Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 07:03 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,457,614 times

Advertisements

"I'd hit that." ?????

I see it written more and more and hear it outright. I think it is a blatant form of disrespect towards women.... (and men)

And really, all you men out there saying that...... Do you think all these women you say that about would actually let you?

Would you appreciate someone saying that about your sister, your daughter, or hell, your mother?

Just a thought for the morning.

Edit to have this towards both genders.

Last edited by Pikantari; 12-21-2012 at 07:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 07:07 AM

14,373 posts, read 18,452,296 times
Um, I'm a woman. Me and my female friends will occasionally whip out "I'd hit that" or "I'd tap that" if we see a likely looking male specimen.

Thinking someone would make an attractive sexual partner is not a form of disrespect, unless you're saying this not in private conversation with a friend but publicly in such a way that it brings embarrassment to the object of your attraction.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:13 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,322,762 times
Sorry, as a women, I say "I'd hit that" all the time when referring to attractive men.

I must have a different thought process about the case. I don't look at a man and say to anyone that I would have sex with him.

I know it is joking around, but it would infer that wow, I would have sex with a complete stranger.

I actually do think it is disrespectful, to the person you are saying it to or about. Shoot! I guess I would go as far as to say that it is disrespectful towards ones self.

2,846 posts, read 2,982,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
"I'd hit that." ?????

I see it written more and more and hear it outright. I think it is a blatant form of disrespect towards women....

And really, all you men out there saying that...... Do you think all these women you say that about would actually let you?

Would you appreciate someone saying that about your sister, your daughter, or hell, your mother?

Just a thought for the morning.

We are men. Along with that comes strength, honor, integrity, fulfillment, protection, hunger, survival. We are men and we have been saying that for as long as forever. Imagine what we are thinking...

I see your desire to understand. But becareful not to come across as a man hater wanting to analyze our every desire and words.

And to answer your question- walk away from men. There is nothing about them you care to know about. The more you find out, the more you will hate us. So just walk away peacefully and carry on..

Old 12-21-2012, 07:14 AM

I'm going to chalk this one up to a different moral standard.

No offense...

Old 12-21-2012, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
We are men. Along with that comes strength, honor, integrity, fulfillment, protection, hunger, survival. We are men and we have been saying that for as long as forever. Imagine what we are thinking...

I see your desire to understand. But becareful not to come across as a man hater wanting to analyze our every desire and words.

And to answer your question- walk away from men. There is nothing about them you care to know about. The more you find out, the more you will hate us. So just walk away peacefully and carry on..
That term has not been around since forever.

I am not a man hater, never have been. Should I change it to people? Maybe I will.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:21 AM

14,373 posts, read 18,452,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I must have a different thought process about the case. I don't look at a man and say to anyone that I would have sex with him.

I know it is joking around, but it would infer that wow, I would have sex with a complete stranger.

I actually do think it is disrespectful, to the person you are saying it to or about. Shoot! I guess I would go as far as to say that it is disrespectful towards ones self.
I think maybe you need to lighten up. When I say something like that, I'm joking. I'm not going to have sex with a complete stranger, and I don't think a reasonable person who didn't know me would infer that either. It's a form of hyperbole - and exaggerated way of saying someone is attractive. Perhaps its a bit crude, but my crowd is pretty damn crude.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:24 AM

1,886 posts, read 2,235,460 times
I guess it's a simple way of verbalizing what the brain is thinking..Men and woman both do it verbally and non-verbally.
Maybe something like, emm, I'd enjoy getting to know that person better is more appropriate for some people.
A bit more PC..
When talking about the most basic of human instincts though, to each there own. And saying I'd do that is hardly degrading, more like a compliment..

Old 12-21-2012, 07:25 AM

26,709 posts, read 41,894,059 times
I'm a grown a%^ man. If a gorgeous girl walks past me, the stuff I imagine is a lot more "unpure" than the words I'd hit that convey.

I also have no problem with men saying that they find my mother sexually attractive, now what they do with that could cause problems, but if you are trying to be attractive to someone that is what is supposed to happen.

This is a case of simple biology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships