Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 11:39 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,597,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Actually, you seem to lack refined anything. Which probably explains why you've had to resort to this gibberish. Maybe if you were refined, you'd actually have a steady squeeze on Saturday night.

And as far as 'high status' individuals are concerned, I don't know any 'high status' individuals who are this scummy. Sure, pro athletes and rock stars. But the trajectory of those guys fame tend to be short and end badly.
You presume a lot about my wants and wished, don't you? Getting personal does not prove your refined points as much as you think.

Quote:
Want to know a much better rule to live by? Don't bang any woman with whom you're not prepared to have a long-term relationship. Why? Because the child support payments could last that long.
Actually you just paraphrased some of Tom' preaching, as in "Never have sex without condom with a woman who would not be willing to abort in a case of an accident".

Quote:
Need a rule? Here's one: Rules are for knuckle-dragging halfwits. Hope that helps.
Don't presume about the stuff you have no clue about. You should concentrate your wits on this rule for time being.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:46 AM

52,305 posts, read 52,748,112 times
Tom Leykis used to be here on the local radio a few yrs ago, his show has since been canceled. I used to listen to him once in a while and one day it just hit me while listening to him... The dude clearly doesn't like women and has some major issues, yeah, he might not sound like it on a first initial listen, but after awhile it is pretty evident he was weaned too soon.....

Old 01-07-2013, 11:48 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,597,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I hope you realize that this is exactly what super overly religious people think too. They think they argued perfectly logical and rational points and pat themselves on the back thinking they 'won'.

If you want remarkable radio, listen to NPR. Intelligent, logical and isn't filled with BS.
Nope, you should listen before making up your mind on anything. I don't agree with many his points "philosophically" but I do see rational side of them. Again, it was the only talk radio of its kind, it argued opponents respectfully and rationally. Nothing like that exists ever since.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:48 AM

102,226 posts, read 108,023,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Does this apply to women who wouldn't date a guy who expected her to contribute or just to men that expect a woman to contribute?
It applies to men who think dating is about spending money.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
Leykis - An obese, unhealthy, degenerate pervert, that's been divorced 4 times, and accused of abuse on numerous occasions. And this is the guy you want dating advice from?

Nice role model you picked for yourself!
Thanks for the background info.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The dude clearly doesn't like women and has some major issues, yeah, he might not sound like it on a first initial listen, but after awhile it is pretty evident he was weaned too soon.....
Ah. So are you saying this is a misogynistic thread? Good point.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:56 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,188,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
You presume a lot about my wants and wished, don't you? Getting personal does not prove your refined points as much as you think.

Actually you just paraphrased some of Tom' preaching, as in "Never have sex without condom with a woman who would not be willing to abort in a case of an accident".

Don't presume about the stuff you have no clue about. You should concentrate your wits on this rule for time being.
Actually, since I never had to resort to a pathetic set of rules during my dating life, sounds as if I had much more of a clue than you do now. And didn't you know that condoms break? Or didn't they teach you that in ninth grade health class?

Old 01-07-2013, 11:58 AM

52,305 posts, read 52,748,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Ah. So are you saying this is a misogynistic thread? Good point.
I was refering to Tom Leykis, not the OP himself.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:04 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,643,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Nope, you should listen before making up your mind on anything. I don't agree with many his points "philosophically" but I do see rational side of them. Again, it was the only talk radio of its kind, it argued opponents respectfully and rationally. Nothing like that exists ever since.
If you really think the bolded is true, you REALLY need to get out and experience the real world for a bit. There are plenty of people out there that rationally discuss relationships and sex without being a misogynistic a-hole about it.

I have listened to him. I don't like him and think he's wrong. He's only 'rational' to people who agree with him...to the rest of us he's nothing more than a shock jock making money off of sad men.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:06 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,315,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It applies to men who think dating is about spending money.
So you were NOT referring to women who expect men to pay for them on dates. Interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships