had anything to hide but you get time meet new people.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:07 PM

904 posts, read 1,386,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
...I clearly stated I am not open to men with kids and a living ex yet I had hundreds of these guys contact me. When I rejected them they would get mad but my profile stated no dads.
That's quality right there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships