Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2013, 05:12 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,786,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
For Gods sake the man sued for bereavement compensation. He petitioned the court for paternity testing, forcing the kids to submit to testing, publicly proclaiming he was not their biological father and stated "I always wanted children and grandchildren and now its to late", In my book that is abandonment. Perhaps he is talking out both sides of his mouth, saying my kids are dead to me but i still want to be active and involved. IDK.
The kids, the daughter anyway, abandoned him after the paternity hearing. Its likely the mother interfered in the relationship the 4 years post divorce before the the bereavement award.
Ah, I see -- my apologies, as I was previously not familiar with what bereavement compensation entailed. I definitely agree that the that the father should have treated the situation with their children with greater sensitivity and care, as I believe I may have also mentioned before in my earlier posts, on this thread.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:21 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,056,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Well women tend not to take kindly to being called w***es, even in a roundabout way.
I guess it depends on how you look at it. There was a thread a long time ago in which I said I thought paternity tests should be standard. Of course I was burned at the stake by women here, but I don't see the harm in it. Is there any?

If anything, I think it would be freeing to just do it and be done with it.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:35 PM

25,899 posts, read 42,837,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I guess it depends on how you look at it. There was a thread a long time ago in which I said I thought paternity tests should be standard. Of course I was burned at the stake by women here, but I don't see the harm in it. Is there any?

I wish people would quit seeing this as another man-vs-woman issue. I agree with 2mares about the government's role in our lives, which has more to do with my political ideology than what's in my pants.

The harm I see in it are a subsequent increase in divorce both in the families with the lying women and those of the married men who impregnated them. More divorce means more welfare--the state is going to want to foist that back on the biological fathers. When they have everybody's DNA on file (even if the current generations of adult men are not forced to be tested, all new babies will be), fathers won't be able to hide or live in denial or ignorance anymore. Some people are okay with this, and yes, there are benefits. Get your DNA hooked up to your SSN, and they can start deducting money from your paycheck for child support from the get-go. There's a call from HR everybody wants.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:40 PM

36,883 posts, read 31,162,679 times
Quote:

Well, its not necessary. Is there harm in unnecessary testing.
Is there harm in mandatory testing? Would you be opposed to mandatory testing of your infant to see if it were genetically predisposed to mental disorders, violence, addictions, or homosexuality?
Is there harm in involving hospitals and medical personal in our private lives? Sould it also be mandatory to inform a spouse of STDs or other personal medical information?

Does any good come from it?
Back when i was in high school we did blood typing in biology class. This reveled paternity question about some students. Students no longer did blood typing in biology class but was there really any harm in it?

Old 01-15-2013, 05:49 PM

677 posts, read 1,197,040 times
Quote:
Well women tend not to take kindly to being called w***es, even in a roundabout way.
Too bad. When a woman says she doesn't want a paternity test, she's basically saying the man's doubts are truthful.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I wish people would quit seeing this as another man-vs-woman issue. I agree with 2mares about the government's role in our lives, which has more to do with my political ideology than what's in my pants.

The harm I see in it are a subsequent increase in divorce both in the families with the lying women and those of the married men who impregnated them. More divorce means more welfare--the state is going to want to foist that back on the biological fathers. When they have everybody's DNA on file (even if the current generations of adult men are not forced to be tested, all new babies will be), fathers won't be able to hide or live in denial or ignorance anymore. Some people are okay with this, and yes, there are benefits. Get your DNA hooked up to your SSN, and they can start deducting money from your paycheck for child support from the get-go. There's a call from HR everybody wants.
I agree. Sometimes as bad as it may sound these deceptions are the best for everyone involved.
Not trying to give bio fathers a free pass, but what good comes of possibly two broken homes and years of court appearences trying to squeeze CS out of a man that has no means or desire to pay and wants nothing to do with the child. Devastating lives that would have stayed happy and intact? Yes even the fathers if he had never known whould have rasied children he was pround of and possibly spent his golden years enjoying being a grandfather, now to just feel bitter and betrayed and estranged from his children.

Whats funny is the same guys that want a witch hunt are often the same guys who dont think they should have to pay cs if they didnt want the kid because a woman has the right to terminate the pregancy. And complain about how unfair family court is.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:50 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,056,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post

So you would be against testing to protect from divorce and holding a biological father responsible? If a woman is cheating, you'd rather she continue to deceive her husband???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Well, its not necessary. Is there harm in unnecessary testing.
Is there harm in mandatory testing? Would you be opposed to mandatory testing of your infant to see if it were genetically predisposed to mental disorders, violence, addictions, or homosexuality?
Is there harm in involving hospitals and medical personal in our private lives? Sould it also be mandatory to inform a spouse of STDs or other personal medical information?

Does any good come from it?
Back when i was in high school we did blood typing in biology class. This reveled paternity question about some students. Students no longer did blood typing in biology class but was there really any harm in it?
You're lumping homosexuality with addiction and violence? That's just sad and I won't answer such a disgusting question.

Medical personnel are involved in our private lives. Not sure what kind of hospital you visit that isn't ... And, yes, I do think a spouse should be privy to their partner's health status. Why not?

ETA : none of what yousaid is equivalent to determining paternity. Kind of a stretch.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayN View Post
Too bad. When a woman says she doesn't want a paternity test, she's basically saying the man's doubts are truthful.
Why too bad. If your lady suggested you take a paternity test because maybe your her bffs baby daddy, your basically saying her doubts are untruthful if you dont want to take the test. Either way you feel your SO believes you untrustworthy. Personally, I would have trouble continuing a relationship knowing my SO felt this way about me if I had done nothing wrong. If I had cheated before I could understand.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:58 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,804,492 times
Quote:

I believe trust is essential to a successful relationship. Asking for a paternity test is no less than an accusation of infidelity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayN View Post
Uh, or she's been nothing but faithful and is pissed that the man she has devoted herself to thinks so little of her.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:59 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,630,542 times
Quote:
So, how would you define a person, who spends their 20s giving it up to countless lowlifes, once over the hill and no longer persued by said lowlifes or already raising their offspring shacks up with mr nice guy provider, but once a month seeks to be impregnated by men with more attractive genetic make up, without consent or knowledge of her current "man". Pretty messed up, but oh so very common. Here is an idea. Mandatory paternity tests at childbirth. If a woman is cheating and lying, she can then pick up the costs of the testing and have the responsibility of finding and documenting the biological father. That would be fair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships