Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 12:46 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,805,814 times

Advertisements

No, No, and it's not worth it; I would not want my mate to cheat on me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 12:47 PM

708 posts, read 880,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
But how do I do that though?
I don't know what makes me happy at this point.
I don't know if I can live without my boyfriend, and I don't know if I can live with him.
I don't know if we have a future, and I don't know if he went out with the girl just to please his mother, or his feeling about me truely changed.

All these questions, no answers. This is my situation.
You can live without your boyfriend.

Clearly his family is quite upsetting to you....why would you want to be subjected to that.

39,381 posts, read 27,772,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy84 View Post
OP, do you have someone in your life that you can confide in and be there for you during this time. Maybe that would be helpful, someone in real life that will be supportive of you breaking up with this guy.

What do your friends think of a guy that treats you this way.
If I tell all my girlfriends about this, they will tell me, "I told you so" how can that be helpful?

If I tell all my guyfriends about this, they will tell me, "Dump him, I will go out with you."

You see?

22,278 posts, read 21,816,541 times
Quote:
so somebodynew,

You are suggesting that bad behaviors should just be rewarded.

He went on a date, and I dump him, he starts a happy life with somebody new without feeling guilty?!
So your alternative is to punish him by staying with him so he will never be happy?

Old 01-16-2013, 12:48 PM

Quote:
so somebodynew,

You are suggesting that bad behaviors should just be rewarded.

He went on a date, and I dump him, he starts a happy life with somebody new without feeling guilty?!
What???

Old 01-16-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
So your alternative is to punish him by staying with him so he will never be happy?
I guess the both of them being miserable is the best alternative?

Old 01-16-2013, 12:53 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,709,993 times
Quote:
I have to be honest. All the dogooders on this forum makes me kind of sick. We come to the forum to connect with real people with real problems. and certainly none of us are perfect, we do go through normal human emotions. I am no saint, but I am not evil okay?

I have never cheated on anybody, but I am thinking about it, why? because I am pissed!!!!!!

I am not going into the details but the ******* parents of the dude i am dating setting him up with a family friend knowing we are still together, my soon to be ex boyfriend went along with the date!!! His excuse is "I cann't afford making my mother upset because she loves me."

I am thinking about going out with my college friend. I always had a crush on him and I recently found out he liked me too!! He is currently available, and we bumped into each other in the mall. I haven't made any move because I feel so guilty.

I know two wrong doesn't make a right, I know the blah blah and one size fits all cliche type of advices people are going to dish out here, but I cannot help feeling resentful of my current situation. I am thinking If I am dating a dude whose parents encourage him cheating on me, why do I need to stay faithful?

I want to cheat to just get caught. I knnow I shouldn't be thinking this way, but I can't help it.
you want to cheat to get caught? that's so naughty...and then ur bf can then like punish u and stuff..i guess i understand the get caught part but if i cheated(which i don't) then i wouldn't want to get caught at all...so why do u want to get caught?

Quote:
If I tell all my girlfriends about this, they will tell me, "I told you so" how can that be helpful?

If I tell all my guyfriends about this, they will tell me, "Dump him, I will go out with you."

You see?
Well I told you so is less than ideal response.

I guess it confirms though that they also think the situation you are in isn't working.

9,408 posts, read 13,770,841 times
Quote:
Thank you.

and the sad reality is that he claims he is very faithful. but he ended up going out on a date with HER!
He's a loser. He panders to his parents and dates someone else? What kind of idiot is this guy? Get rid of him. He has a kid, he has some illness, he has domineering parents and no backbone. He's just useless. And post after post won't change that.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound_of_Reason View Post
you want to cheat to get caught? that's so naughty...and then ur bf can then like punish u and stuff..i guess i understand the get caught part but if i cheated(which i don't) then i wouldn't want to get caught at all...so why do u want to get caught?
Maybe OP thinks this will make the guy desire her more?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships