Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2013, 02:31 PM

677 posts, read 1,196,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaguy View Post
Look, this shouldn't be looked at with the conclusion that ALL women are cheaters and cannot be trusted. That certainly is not the case. This is not why we should do this.
Better be safe than sorry, though. I'm just waiting to reach an acceptable age to have a vasectomy.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:37 PM

22 posts, read 38,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayN View Post
Better be safe than sorry, though. I'm just waiting to reach an acceptable age to have a vasectomy.
Good luck with that. I understand your feelings. I believe it is not coming so much from raising another man's child but rather the fact that you don't want to be tricked by conniving women.

The thought of such a thing (being made a fool of) infuriates me to.

But if it is because of the genealogy problem (i.e., they're not yours), then I understand that as well. You shouldn't have to pay (in time, money, opportunities, etc..) for someone else's doing. It just sucks the world is like that sometimes (kids without parents).

Old 01-15-2013, 02:50 PM

I have no problem if there are guys who want to be idiots and refuse paternity tests so they can be a "real man" (whoever says this has a child but is not married to his/her biological father, and she knows it). I won't be one of them though.

Vasectomy + a condom in all situations.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:51 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,799,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
No not me.

Why not? You'd be saving the tax payers millions and saving yourself the headache of having to wonder if your woman is getting knocked up by someone else.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:52 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,240,420 times
Quote:
I'm sure women don't like the idea of mandatory paternity tests but everyone has the right to know the truth. If you don't have anything to hide, why are all women so against paternity tests?

If it wasn't for my age I would have done a vasectomy ages ago. No one is trapping me with this trick.
I think you are misunderstanding "all women." Or at least this woman.

I've never said I'm against mandatory paternity tests. I simply think it is not realistic. Insurance companies are not going to pay for them. The government is not going to pay for them. And my husband and I sure aren't going to pay for something we know we don't need. If it was already mandatory - then fine. Like I said, I have nothing to hide. But it's simply unrealistic to expect that the costs would be covered and that something like this would be passed.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:52 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,889,124 times
I think this thread showcases how the two genders differ largely on certain topics, perhaps based on biology (who knows?)..the men seem to be primarily focused on the betrayal/deceit of the woman in question and that the man got tricked into paying child support..on the other hand the women are focused more so on the children who are the victims and not so much the adults who caused this

My opinion is there are two aspects to this and although they are intertwined, they have to be looked at seperately. What the woman did was heinous/indefensible, and the man had every right to leave HER..but the bond he developed with the children even though they are not his biologically, probably wouldnt/shouldnt change due to this revelation.

I think as men, biologically we only want to allign outselves with our own offspring and not raise another's ( I think I recall a study that showed that fathers loved the kids that looked like them more than the kids that looked more like the mom). If you look through this thread you'll find hardly a male poster who is focused on the kids first and not what happened to the guy..I think its our nature. But if you think about it, how is the bond he had for those kids now that he knows the truth any different than that of a step father or adopted father? The situations are different of course but step/adoped fathers love their kids the same as if they were the biological parent...that relationship with his kids has NOTHING to do with her, she cannot replace their father, even if they dislike him for what he did..even if their 'real father' turns up..I bet those kids will always think of this man as their father

Just my two cents

Old 01-15-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I think you are misunderstanding "all women." Or at least this woman.

I've never said I'm against mandatory paternity tests. I simply think it is not realistic. Insurance companies are not going to pay for them. The government is not going to pay for them. And my husband and I sure aren't going to pay for something we know we don't need. If it was already mandatory - then fine. Like I said, I have nothing to hide. But it's simply unrealistic to expect that the costs would be covered and that something like this would be passed.
In a woman's point of view, it could never be realistic. But it can happen and we know it.

Anyway, if courts are biased towards women, it wouldn't be any different in this matter.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:55 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,804,685 times
Quote:
Vasectomy + a condom in all situations.
Yikes. He got snipped so we go bareback whenever we want. What's the condom for?

Old 01-15-2013, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
What's the condom for?
Diseases of course.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:57 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,711,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Yikes. He got snipped so we go bareback whenever we want. What's the condom for?
STDs I guess. I still use a condom after getting the snip. I only sleep with one person and have done so for the past 4-5 years. I even have multiple STD tests every year and I'm totally clean. I can't shake the habit though but it's a good one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships