Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 09:58 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,176,129 times

Advertisements

AYBABTU - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 10:44 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,143,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Oh - and if someone said that about me, I'd feel damn good about myself!
This was my first thought too! I'd laugh and take it as a compliment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
Women say "I'd hit that???" Um sure. Maybe 1 time for every 1000 times a guy says it.

Women don't go to bars looking to "hit that". They go there in hopes of finding a husband, provider, security, stability, and a host of other things they aren't going to find there.

Guys go to the bar hoping to "hit that", and then after a night of disappointment, they go to the next bar, and the next, and finally end up paying to "hit that".

Is this news?
HAH!!! I have had conversations with my girlfriends that would make some men blush. Women talk just as vulgar as men and we definitely say cruder things than I'd hit that about men we find attractive!

Old 12-21-2012, 10:46 AM

1,392 posts, read 2,107,881 times
problem with me is, I'd say it for like every woman. So it's trivial for me. And the way I see it is, a lot of men are and most should be like this, so it's like saying the sky is blue.

Women are the same way too, to some extent. I was watching the Jersey Shore recently, and I laughed a lot when some girl in the club goes to one of the main Jersey Shore guys, and says "I'm a DTF girl", I laughed because I knew what it meant, though I couldn't remember where I had heard it before, and it's just such an absurd thing. But it's also funny because, "Yes, of course you're DTF", because everybody is DTF, all the time. Who honestly isn't DTF? The only thing with girls is they need to feel comfortable with the guy first, which takes a little time, but ultimately take any girl, make out with her, eventually get her lying down or leaning back, and dry hump a little, and you'll get her right in the mood, regardless of the guy for the most part.

Old 12-21-2012, 11:28 AM

28,226 posts, read 37,028,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
"I'd hit that." ?????

I see it written more and more and hear it outright. I think it is a blatant form of disrespect towards women.... (and men)

And really, all you men out there saying that...... Do you think all these women you say that about would actually let you?

Would you appreciate someone saying that about your sister, your daughter, or hell, your mother?

Just a thought for the morning.

Edit to have this towards both genders.
I am going to feel a little old-fashioned for saying this.

I tend to appreciate the indirect phrases more. I know it is supposed to be a compliment, but it feels more like objectification to me.

I think this phrase is really crass. I wouldn't ever use it.

But I'll chalk it up to the lifetime of subtle and not so subtle lessons my mom tried to teach me about being "lady-like." At the age of 34 I have heard my mom use a curse word approximately 4 times. I might be exaggerating. And my dad approximately 12-20. Now it is a little more frequent. I might here my dad quote a curse word, but actually use it? Maybe once a year in the last 5. As you can imagine, my mom told me ladies do not curse and well you don't get to use those words in polite company. She flips out when my sister uses one now.

[But don't mistake this for her being 100% old fashioned. She also drilled into our head to have as much fun as possible before getting settled down. Oh and not to depend on men to provide life fulfillment. And she pretty much only watches action movies. No rom-coms or chick flicks for her. ]

Old 12-21-2012, 11:40 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,472,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I will never understand people's perceived moral superiority based on being basically uptight.
I never said I was morally superior and I am far from uptight. I don't feel I am, either. Because I have a different thought process than others and live my life in a different way than others is not a reason for you to look down your snub nose roll eyes emoticon at me.... I am calling it like I see it and how I feel, and I am allowed to do that.

If those of you who think that I am uptight only knew....

At any rate..... I am very excited right now because I have found some zombie targets that when shot, bleed out.

Gonna be doing some shooting over the holiday and shooting at Zombies has got to be far more fun than just a plain target.

Old 12-21-2012, 11:48 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,387,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
"I'd hit that." ?????

I see it written more and more and hear it outright. I think it is a blatant form of disrespect towards women.... (and men)

And really, all you men out there saying that...... Do you think all these women you say that about would actually let you?

Would you appreciate someone saying that about your sister, your daughter, or hell, your mother?

Just a thought for the morning.

Edit to have this towards both genders.

The phrase really means this:

"I think you're a piece of meat!"

Therefore, the arse hole using it is as dumb as an ox!

Old 12-21-2012, 12:18 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,305,642 times
I have a buddy who says this comment constantly, and for him, it stems from the ability to not commit in a relationship. Women have become objects to him, because he chased one woman well past the sell by date, and his emotions got deeply hurt. You get stuck in the rut of casually sleeping around with no intentions of building a deep connection. In the end, you see the opposite sex, or even same sex, as nothing more than a means to an end. Once you get what you want, you discard them, till you want it again.

It falls in line with people that have long standing FWBs. Being a guy that has had them in the past, it has effected me in some areas of emotion. I don't show it very easily and I'm more closed off than I was before I became sexually active. It's a shame, but you really do start seeing the opposite sex as mere conquest....

Old 12-21-2012, 12:23 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,176,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
I have a buddy who says this comment constantly, and for him, it stems from the ability to not commit in a relationship. Women have become objects to him, because he chased one woman well past the sell by date, and his emotions got deeply hurt. You get stuck in the rut of casually sleeping around with no intentions of building a deep connection. In the end, you see the opposite sex, or even same sex, as nothing more than a means to an end. Once you get what you want, you discard them, till you want it again.

It falls in line with people that have long standing FWBs. Being a guy that has had them in the past, it has effected me in some areas of emotion. I don't show it very easily and I'm more closed off than I was before I became sexually active. It's a shame, but you really do start seeing the opposite sex as mere conquest....
That's one of my fears; to become desensitized and clinical like that, which is why I generally don't pursue short term sexual relationships.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:29 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,305,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
That's one of my fears; to become desensitized and clinical like that, which is why I generally don't pursue short term sexual relationships.
I agree. I don't regret what I did and I'm glad I made it out with 100% STD free; however, I didn't leave completely unharmed. It really does alter how you react and communicate with the opposite sex.

I actually worry about my friend, because he's had over 100 partners and juggles a lot of them at one time. When he goes out, it's really not to have fun, it's more of what girl can I talk to to get another number. Shoot, he told me the other month that he was talking to a girl who had a boyfriend. He's 2 years from 30 and he wouldn't tell me her age, but told me she's in college, so she's at least 18-22 likely. I've seen her picture and she does look in that age range.

When I was casually carrying on relationships like that, I actually stopped growing up. Where I'm at now, I should have been at 3 years ago. I was in a rut where the only thing that changed was how old I was. I still kept the young and irresponsible mindset. I'm so glad that I have left that lifestyle behind. The women I was with made it easier on me too, by wanting a more serious relationship, and I just didn't have those types of feelings for them. Looking back at it, you do feel a little dirty just using someone, because we didn't always respect each other and you wonder if you even like each other as people.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:30 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,472,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post

I think you make a very good point here. It is unfortunate, but it is how some people are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships