Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 10:24 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,361,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
I tell all the haters honestly, I'm a pathologically "nice guy" in the sense that I'm simply incapable of manipulation of others to achieve my goals, be it getting sex or a relationship, getting ahead in the workplace or winning family squabbles. I'm sincere to the fault, and I would be lying saying that I can ever practice some of Leykis 101 rules. Yet, as a pathologically nice guy I tell you that Leykis 101 is very useful. Why? You see pathologically nice guys look at the world as something full of nice men (and women) like themselves, they have trouble accepting that significant % of population are self-serving, manipulative psychopaths, seeing niceness as a weakness to exploit. Somewhat psychopathic Leykis "philosophy" levels the playing field so to speak for the guys who didn't quite grasp the sad reality because of whatever. It gives nice guys some immunity shots and tools against BS and manipulative female psychopaths. Even if you don't "practice" Leykis' preaching to get tail, it's very useful for saving yours. Many women hate Leykis namely because he did fine job looking at the world with their eyes and he described rather well what he saw, in simple words, without fluff and BS.
So...This jackass's rules teach men how to deal with the 'significant % of population [who] are self-serving, manipulative psychopaths'?

I must be incredibly lucky. I've lived, and dated, in countries on 4 continents and I have been able to, for the vast part, not encounter these kinds of people. I don't need any immunity shots, though I did get pretty sick in Turkey, against 'manipulative female psychopaths'. I read people's dating stories here on CD and I am absolutely floored. I really cannot believe that these stories are some people's realities.

Perhaps, and this is just wild speculative theory, not being a jackass will 1) not attract psychopaths and 2) not cause otherwise normal people to act like manipulative psychopaths.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:33 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,620,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I am not sure I understand you. Are you saying Leykis's philosophy gives a "reality shot" for those who lack consciences and the ability to emotionally attach to people (that is, psychopaths)? Because, if so, who wants to give a reality shot to psychopaths except a psychopath? I don't get the entitlement that people are owed something simply by existing.

If I am totally off the mark in my interpretation, I apologize. Please rephrase.
Tom specifically targeted population of the males raised by single mothers. Single mothers tend to skew an image of sexes, as in "men (outside) are bad and selfish; women are good, virtuous and kind, they seek nothing but love and attention". That's why little Johny should respect women (by default) and treat them as goddesses to be pleased in every way possible. Society on the whole acts as one big single mother and perpetrate the same lie on a larger scale. In truth, women are just as bad, selfish and psychopathic as men are. Respect should be earned on a case by case basis. And it takes little bit more than love and attention for a woman to love a man. Believe it or not, but these simple truths are a revelation for some victimized males, doomed to suffer emotionally and financially because of that.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:38 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,620,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
So...This jackass's rules teach men how to deal with the 'significant % of population [who] are self-serving, manipulative psychopaths'?

I must be incredibly lucky. I've lived, and dated, in countries on 4 continents and I have been able to, for the vast part, not encounter these kinds of people. I don't need any immunity shots, though I did get pretty sick in Turkey, against 'manipulative female psychopaths'. I read people's dating stories here on CD and I am absolutely floored. I really cannot believe that these stories are some people's realities.

Perhaps, and this is just wild speculative theory, not being a jackass will 1) not attract psychopaths and 2) not cause otherwise normal people to act like manipulative psychopaths.
Again, jackass' rules are just a very small part of that old radio show, they teach how to get some from significant % of female population, if getting some is male' #1 priority. Those rules work, that's why women are so mad at them. Tom' "philosophy" is more evolved than those rules, it's fairly common sense and "mainstream".

Old 01-07-2013, 10:42 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,292,819 times
Okay. This seems to be written by a high school sophomore, a guy with dreams of the open road and playing on his XBox until three in the morning. My remarks follow:

Quote:

Rules ALL men should live by:

1. NEVER, EVER date a single mother.

What are the circumstances? Baby Momma with three kids by age 21, all by different dads? Duh. Divorced mom at age 30 with stable finances? Why the heck not?

2. Never do what you don't want to do. You make the money, you decide where you are going and what you are doing.

During the initial stages of a relationship? Sure. When things get serious? Pshaw. Once you're a real deal couple making plans, forget it.

3. Don't ask a women what she wants to do.

Seriously? Even on her birthday? Again, you live in a fantasy world. Relationships are give and take, not take and take.

4. Never tell a women how much money you make.

Duh. Until, that is, you're in a committed relationship. Then your mutual happiness depends on full disclosure. Only an idiot would argue otherwise.

5. Don't EVER date co-workers!

This I agree with.

6. Never answer the phone on the weekend.

Seriously? That's a ridiculous rule.

7. Never spend more than 40 bucks on a date.

Proof that this post was written by someone under age 20. Seriously? Cheapskates are the most miserable people on the planet. And, unless you're taking your date to Chilis with a coupon, how are you going to pull that off?

8. NEVER approach a woman in a club who has her girlfriends with her.

Wow. Simply wow. That's actually when a woman feels most secure and is more likely to talk to you. Every guy who has been out there knows as much. First, good luck actually finding a woman alone in a nightclub. Second, she'll likely have a hunted look about her.

9. If you are not getting laid by the 3rd date, dump her and move on.

If you're not getting laid by the 3rd date, maybe you're not such a prize yourself.

10. No spooning, no cuddling, no staying over. Get in, get out!

Congrats. You haven't had sex. You've just masturbated in a woman's body. What a user.

11. Never be in a committed relationship UNTIL you are 25 or really ready to settle down.

Actually, I agree with this. By 'committed' I mean ready to marry.

More elaborations here:
Urban Dictionary: Leykis 101
The Urban Dictionary? Really? Sounds like a handbook for social retards if you ask me. And when anyone tries to tackle the dating list with a list of rule, I start looking for their lobotomy scars.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:44 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,698,174 times
Quote:
Tom specifically targeted population of the males raised by single mothers. Single mothers tend to skew an image of sexes, as in "men (outside) are bad and selfish; women are good, virtuous and kind, they seek nothing but love and attention". That's why little Johny should respect women (by default) and treat them as goddesses to be pleased in every way possible. Society on the whole acts as one big single mother and perpetrate the same lie on a larger scale. In truth, women are just as bad, selfish and psychopathic as men are. Respect should be earned on a case by case basis. And it takes little bit more than love and attention for a woman to love a man. Believe it or not, but these simple truths are a revelation for some victimized males, doomed to suffer emotionally and financially because of that.
Really this whole single mothers are making a sissy brigade. Single mothers don't cause that society has been purporting wacky gender expectations for a while so putting the blame on single mothers is just stupid.

I did manage to find a diamond in this rough with Respect being earn on a case by case basis that I can agree with everything else is just sounds like some perverse think about how things should be.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:45 AM

708 posts, read 880,826 times
Quote:

You don't really make sense. I don't think all guys raised by single mothers turn out how you say.

Are you saying that single moms deliberately teach these sort of messages? Or are you saying that these are the sort of thoughts little Johnny has on his own by seeing his dad's sketchy behavior? Where does the father of little Johnny fall in your agenda in raising his boy to be a man?

Old 01-07-2013, 10:51 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,693,070 times
Quote:
Again, jackass' rules are just a very small part of that old radio show, they teach how to get some from significant % of female population, if getting some is male' #1 priority. Those rules work, that's why women are so mad at them. Tom' "philosophy" is more evolved than those rules, it's fairly common sense and "mainstream".
I have no doubt this works on reallllly dumb women. Intelligent women (ya know, the ones guys that listen to Leykis have zero chance with) would laugh in your face and walk away. I mean, I could easily get laid and get a ton of attention if I focused on ex-cons, 'bad boy's and drug dealers, which is essentially what you're doing. Focusing on the dregs of society for your own benefit.

That's great if getting laid is your #1 priority...just stay away from me and women with substance.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:56 AM

102,315 posts, read 108,503,109 times
Quote:
There are plenty of nice guys out there who never heard of Leykis, what's your problem? let me guess, you don't really want them
How smug of you. If you'd been paying attention to Jet Jockey's posts last year, you'd know what the problem was, and it's not her.

A lot of men have found happiness with single moms. I know one, and I read about one who signed up with a dating service in Russia. The woman he fell in love with was a single mom.

Ridiculous rules like in the OP are for losers. No woman's going to stay with a guy who keeps secrets, and doesn't tell her how much he makes. Relationships are about trust. If you can't handle that, you're too immature to be in the game. And what if she makes more than the guy? Both parties are supposed to hide their earnings from each other? Yeah, that'll work.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Again, jackass' rules are just a very small part of that old radio show,
Well, I'm never going to listen to this jackass's radio show so you can leave that **** at the door.

Quote:
they teach how to get some from significant % of female population, if getting some is male' #1 priority.
Again, I'll stick to 'getting some' from the significant % of female population that AREN'T manipulative psychopaths. If these rules help guys to 'get some' from that segment of society, that has no bearing whatsoever upon my life.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
If you'd been paying attention to Jet Jockey's posts last year, you'd know what the problem was, and it's not her.
I wouldn't say that that is 100% accurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships