Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 02:54 PM

353 posts, read 396,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
If it had been in his kitchen would you have assumed he was a cannibal?

You definitely read too much into the mask thing.

If it even exists. Funny how this thread went from "I'm disappointed that the dude broke up with me because he didn't want to wait for sex" to "I think he's a sex-crazed maniac because he had a creepy mask hanging on his bedroom door."
I never stated that he was was sex crazed. He was always a perfect gentleman. Again, he sent the email to me, I would have been more than happy to continue dating him, if he wanted to continue the relationship.

The mask was just something that I noticed, because it kind of seemed a little out of place. When I mentioned it to him, he just laughed and told me not to be frightened by it, but I still chose to view it as a sign.

I know it seems strange, but I felt like I was being tested. Needless to say, I passed the test.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:55 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,749,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
No. We're married to them.
No they're sitting up with a bunch of other bitter women complaining about how they've been treated, but don't realize they signed up for it

Old 01-16-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Originally Posted by Mary20852

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'll assume that this is a religious belief (as mine was in my youth). Believing that "sex is a sin" can easily morph into "sex is just not appealing." Forcing oneself to turn off one's natural sex-drive time and time again, for several years, can mess with your libido in a very long-lasting way. It doesn't always magically turn back on for Wedding Night. Or maybe even decades. Or maybe never.

I am truly troubled by how much misery has been caused by a particular interpretation of a few select sentences in a very old book.
It is a religious belief, and I believe firmly in it. Anyhow, I don't judge anyone for believing otherwise. I just know what works well for me.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:01 PM

48,709 posts, read 35,206,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
No they're sitting up with a bunch of other bitter women complaining about how they've been treated, but don't realize they signed up for it
LOL.

I've never had a problem with pre-marital sex, and never had a problem with a guy using me for it, that I know of. In general I've always been treated very respectfully.

And I was married to two of those pre-marital sex guys (first one passed away).

I think my experience is very common.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:02 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,265,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Huh?

Old 01-16-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Corret me if I am wrong as I am a pretty open minded person. I don't judge or condemn anybody.
OP, since you are strongly against premarital sex, how would you know the person you married to is not a sex maniac weirdo. By saying that, I am talking from my friend's experience.

She married her highschool sweetheart when she was 18 years old. Right after she got married, she found out her husband could only get off by engaging sexually abusive behaviors. She has been miserable for years, but since she did not believe in divorce, she suck it up and tolerate her husband's abuse.

A test drive before the actual marriage is all it takes to fix that problem in my most humble opinion. You don't have to be sexually deviant or sleep around, but you do however must understand and accept the mere fact that sex is required, necessarily and an important factor in a life-affirming satisfying relationship.

No?
You raise a good question. I'm very communicative, so I would definitely probe to find out more about the person that I was interested in. I didn't really know my ex very well, we only dated for a few months, but from what I gathered, he was a kind man. Of course there could have been another side to him, but I genuinely felt comfortable and safe in his presence.

Anyhow, if I did make the mistake of marrying the type of guy that your friend married, I would file for divorce immediately. I'd never subject myself to that sort of abuse. I'm interested in a healthy/happy marriage, not a miserable one.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:10 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,976,178 times
You may be able to date with this no premarital sex stance until you are 25 or so.
But mostly, most guys 25 and older will want to have intimacy (sex) in a relationship.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
You may be able to date with this no premarital sex stance until you are 25 or so.
But mostly, most guys 25 and older will want to have intimacy (sex) in a relationship.
Oh shucks, I'm older than 25. LOL

Old 01-16-2013, 03:37 PM

896 posts, read 1,481,610 times
Guys, Mary will be gone for the next 12 minutes. She needs to go Mary-bate.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
What if you met a very nice, sweet woman who was willing to be a great girlfriend minus the sex. You wouldn't want to date her?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships