Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 08:31 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,304,948 times

Advertisements

To answer your question. If a women says "I'd hit that" (and means it) the probability of her actually hitting that are probably pretty high. When men say it (and mean it) they probably have less favorable odds, unless they are "hittable" themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 08:33 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,378,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
I'd like to hit a lot of stuff.
I'd like to stick my boot up some peoples azz but I don't go around saying it.... Wait. I actually do go around saying it. I always mean it when I say it and I mean it very literally.....

(There are only a select few)

Old 12-21-2012, 08:33 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
Well, the way that I say it is in a joking way and has nothing to do with the other person. It just means I find them attractive - and nothing more. My husband and I might occasionally say it in a scenario like this:

Me: Do you find Salma Hayek attractive?
Hubby: I wouldn't kick her out of bed!
Hubby: Who is on your "gimme" list now?
Me: Hugh Jackman! I'd so hit that!

I'm sorry if you think I'm vulgar or immoral - I simply have a perverted sense of humor! We wouldn't actually sleep with these people - and I don't even actually think about sleeping with them.

You don't need to be defensive about how not uptight you are. And I'm actually fine with you thinking I'm vulgar and immoral because I'm sure many people probably think I am - even though I'm a married woman with a baby! I own my vulgarity and immorality!

Old 12-21-2012, 08:35 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,838,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I'd like to stick my boot up some peoples azz but I don't go around saying it.... Wait. I actually do go around saying it. I always mean it when I say it and I mean it very literally.....

(There are only a select few)
Don't worry Pikantri, I understand why you find it offensive. I do. I also find it a bit lame; I prefer stating something like "I'd knock the dust off of that" in order to really get the point across instead.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:45 AM

Quote:
I'm going to chalk this one up to a different moral standard.

No offense...
Quote:
OK. Come on now.

In my opinion it is flat out vulgar. Ya know, everyone has opinions, and mine is just as important as yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Well, the way that I say it is in a joking way and has nothing to do with the other person. It just means I find them attractive - and nothing more. My husband and I might occasionally say it in a scenario like this:

Me: Do you find Salma Hayek attractive?
Hubby: I wouldn't kick her out of bed!
Hubby: Who is on your "gimme" list now?
Me: Hugh Jackman! I'd so hit that!

I'm sorry if you think I'm vulgar or immoral - I simply have a perverted sense of humor! We wouldn't actually sleep with these people - and I don't even actually think about sleeping with them.

You don't need to be defensive about how not uptight you are. And I'm actually fine with you thinking I'm vulgar and immoral because I'm sure many people probably think I am - even though I'm a married woman with a baby! I own my vulgarity and immorality!
I actually never said you or anyone was vulgar or immoral and you can feel free to point it out where I did and I will gladly apologize. I said the term or phrase was vulgar. I did say I had different morals, but I did not say they were higher, lower, better, worse, any of that.

I actually think the people who are saying it are the ones being defensive. You can own those things for yourself, but I did not and would not say them of you. I said them of the phrases.

Again, the true question was not really answered. For those of the people who are saying it and thinking it, do you actually think all these people also think likewise about you?

.....I see know where findly answered it, and I think findly is probably right with that answer....

Old 12-21-2012, 08:49 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,243,287 times
It's a figure of speech. Lighten up.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:49 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
Quote:
I actually never said you or anyone was vulgar or immoral and you can feel free to point it out where I did and I will gladly apologize. I said the term or phrase was vulgar. I did say I had different morals, but I did not say they were higher, lower, better, worse, any of that.

I actually think the people who are saying it are the ones being defensive. You can own those things for yourself, but I did not and would not say them of you. I said them of the phrases.

Again, the true question was not really answered. For those of the people who are saying it and thinking it, do you actually think all these people also think likewise about you?

.....I see know where findly answered it, and I think findly is probably right with that answer....
That's okay if this is how you see things! Have a nice day!

Old 12-21-2012, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
It's a figure of speech. Lighten up.
And conversate is a word now...

Old 12-21-2012, 09:07 AM

1,298 posts, read 1,824,770 times
It's a vulgar and offensive phrase to me - before everyone flames me read on as to why I think that.
Like Pik, I take it literally and the words "hit' or "tag" are just substiuted for the f word.
I see people use the phrase too many times in person while out an about and it's never been used (that I've seen anyway) in less than a vulgar, grotesque manner. Of course I have had a few laughs at the absurdity of the situations - guys using the phrase in reference to women that (for various reasons) would never even look at them, let alone consider such an attratcive "invitation".
I see many say it's a matter of context, it doesn't mean anything (I'm still trying to figure out that one), and to lighten up if it is found offensive. For me, it does not elevate a conversation - all that said, we do enjoy our freedom of speech here!

Old 12-21-2012, 09:15 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
"I'd hit that" is just a crude, direct way of saying someone is attractive. Conversely, "attractive" is simply a pleasant, bland euphemism for "****able." In the context of looks, saying, "Look at that attractive man over there" is not that different. The words just sound more polite. It simply acknowledges that, perhaps in a different time and place, you would consider getting it on with that person. Obviously it's impolite and can be demeaning, but I've said it.

If "get it on" is too suggestive, I beg your pardon. ;-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships