Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 12:55 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,806,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
But how do I do that though?
I don't know what makes me happy at this point.
I don't know if I can live without my boyfriend, and I don't know if I can live with him.
I don't know if we have a future, and I don't know if he went out with the girl just to please his mother, or his feeling about me truely changed.

All these questions, no answers. This is my situation.

Get off this site, don't go on any more sites. Sit down without your boyfriend or anyone in your ear, have simple silence. List the advantages and disadvantages of having a boyfriend. List the advantages and disadvantages of being with your current boyfriend. Make a list of your goals and your dreams, make a list of things you do not like about you and list life decisions that made deep impacts. List the good things about your life, find out why you are living. After all of those lists, schedule a time to talk to a psychiatrist and present them with your lists, talk about what you have told us. After that you probably need to schedule a week a lone. Put your phone on silent, don't turn on the internet unless business or school related, don't sit at home either, go out and do things. The key is to find what makes you happy, because we can't decide it for you, and it's obviously you're too wrapped up in this relationship which is not good, and your boyfriend is easily swayed by his parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 12:56 PM

5,988 posts, read 10,510,083 times
Quote:
so somebodynew,

You are suggesting that bad behaviors should just be rewarded.

He went on a date, and I dump him, he starts a happy life with somebody new without feeling guilty?!
Your thinking is SO messed up!

What, you're going to stay around just to punish him? Don't you have anything better to do with your life?

Old 01-16-2013, 12:56 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,711,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy84 View Post
Maybe OP thinks this will make the guy desire her more?
well im so weird, at one point...yes i would want to punish her and you better believe there is going to be some tying up and punishment involved . After the mood is over, I would probably feel sick, disgusted and not want her to touch me...oh well

Old 01-16-2013, 12:57 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,711,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Your thinking is SO messed up!

What, you're going to stay around just to punish him? Don't you have anything better to do with your life?
yeah see it works, she punishes him..he punishes her..its a WIN for everybody!

Old 01-16-2013, 12:57 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,806,978 times
Quote:
so somebodynew,

You are suggesting that bad behaviors should just be rewarded.

He went on a date, and I dump him, he starts a happy life with somebody new without feeling guilty?!

Him catching you with another dude, won't make him feel guilty either. It would just confirm whatever his parents are telling him about you. Him feeling guilty is not for you to decide, you can't make a person feel something they don't want to feel, or don't think they should feel.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:58 PM

39,497 posts, read 27,846,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound_of_Reason View Post
well im so weird, at one point...yes i would want to punish her and you better believe there is going to be some tying up and punishment involved . After the mood is over, I would probably feel sick, disgusted and not want her to touch me...oh well

I feel exactly the same way you do.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekingcreativity View Post
Him catching you with another dude, won't make him feel guilty either. It would just confirm whatever his parents are telling him about you. Him feeling guilty is not for you to decide, you can't make a person feel something they don't want to feel, or don't think they should feel.
that is perhaps true.
and thank you.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekingcreativity View Post
Get off this site, don't go on any more sites. Sit down without your boyfriend or anyone in your ear, have simple silence. List the advantages and disadvantages of having a boyfriend. List the advantages and disadvantages of being with your current boyfriend. Make a list of your goals and your dreams, make a list of things you do not like about you and list life decisions that made deep impacts. List the good things about your life, find out why you are living. After all of those lists, schedule a time to talk to a psychiatrist and present them with your lists, talk about what you have told us. After that you probably need to schedule a week a lone. Put your phone on silent, don't turn on the internet unless business or school related, don't sit at home either, go out and do things. The key is to find what makes you happy, because we can't decide it for you, and it's obviously you're too wrapped up in this relationship which is not good, and your boyfriend is easily swayed by his parents.

Thank you so much for your kind words and advices. I might just do what you have suggested.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:01 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,895,080 times
Default Everyone is capable of cheating

Don't try to convince me otherwise. That being said, I hope to never find myself being in the right set of circumstances to have it happen.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:02 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,780,468 times
Quote:
I feel exactly the same way you do.
Oh grow up. How old are you, 13? You're posting thread after thread about the same issue, your miserable relationship. You don't live together, in fact you don't even live in the same town as him. It's a long distance relationship where he has little invested in you and you are running around in circles around him like a chicken with its head chopped off.You're really acting like a very immature schoolgirl. I suggest you cut off contact and go to therapy to start working on your extreme co-dependent attitude towards men.

And stop posting a minor variation of the same issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships