Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 07:01 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screami View Post
No but we are talking about the generalization that men who have trouble dating always want the most attractive women.
No, that's not what we're talking about. That was already explained to you. You're projecting onto the conversation that it's a generalization. Re-read the posts that were addressed to you, explaining why your perception is wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2017, 07:03 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screami View Post
I wouldn't say never but its as rare as sseeing an attractive woman with an ugly man.
That's actually pretty common.

Old 10-15-2017, 07:31 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,119,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
You cannot be serious.

I have...ENDLESS examples of gag-worthy dudes with hot chicks.

Endless.
ok, any broke gag worthy guys with hot chicks? I personally know a few but they were even in looks when they got together so they don't count.

Old 10-15-2017, 08:20 PM

926 posts, read 673,874 times
Quote:
You cannot be serious.

Endless.
So what?

What are you trying to say? Because of all the 'gag-worthy' dudes you see with hot women, that other ugly dudes should be entitled to have a hot 'chick' also? It doesn't work that way.

Whatever you think of those other ugly dudes, they got something that those women are attracted to...and that could be the ugly guy's personality, his charisma, his bank, the respectful and attentive way he treats her, his ripped bod, how he's on fire in bed, etc. ...

Every guy on this earth (including 'ugly dudes') got something that some women on this planet will be attracted to. And whatever that may be, they should work on developing that specific thing (or things) to the best of their ability so that they can attract the women they want.

Women do this same thing. We work with what we've got and we improve ourselves physically the best that we can so we can attract the kind of guys we're looking for.

Old 10-16-2017, 12:25 PM

212 posts, read 159,458 times
Quote:
You cannot be serious.

Endless.
If they are with them for any reason other than personality they're fake and don't deserve to be examples even though I don't believe you.

Old 10-16-2017, 12:31 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Screami, dear. They are with because of their personality, as you said. It seems you understand this point at least.

Old 10-16-2017, 12:33 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That's actually pretty common.

Yeah, I see good looking women with ugly dudes frequently. The women may not be attractive though, I can't really comment on that.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:28 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,157,761 times
Quote:
I am still waiting to see a hot guy with an ugly chick.

Waiting...still waiting...yeah...never gonna happen.
Just recently I mentioned this to someone how on more than one occasion, I don't know but maybe a handful five or six times in last couple years I noticed pretty sub standard women with decent or even pretty attractive men. They said there's a saying about how an ugly wife makes for a happy husband? Presumably so he doesn't have to worry? Couple weeks ago I saw a man who was fairly attractive with a woman who was about 65 lbs overweight, dressed like she was going to go paint houses, half her hair was died a neon green, ...so maybe some men don't give a damm about looks and some men may prefer unattractive or near obese women so they don't have to worry about other men

Old 10-17-2017, 12:38 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayafternoons View Post
Just recently I mentioned this to someone how on more than one occasion, I don't know but maybe a handful five or six times in last couple years I noticed pretty sub standard women with decent or even pretty attractive men. They said there's a saying about how an ugly wife makes for a happy husband? Presumably so he doesn't have to worry? Couple weeks ago I saw a man who was fairly attractive with a woman who was about 65 lbs overweight, dressed like she was going to go paint houses, half her hair was died a neon green, ...so maybe some men don't give a damm about looks and some men may prefer unattractive or near obese women so they don't have to worry about other men
Do you ask these people if they're together in a romantic way?
Secondly, there are way worse things than being overweight. I find judgemental to be a worse affliction.

Old 10-17-2017, 01:55 PM

20,393 posts, read 14,667,898 times
My boyfriend did not land me by being hot or rich. I don't think I'm a gorgeous woman, but others have said so, more people say "cute" however. I do know how much interest and demand was there, when I was available. Quite a lot. From all sorts, including a boyfriend I dated a while who was both good looking AND quite wealthy. I broke up with him. His personality wasn't going to be a good fit for mine longterm. Not a bad dude, just had certain personality traits that likely came about via military service, and my past made them triggery for me. (My god, would you LOOK at all those highly specific variables! But...but...what about the RULES???)

Sorry. Life is too complicated for rules.

The odds of what I found in my boyfriend, weren't very high, and the odds of what he found in me were probably even less. Yet we did find one another.

(Yay!)

There was not a crazy explosion of chemistry for me immediately, but I found him endlessly interesting, and so I stuck with it because I continued to be intrigued and mentally stimulated...about six or seven months in, it was fireworks, baby.

Oh, but he told me about his former roommate, who he wanted to learn from because the guy was in a band and always getting laid--hot chicks, too, strippers even!--and all he learned was that young hotties screaming drunk and destroying your car outside at 1AM is a good way to get the cops called. Wow! So I later found the old roomie on social media (by accident, he was a friend of a friend and I recognized the name in passing) and in idle curiosity I looked at his pics. Dude is not bad looking (if you like the whole bald with goatee thing) and I guess he got tired of the buffet of sexy young ladies he was pulling, 'cause he is married now to a woman I can only call extremely unattractive from an objective cultural standpoint. I hope HE thinks she's pretty. Or maybe she's just really nice and doesn't drink...lol... ??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships