Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 09:36 AM

2,886 posts, read 5,827,883 times

Advertisements

^^ and replaced with "cheap guy".

Old 01-07-2013, 09:38 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,694,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Yup, my first impressions (long time ago) it's cynical, selfish, it's not what life about, etc., etc., what a puss I was. But the longer I live the less illusions remain, the more wiser and practical it sounds. Sure, Leykis 101 wouldn't help one to marry "best" (there is negligible probability for that anyway) but it beats being a "nice guy" many times over . Yup, it's cynical and it's not feel good relationship crap from a self-help column, but it works most of the times. I don't necessarily mean it works "all the way", it works to get attention and avoid trouble as the very least. Why anyone would call "cynical" something that works? Maybe Leykis 101 wouldn't work on a few "evolved" females out there but other than that it guesses average woman' longings rather very well. Sorry "nice guys" your single momma messed up your brains.

Rules ALL men should live by:

1. NEVER, EVER date a single mother.

2. Never do what you don't want to do. You make the money, you decide where you are going and what you are doing.

3. Don't ask a women what she wants to do.

4. Never tell a women how much money you make.

5. Don't EVER date co-workers!

6. Never answer the phone on the weekend.

7. Never spend more than 40 bucks on a date.

8. NEVER approach a woman in a club who has her girlfriends with her.

9. If you are not getting laid by the 3rd date, dump her and move on.

10. No spooning, no cuddling, no staying over. Get in, get out!

11. Never be in a committed relationship UNTIL you are 25 or really ready to settle down.

More elaborations here:
Urban Dictionary: Leykis 101
Aw yes my favorite another one of those list that tell people how they are "suppose" to be. I get this obsession with dictating how people should act and with inflated assumptions to go with it.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:38 AM

823 posts, read 1,975,584 times
Quote:
Yes, he's fat, old and ugly, nevertherless there are plenty of young, beautiful women with him and around him. And that proves his point as nothing else.

Any guy with money can have as many young beatiful women as he wants. But he will have to choose from a very specific pool of women.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:40 AM

36,563 posts, read 30,900,697 times
Quote:
I tell all the haters honestly, I'm a pathologically "nice guy" in the sense that I'm simply incapable of manipulation of others to achieve my goals, be it getting sex or a relationship, getting ahead in the workplace or winning family squabbles. I'm sincere to the fault, and I would be lying saying that I can ever practice some of Leykis 101 rules. Yet, as a pathologically nice guy I tell you that Leykis 101 is very useful. Why? You see pathologically nice guys look at the world as something full of nice men (and women) like themselves, they have trouble accepting that significant % of population are self-serving, manipulative psychopaths, seeing niceness as a weakness to exploit. Somewhat psychopathic Leykis "philosophy" levels the playing field so to speak for the guys who didn't quite grasp the sad reality because of whatever. It gives nice guys some immunity shots and tools against BS and manipulative female psychopaths. Even if you don't "practice" Leykis' preaching to get tail, it's very useful for saving yours. Many women hate Leykis namely because he did fine job looking at the world with their eyes and he described rather well what he saw, in simple words, without fluff and BS.

Having trouble accepting and dealing with the fact that there are self-serving, manipulative, mean people in the world goes deeper than having dating woes. Behaving in a negative scripted manner for the purpose of manipulating women for your self-serving agenda of getting laid and some sick sense of revenge makes you no better than the people you feel have slighted you.

Your energy would be better spent seeking compassion, acceptance and forgiveness of others. Practice "do unto others as you would have others do unto you" instead of do unto others before they do unto you. But if banging as many chicks as possible with no emotional attachments or common decency is what drives your heart than carry on. We reap what we sow.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:43 AM

896 posts, read 1,477,166 times
Quote:
I tell all the haters honestly, I'm a pathologically "nice guy" in the sense that I'm simply incapable of manipulation of others to achieve my goals, be it getting sex or a relationship, getting ahead in the workplace or winning family squabbles. I'm sincere to the fault, and I would be lying saying that I can ever practice some of Leykis 101 rules. Yet, as a pathologically nice guy I tell you that Leykis 101 is very useful. Why? You see pathologically nice guys look at the world as something full of nice men (and women) like themselves, they have trouble accepting that significant % of population are self-serving, manipulative psychopaths, seeing niceness as a weakness to exploit. Somewhat psychopathic Leykis "philosophy" levels the playing field so to speak for the guys who didn't quite grasp the sad reality because of whatever. It gives nice guys some immunity shots and tools against BS and manipulative female psychopaths. Even if you don't "practice" Leykis' preaching to get tail, it's very useful for saving yours. Many women hate Leykis namely because he did fine job looking at the world with their eyes and he described rather well what he saw, in simple words, without fluff and BS.
I am not a Tom Leykis fan. But I repped you for this post. You are actually correct that a significant % of the population are self-serving manipulative people, and unfortunately that includes a large % of hot women....single moms included. Viewing the world as they view it is of great value. It helps you understand them. And no, their view of "what can I get from you" is not pretty.

Finding true unselfish keepers in the game of life is very very difficult.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:43 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,595,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post

Being a nice person is normal for most people, it is not pathological. The very basis of your argument is moot and very silly.
That's philosophy. Define "nice". Nice people manipulate others all the time, nice people climb social, wealth and opposite sex ladder all the time, nice people take advantage of each other' circumstances all the time, and so on. There are unwritten rules of thumb for all those human endeavors. Roughly 4-5% of population are natural psychopaths (people without consciousness who are incapable of forming emotional attachment to anybody or anything). Leykis "philosophy" (it's much larger than 101) gives a reality shot for those who lacks it for whatever reason. That's why most "haters" prefer not to argue Leykis views point by point.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:45 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
These rules are negative because they basically tell you to build a (metaphorical) fence around yourself to keep everyone out (except for a tiny hole for you to stick your **** through ; that no one else matters but you, that you should go to as little effort as possible to get some; That what YOU want is the most important thing on earth to the detriment of all others.

In other words, it's like putting a giant stop sign in front of your face. The ultimate "no."

Old 01-07-2013, 10:04 AM

1,092 posts, read 3,438,077 times
Quote:
Please, I asked you to itemize objections and not to get personal. Yes, overprotective single mothers are notorious for raising pussified nice guys, some never recover. I don't believe it's even debatable, it's a fact of nature. On the "positive" side, detached, uncaring and promiscuous single mothers frequently raise jerks and criminals.
Glad to know that the ABSENT father's bear no responsibility for either version.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:06 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Quote:
That's philosophy. Define "nice". Nice people manipulate others all the time, nice people climb social, wealth and opposite sex ladder all the time, nice people take advantage of each other' circumstances all the time, and so on. There are unwritten rules of thumb for all those human endeavors. Roughly 4-5% of population are natural psychopaths (people without consciousness who are incapable of forming emotional attachment to anybody or anything). Leykis "philosophy" (it's much larger than 101) gives a reality shot for those who lacks it for whatever reason. That's why most "haters" prefer not to argue Leykis views point by point.
I am not sure I understand you. Are you saying Leykis's philosophy gives a "reality shot" for those who lack consciences and the ability to emotionally attach to people (that is, psychopaths)? Because, if so, who wants to give a reality shot to psychopaths except a psychopath? I don't get the entitlement that people are owed something simply by existing.

If I am totally off the mark in my interpretation, I apologize. Please rephrase.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:18 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,595,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
These rules are negative because they basically tell you to build a (metaphorical) fence around yourself to keep everyone out (except for a tiny hole for you to stick your **** through ; that no one else matters but you, that you should go to as little effort as possible to get some; That what YOU want is the most important thing on earth to the detriment of all others.

In other words, it's like putting a giant stop sign in front of your face. The ultimate "no."
Tom Leykis radio show used to cover many topics of interests for 50 y.o. and younger males. Leykis 101 is just a very small portion of that show. Yes, 101 is cynical, selfish and to the point, if getting tail is your #1 objective, it's not there for relationship building. And it does work on many women, and that's what makes most women so mad. Tom strips them of their touchy-feely aura and put their deeply seated longings in simple "non romantic" words and rules of thumb. If it would be simple nonsense, why would anyone care to object it passionately?

If one swims in a tank full of sharks, it's wise to build a fence around yourself and put your selfish needs to live first. It's a good idea to put a screen between yourself and sharks allowing good fish to get to you, even if that screen is less than appealing to look at. Fence should keep sharks out, it's its #1 purpose, it doesn't have to be appealing aesthetically or philosophically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships