Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 07:25 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,984,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I'm going to chalk this one up to a different moral standard.

No offense...
You have every right. I understand where you are coming from. But to me I find that you seem to be someone of age and during this day and time, such comments have such moral impact on you.

You ask of how would men feel if one were to say that to our sister, mother, etc.

Well, think of all the graphic and nasty sexual acts there are in life. I am sure that my mother and sister have induldged in what I would consider to be repulsive and disgusting as a brother and son. But is there anything I can do about it when I have induldged in similiar if not, more extreme acts?

We all have different moral standards. That is why I say to just walk away because there are far more worse comments that one can utter that would seem offensive and disrespectful to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 07:25 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,265,790 times
My husband and I jokingly say that about celebrities all the time. I think you are taking it too seriously to think that it has anything to do with our morals. We just find it funny. We also say thinks like, "I wouldn't kick him/her out of bed." It just how we joke about finding someone attractive.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:27 AM

Oh - and if someone said that about me, I'd feel damn good about myself!

Old 12-21-2012, 07:31 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,469,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I think maybe you need to lighten up. When I say something like that, I'm joking. I'm not going to have sex with a complete stranger, and I don't think a reasonable person who didn't know me would infer that either. It's a form of hyperbole - and exaggerated way of saying someone is attractive. Perhaps its a bit crude, but my crowd is pretty damn crude.
I knew someone would say that, and I almost mentioned it in my initial post. I am not being ultra serious here, it was just a question.

I actually was reading a thread in Fashion and Beauty and one of the male posters mentioned that he would it that in re to a woman who was posted in a thread. I have seen it 50 bazillion times and I thought to myself.....ok, and you think she would let you, why?

My crowd is a bit crude as well, both the men and the women, but not one of us says that. Not even if it is just me and one of the girls.....

Maybe I am older, maybe I was raised differently. I don't know. If I see an attractive man I think to myself, "Wow, he's nice looking..."

I don't think to myself, "Wow, I'd like to straddle me some of that!"

May also be my years as a Sunday school teacher too....

Old 12-21-2012, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I knew someone would say that, and I almost mentioned it in my initial post. I am not being ultra serious here, it was just a question.

I actually was reading a thread in Fashion and Beauty and one of the male posters mentioned that he would it that in re to a woman who was posted in a thread. I have seen it 50 bazillion times and I thought to myself.....ok, and you think she would let you, why?

My crowd is a bit crude as well, both the men and the women, but not one of us says that. Not even if it is just me and one of the girls.....

Maybe I am older, maybe I was raised differently. I don't know. If I see an attractive man I think to myself, "Wow, he's nice looking..."

I don't think to myself, "Wow, I'd like to straddle me some of that!"

May also be my years as a Sunday school teacher too....
I also think you are thinking it implies more than it necessarily implies. It's a common phrase implying someone is attractive. It doesn't necessarily have to mean that you would literally straddle a complete stranger. When my husband says, "I wouldn't kick her out of bed" - he doesn't literally mean that he is imagining her crawling into bed with him. Just like when you tell someone that they are "on fire" - you don't literally mean that they are on fire.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:36 AM

11,836 posts, read 12,117,431 times
Actually, I find "smashing" and "plowing" far more offensive...both of which I'd never even heard of until I read them right here in C-D Relationships. To me those are both beyond ignorant.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I'm a grown a%^ man. If a gorgeous girl walks past me, the stuff I imagine is a lot more "unpure" than the words I'd hit that convey.

I also have no problem with men saying that they find my mother sexually attractive, now what they do with that could cause problems, but if you are trying to be attractive to someone that is what is supposed to happen.

This is a case of simple biology.
LMAO the D. One time my kids and I were at Five Guys and there was a guy there who looked to be about 18-19. My kids were 15 and 17 then and we were walking along.

The guy was there talking to me, flirting with me, and I am sure he would not have minded "hittin that."

My kids were dying. My son stood there red in the face. I couldn't believe it either. I don't know if he thought we were all friends, or just didn't care one way or the other.

It was harmless enough. When we walked away my son told me he could not believe that just happened... that guy was near his age.... Crazy stuff, I told him.

What else am I gonna say? Happens to mommy all the time, you have no idea?

Old 12-21-2012, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
You have every right. I understand where you are coming from. But to me I find that you seem to be someone of age and during this day and time, such comments have such moral impact on you.

You ask of how would men feel if one were to say that to our sister, mother, etc.

Well, think of all the graphic and nasty sexual acts there are in life. I am sure that my mother and sister have induldged in what I would consider to be repulsive and disgusting as a brother and son. But is there anything I can do about it when I have induldged in similiar if not, more extreme acts?

We all have different moral standards. That is why I say to just walk away because there are far more worse comments that one can utter that would seem offensive and disrespectful to you.
I am 39, so if that is of age....

There are far worse things, I do agree, and this is a nice post.

Another thing about me is that I am a very literal person, so this phrase to me means exactly what it is saying...

Old 12-21-2012, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
My husband and I jokingly say that about celebrities all the time. I think you are taking it too seriously to think that it has anything to do with our morals. We just find it funny. We also say thinks like, "I wouldn't kick him/her out of bed." It just how we joke about finding someone attractive.
Quote:
Oh - and if someone said that about me, I'd feel damn good about myself!
Quote:
I also think you are thinking it implies more than it necessarily implies. It's a common phrase implying someone is attractive. It doesn't necessarily have to mean that you would literally straddle a complete stranger. When my husband says, "I wouldn't kick her out of bed" - he doesn't literally mean that he is imagining her crawling into bed with him. Just like when you tell someone that they are "on fire" - you don't literally mean that they are on fire.
Morning Dewdrop! Yea, I understand people say it jokingly, and some pervs not so much.....

I must say I would never say that to my bf as I would not want him saying that to me... I also understand it is a common phrase, but it means what it means. It may mean someone is attractive, but what a person is saying is not that they are attractive, but attractive enough that they would have sex with them...

I play around, joke and kid just as much as the next person. I am a very sexual being as well. I just think the phrase is raunchy and disrespectful.

And truly, I am not an old fuddy duddy prude..... "I'm on fire..."

Old 12-21-2012, 07:49 AM

29,804 posts, read 34,628,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Actually, I find "smashing" and "plowing" far more offensive...both of which I'd never even heard of until I read them right here in C-D Relationships. To me those are both beyond ignorant.
Seriously, "smashing" just makes me cringe. What a gross word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships