Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2013, 06:07 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,240,102 times

Advertisements

I haven't read the whole thread but I did read the story.

There really are no polite words to describe that conniving woman.
I actually think the Father was put in an impossible position. I am not surprised that the kids have reacted very badly to it - they must feel betrayed by BOTH parents and probably see him suing for back child support as a confirmation that he doesn't want them now he knows they aren't his by blood. Really super sad.

I think this is an area where men's rights really need to be worked on. I view it much the same as I view a woman's right to choose. This is an area where men's rights need to be protected.

101 tests are done on new babies - I just had a baby and they tested her for everything! I see no reason why paternity tests shouldn't be done in all cases where a Father is named on the birth certificate.

Of course there are all sorts of situations which could make this difficult - absentee Fathers, etc. but in most cases I think it could be useful for the men who are being put in this position.

Ultimately I think the losers in these situations are the kids. So sad.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:08 PM

677 posts, read 1,197,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Apparently this guy thought nothing of the damage he would inflict on those kids.
The truth never feels as good as deception but it should always win. I can't blame the guy for not looking at the kids the same way after the paternity tests. They are not his blood.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:11 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,254,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
The reality is that paternity testing is about protecting an innocent person from beingt deceived and defrauded. In that example, this doesn't apply. The father knew the truth and chose to accept it.

This is about preventing fraud on a government legal document - the birth certificate. It's simply saying that whatever information you put on it is subject to verification. When you get a passport you have to submit photos, fingerprints, and two forms of id.

Tell ya what. In lieu of paternity testing how about we make it a felony punishable by life in prison to knowingly and deliberately submitting false information on a birth certificate? And have prosecutors vigorously enforce it. That takes away all the expense and invasion of privacy and logistical impracticality arguments out there. Same process as now with no burden at all on the honest people and severe consequences for the dishonest ones.

Well, no, the kid is the spit and image of her husband. There's no doubt. The husband was just prepared to accept the child even if it wasn't apparent and there was a chance the rapist was the biological father.

Not sure how you could prove someone who cheated knowingly submits false information. As Dew said, sometimes the mother doesn't know--and as far as this particular case goes, with the guy in the news, we haven't heard from the mother. Maybe she DID think the kids were his. You can't go by what he says.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayN View Post
The truth never feels as good as deception but it should always win. I can't blame the guy for not looking at the kids the same way after the paternity tests. They are not his blood.
That's your ego talking. Love doesn't die just because of a paternity test. The 14-17 years before, the times he shared with them, going over their homework, teaching them this or that, taking them here or there, the bedtime stories, the birthday parties, the holidays, all of that doesn't just fly out the window because of DNA.

Or it damn well shouldn't.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:25 PM

677 posts, read 1,197,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
That's your ego talking. Love doesn't die just because of a paternity test. The 14-17 years before, the times he shared with them, going over their homework, teaching them this or that, taking them here or there, the bedtime stories, the birthday parties, the holidays, all of that doesn't just fly out the window because of DNA.

Or it damn well shouldn't.
You're a woman. You don't understand. Your kids are always yours.

For a man, the moment he knows his DNA is not there, all the charm goes away.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:28 PM

1,909 posts, read 3,796,538 times
Quote:

Exactly. I'm getting right tired of all these women trying to tell us men how to think/feel. They don't know squat about being a male.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:29 PM

26,711 posts, read 41,912,279 times
Quote:

I cannot say I totally disagree with this.

By biology, women have more of a physical bond with their children since they carried them in their wombs for a period. A man does not have that unique bond. It is biology.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:32 PM

Quote:

For an ahole, the moment he knows his DNA is not there, all the charm goes away.
FTFY

For your information, there are plenty of men who would not be so callous. These are men who actually care about the children they raise. They don't take their issues with their ex-wives out on the kids like this guy did.

Oh, and if DNA were everything, there would be no adoptive parents, male or female, so there goes that ridiculous argument.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShoreSoxGo View Post
Exactly. I'm getting right tired of all these women trying to tell us men how to think/feel. They don't know squat about being a male.
No, but some of us do know about being ADULTS. It takes a little more than not skateboarding to be considered lame.

I have a sneaking suspicion a lot of the males here who are getting bent out of shape with the women who criticize this guy are either very young or have absolutely no experience with kids whatsoever.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:37 PM

25,899 posts, read 42,837,257 times
Quote:

Sometimes the DNA doesn't even matter. My cousins' dad pretty much abandoned them and has a close and loving relationship with his new children like his first kids don't exist. It's the sudden, complete switching off of emotion toward a child that is repellent. Someone in this thread boasted that he would abandon children in public and leave them stranded. I think women react to that on a very visceral level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships