Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2013, 08:29 PM

36,850 posts, read 31,130,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I had c-sections and after we saw that they charged us $80 for advil (for 8 pills) I had my husband bring me a bottle from home after the other 3 were born.

That's way OT though...lol
Ouch. You could get the good stuff for $80 (on the street). Or you could have had a DNA test!

Old 01-15-2013, 08:30 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,050,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy84 View Post
Oh, I think finding out what should happen next is important though. I certainly think if we would institute such a program, any guy that opts in by having a paternity test done, should certainly be part of the data base. Which is why I don't think guys would be quite so quick to willy nilly want to do the mandatory testing.
Since I'm apparently in charge of the Paternity Tests for All committee, I say OK.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Oh, I think finding out what should happen next is important though. I certainly think if we would institute such a program, any guy that opts in by having a paternity test done, should certainly be part of the data base. Which is why I don't think guys would be quite so quick to willy nilly want to do the mandatory testing.

Of course what happens next is important. Its the most important. Why even bother having the test if the results have no importance.

Yes. every mans DNA needs to be entered into the data base and checked to see if he is a match for any child born. Its his right to know if he has a child out there so he can begin his CS payments.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:40 PM

Quote:
So how would you identify the biological father in your scenario if the paternity test eliminates one party.

Are you going to mandate DNA testing of every male of reproductive age, so they can be in the data base?
We should make it retroactive. We can make it mandatory for every man woman and child to submit a DNA sample put it all into the data base and match up everyone, inform all those who are not with the correct biological family and begin the collection of arrears for monies paid on behalf of children and parents everywhere.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:42 PM

23,175 posts, read 12,329,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Of course you dont want to answer it. Dont want to think where mandatory DNA testing can lead. Im saying they can test for predisposition for homosexuality, addiction and violence. So why not test for those and get it over with. You will know, and the government, if your little angle is predisposed so you can keep a eye out on him. whats the harm.

Medical personnel are involved in our personal medical conditions, not our private lives. Our medical records are protected and their is a reason for that. If a drug were to show up in my system when I go for a routine check up, the nurse or lab tech does not get involved by informing my pastor, SO or law enforcement. If I develop a conditions they do not inform my employer.

You honestly dont understand why our personal health issues are private and off limits?
You must have missed the earlier post where i linked to the California birth screening program. They already are DNA testing for genetic disorders and keeping those DNA samples on file in a database accessible to the public.

And you betcha that hospitals inform what they find - if a woman gives birth and her blood is positive for certain drugs then law enforcement is informed, charges files, and the baby placed in protective custody.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:42 PM

708 posts, read 881,227 times
Quote:
We should make it retroactive. We can make it mandatory for every man woman and child to submit a DNA sample put it all into the data base and match up everyone, inform all those who are not with the correct biological family and begin the collection of arrears for monies paid on behalf of children and parents everywhere.
Agreed. All the C-D men can start by telling their moms they have doubts about their paternity, and will be asking dear old dad for a cheek swab.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
You must have missed the earlier post where i linked to the California birth screening program. They already are DNA testing for genetic disorders and keeping those DNA samples on file in a database accessible to the public.

And you betcha that hospitals inform what they find - if a woman gives birth and her blood is positive for certain drugs then law enforcement is informed, charges files, and the baby placed in protective custody.
Well to be fair, collecting DNA for the purpose of identifying paternity vs. identifying genetic disorders isn't quite the same thing.

Hospitals don't routinely do drug testing for every woman giving birth so I'm not sure how it relates to this.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:48 PM

Quote:
So for all of those who are in support of mandatory DNA testing at birth, why are you still posting on C-D?

Shouldn't you be writing the president, hiring lobbyists, picketing in front of your state legislatures to cause changes in the law?
How do you know we're not doing concrete things in other areas of our lives? Are you doing all that for all the things you support?

Old 01-15-2013, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
How do you know we're not doing concrete things in other areas of our lives? Are you doing all that for all the things you support?
I don't see it becoming law(mandatory paternity testing) unless people work to change it. Since I haven't really heard much about mandatory paternity testing outside of C-D, it wouldn't seem to be an issue that most are in favor of.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:51 PM

Quote:
If you acted as a father and assumed the role both emotionally and financially for years and you are the father the child knows and loves is it right to stop caring about the welfare of the child. Do you not still see yourself as the childs father. Should you then not have to support the child and not have any further parental rights to the child. Bam, just cut yourslef off,. This seem to only hurt the child.
But this is precisely what mandatory testing would eliminate. No man would find out years later, he would find out at time of birth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships