Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 08:45 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,025,666 times

Advertisements

Are Polygamous relationships the future of dating? It seems that with every passing generation they are becoming less and less conservative when it comes to dating. Swinging is not common but it is starting to become noticed by main society. Infidelity is becoming more and more prevelant in relationships and in marriages.

People are not engineered to be with just 1 person.

Furthermore you have lots of married couples who practice swinging and report happy marriages and improved sex lives.

Are we heading in this direction?
Are relationships between just one man and one women be a thing of the past..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 08:47 PM

708 posts, read 879,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Are Polygamous relationships the future of dating? It seems that with every passing generation they are becoming less and less conservative when it comes to dating. Swinging is not common but it is starting to become noticed by main society. Infidelity is becoming more and more prevelant in relationships and in marriages.

Furthermore you have lots of married couples who practice swinging and report happy marriages and improved sex lives.

Relationships between just one man and women be a thing of the past..
People should pursue what makes them happy.

For many, that is a monogamous relationship. I don't think monogamy is going to disappear any time soon.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:48 PM

102,254 posts, read 108,199,089 times
Quote:
Infidelity is becoming more and more prevelant in relationships and in marriages.
Says what study?
This topic keeps coming up every couple of months. It started with Trimac's "back to the law of the jungle" thread.

Sounds like somebody's wishful thinking, to me.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 01-16-2013 at 09:01 PM..

Old 01-16-2013, 08:50 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,102,844 times
Quote:
People are not engineered to be with just 1 person
Yes we are, if people would just pull their heads out of their asses and control themselves and their lives and stop being slaves to their base desires and instincts and refusing to actually think.
The way a lot of Americans go about their love lives is like how fat people go about eating, all they do is sate their feelings and don't think about the long-term consequences.

A couple of threads we mentioned arranged marriages and their far greater success. Indian people and the like manage to do it and end up having much better love/family lives from it.

I mean, half the American women out there don't understand that you're not going to find your husband at a bar.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:52 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,770,948 times
Quote:
I truly believe that society is pushing and promoting polygamous relationships and the like not because they are good and beneficial in and of themselves, but because the goal is devolve people to the level of interacting based solely on animal passions, a la "Brave New World" style (along with BNW's "feelies", "soma", etc.)... It is social engineering at its worst...

Quote:
Don't be so sure of that...I am a "one-woman" man, and always have been

Quote:
Are relationships between just one man and one women be a thing of the past..
If this is truly the direction that the future is headed in, then I shudder for the future of humanity as we know it...

Old 01-16-2013, 08:54 PM

708 posts, read 879,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post

I mean, half the American women out there don't understand that you're not going to find your husband at a bar.
Half of American women...really...where did you find that statistic ?

Old 01-16-2013, 08:54 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,662,272 times
Perhaps...but I do know it's not for me.

I'm hopelessly monogamous, unfortunately.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:58 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,204,974 times
No.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:07 PM

102,254 posts, read 108,199,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
It's the men who think they can shop for a partner at bars. Women generally go about looking for men completely differently. Look at all the guys here who whine that women only go to bars in groups, and aren't there to meet guys, they're there to hang out with their group of friends. Women go to meet-ups, join groups and volunteer, hang out in coffeeshops, etc. hoping to meet men. Meanwhile, men are stuck in the bar/club mentality.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:15 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,485,904 times
Monogamy is alive and well, never fear. However, the alternatives are coming out of the shadows of persecution, ignorance, and repression, and that's a good thing, IMO. It's good to have options, as one size absolutely does not fit all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships