Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 01:47 PM

14,724 posts, read 33,468,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
Many highly-desirable women 1) Wouldn't need to put up with this and walk away or 2) For fun, outplay the men who think they can get the upper hand in this game. A smart, hot woman in a sexy dress saying all the right things trumps everything on the "Rules Man Should Live By." You are giving guys too much credit for logic and will power when it comes to highly attractive women, who can be amazingly adept at getting the rules changed.
And you're successfully married, right? This sounds a lot like enjoying the art of manipulation and getting the upper hand. Assuming the guy is educated, attractive, and has his act together, he probably would walk. The 9 or 10 who is a b-itch really amounts to a 2 or 3, at best.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:49 PM

You have it all wrong as far as food goes in Southern California. This WAS it! They got down to 6, and are growing again.

Big Boy Restaurants | Home of the Original Double Decker

Old 01-07-2013, 01:52 PM

79 posts, read 97,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Yup, my first impressions (long time ago) it's cynical, selfish, it's not what life about, etc., etc., what a puss I was. But the longer I live the less illusions remain, the more wiser and practical it sounds. Sure, Leykis 101 wouldn't help one to marry "best" (there is negligible probability for that anyway) but it beats being a "nice guy" many times over . Yup, it's cynical and it's not feel good relationship crap from a self-help column, but it works most of the times. I don't necessarily mean it works "all the way", it works to get attention and avoid trouble as the very least. Why anyone would call "cynical" something that works? Maybe Leykis 101 wouldn't work on a few "evolved" females out there but other than that it guesses average woman' longings rather very well. Sorry "nice guys" your single momma messed up your brains.

Rules ALL men should live by:

1. NEVER, EVER date a single mother.

2. Never do what you don't want to do. You make the money, you decide where you are going and what you are doing.

3. Don't ask a women what she wants to do.

4. Never tell a women how much money you make.

5. Don't EVER date co-workers!

6. Never answer the phone on the weekend.

7. Never spend more than 40 bucks on a date.

8. NEVER approach a woman in a club who has her girlfriends with her.

9. If you are not getting laid by the 3rd date, dump her and move on.

10. No spooning, no cuddling, no staying over. Get in, get out!

11. Never be in a committed relationship UNTIL you are 25 or really ready to settle down.

More elaborations here:
Urban Dictionary: Leykis 101

Too much work for me. Who needs all the mind games? Just go find yourself a nice foreign woman if American women aren't treating you well. Don't lose too much sleep over western women.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:52 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,708,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
And you're successfully married, right? This sounds a lot like enjoying the art of manipulation and getting the upper hand. Assuming the guy is educated, attractive, and has his act together, he probably would walk. The 9 or 10 who is a b-itch really amounts to a 2 or 3, at best.
If this is true, then why do so many 'educated, attractive, successful' men marry complete a-holes who then turn around, divorce them and take their money?

I'd say most men in that situation ignore the GIANT red flags that present themselves because a woman is hot, or easy or makes him look good.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
If this is true, then why do so many 'educated, attractive, successful' men marry complete a-holes who then turn around, divorce them and take their money?

I'd say most men in that situation ignore the GIANT red flags that present themselves because a woman is hot, or easy or makes him look good.
Generally, those kind of men have so much extra disposable income that they can take the hit, and go back and do it all over again. I don't think most professional men on the street are like this, but for celebrities, it's a joke. They are at the bottom of the cess pool. Most sane people who grew up in that environment learned to tune out that "world" by the time they were 20. If they were sycophants to it, then something was wrong with them, in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships