Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 12:13 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,610,686 times

Advertisements

The thing I have learned is to NOT make promises that you know you can't keep. I'm VERY big on that always have been, but I have learned to say I'll try instead of I promise if I'm not sure about that I can keep said promise. However IF I make a promise to someone I WILL keep it come hell or high water. These days I kow that sounds like a lot to ask but that's how I feel.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:33 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,593,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Have you seen the guy? He's a slob.
And that means nothing. I look like a male model (i.e, Boris Kodjoe) and I can guarantee you that Tom sleeps with the same super hot women that Hugh Hefner has access to where as I don't.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:37 PM

36,867 posts, read 31,157,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Tom radio show lasted for 7 years or so. It covered broad range of topics. There are hundreds of shows, I can't point you to specific shows covering single mothers and boys they raise. There were quite a few of those. Tom used to have a free audio-archive with mp3 of his shows, but it appears that his finances are getting sour and now he charges a small access fee. If you are that curious, have $9.99 ready.

The Tom Leykis Show | Premium Podcast Subscription
You couldnt pay me to listen to it. I dont want to know what show he spouted this. What actual legit studies/statistics support it.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-Man View Post
Leykis is an idiot.
The only idiotic thing Tom has done is that he got married at least 3 or 4 times. He then called it quits and figured out women to the point where he's able to dispense sound advice through his syndicated radio show.

Yes, he's not exactly nice about what he says about women, but on the other hand, all the women he was married to were not exactly nice to him (he told the stories), so it's only natural that he comes off rough and abrasive towards women because he's had enough of being used and abused!

At the end of day, women need to take some responsibility for turning men into monsters. Every guy I know who treat women not so good do so because somewhere in the past they got hurt by a woman in a major way.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:55 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,372,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
At the end of day, women need to take some responsibility for turning men into monsters. Every guy I know who treat women not so good do so because somewhere in the past they got hurt by a woman in a major way.

So, the answer to this is to intentionally hurt more women.

Absolute ****ing genius.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:57 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,226,677 times
Getting burnt by a woman/women is not a good excuse for treating all women poorly. Maybe radio guy should've chosen his wives better.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:01 PM

14,724 posts, read 33,468,873 times
Quote:
The only idiotic thing Tom has done is that he got married at least 3 or 4 times. He then called it quits and figured out women to the point where he's able to dispense sound advice through his syndicated radio show.

Yes, he's not exactly nice about what he says about women, but on the other hand, all the women he was married to were not exactly nice to him (he told the stories), so it's only natural that he comes off rough and abrasive towards women because he's had enough of being used and abused!

There are some women who can be "read" in 15 seconds, and you don't need 3 or 4 marriages, like Tom, to figure them out. Granted, some of these women sleep with him because of his money, and then figure out that the money isn't enough. No woman who marries for the money is happy, and will make a man miserable in the process.

I don't believe in being nice to these specific women who are "quick reads." One has to make the distinction. Grow up in SoCal and try living in a few other areas such as Atlanta and Seattle, and you will see the modern-day version of the debutante and the BAP, the Bellevue American Princess, respectively, and you will say to yourself (a) if I can get the benefits without expending too much time and energy, then fine, and (b) if I can't, then why even waste the time and money. Real simple. "Treat people the way they treat you," just as much as "treat people the way you like to be treated." If you are objectified, then feel free to objectify, and feel guilt-free about it.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
It's amazing.

All these guys giving each other advice...

Why do we even have a relationships forum? You guys know it all!

(Shame the knowledge doesn't translate itself into nooky, but you can't have everything).
It's not always about getting sex. Young men today simply need to learn how to protect themselves from predatory women.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:06 PM

14,724 posts, read 33,468,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Nup, nothing new here.

Just the usual American Male woman hating disguised as a "revelation".
What about Australian men? Come on. I don't know where the hell you are on your big island, but I get the impression that Sydney is the other side of the coin of Los Angeles. You are descendents of Anglo-centric values, as are the Canadians. I think Leykis is also available in the Canadian radio market. You do realize the US and Canada are contiguous?

Old 01-07-2013, 01:09 PM

708 posts, read 881,434 times
Quote:
And that means nothing. I look like a male model (i.e, Boris Kodjoe) and I can guarantee you that Tom sleeps with the same super hot women that Hugh Hefner has access to where as I don't.
I doubt you look like a male model. You don't seem like you like them in most of your posts though and this probably shows in real life.

Aren't you the poster eho was talking about eomen bringing physical violence on themselves by how they talk to men.

Maybe you and OP can grf together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships