Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 07:03 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,149,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
Me neither. I wonder why that is?

Oh, because it didn't.

Sorry to hear about the chip on your shoulder, though.
???

Old 01-22-2013, 07:24 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,743,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
or radical Muslims. They dig those virgins.
Yeah but they have to be dead first, then they get 14 of them all at once

Old 01-22-2013, 08:48 AM

2,186 posts, read 2,921,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
???
Sorry, I get more than a little tired of members of religion that makes up the overwhelming majority of this nation and dominates our culture in a massive way (to the extent that one can't even be elected president without talking about what Christian church they attend) acting like they're always being persecuted.

This is not a "Christian-bashing thread," and you would have to have a large chip on your shoulder to possibly interpret it that way.

If the OP is being "bashed" (which I'd say is a stretch), it's because of a holier-than-thou mentality and an expectation that others conform to her specific, narrow set of beliefs (which don't even come close to being held by all Christians, let alone all people). She's not being bashed for being a Christian, nor is Christianity being bashed.

Last edited by Plzeň; 01-22-2013 at 08:59 AM..

Old 01-22-2013, 08:55 AM

1,909 posts, read 3,784,555 times
What happened to good virtuous women, period? Most of the women I see, behave like SNAKES.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:09 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,149,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
Sorry, I get more than a little tired of members of religion that makes up the overwhelming majority of this nation and dominates our culture in a massive way (to the extent that one can't even be elected president without talking about what Christian church they attend) acting like they're always being persecuted.

This is not a "Christian-bashing thread," and you would have to have a large chip on your shoulder to possibly interpret it that way.

If the OP is being "bashed" (which I'd say is a stretch), it's because of a holier-than-thou mentality and an expectation that others conform to her specific, narrow set of beliefs (which don't even come close to being held by all Christians, let alone all people). She's not being bashed for being a Christian, nor is Christianity being bashed.
I don't have a "chip" on my shoulder, you proved my point with your own words. Have a blessed day.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:31 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,111,132 times
I can tell a lot about you just from your thread title. Just because a guy wants to have sex before marriage doesn't make him a jerk. I think a lot of guys would be willing to wait until you felt comfortable or even until you were in an exclusive relationship, but waiting until marriage is just too much for most guys, and you can't blame them for that. I'm sure there are guys out there who share your beliefs, but even guys who are willing to wait for marriage probably don't want to date someone who is judgmental and uptight all the time.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:35 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,182,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
The true piety of church groups and church organizations can at times be greatly exaggerated, in MHO I have personally known *tons* of supposedly-faithful Christians who simply did not practice what they preached, and applied certain Christian scriptural canon very "selectively". Meaning, that they were preaching pre-marital abstinence in theory, but in practice, they themselves were not holding themselves to their own professed religious beliefs.

IMO, church can under certain circumstances be the very *worst* place a person could possibly go, to find a like-minded potential spouse. After years of futility in trying that approach, I simply gave up, since it was like banging one's head repeatedly against a brick wall...useless. In my own case though, some of it may admittedly be a regional thing (i.e., living very close to D.C.).

It's not just D.C. Knight; its everywhere. Church is not the place to find someone to date or marry, especially since you're giving the whole church something to talk about
In fact I quit going about 7 years ago, because I don't need holier than thou people judging me & prying into my business. I can know God without all that drama.

Quote:
I don't see how this turned into a lets bash christians thread. I guess you can't "personally attack" women here, but you can personally attack Christians.
Eh, it's the new thing, in recent years to bash Christians. I ignore it, for the most part.

"If you're not pissed you're not paying attention"

Old 01-22-2013, 10:45 AM

2,186 posts, read 2,921,476 times
Quote:
I don't have a "chip" on my shoulder, you proved my point with your own words. Have a blessed day.
My lack of Christian-bashing while pointing out the lack of Christian-bashing in the thread proved to you that this is a Christian-bashing thread? It's now clear to me that you're right about not having a chip on your shoulder; it's way more than that. You're delusional, and not just in the religious way.

Last edited by Plzeň; 01-22-2013 at 11:06 AM..

Old 01-22-2013, 10:46 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShoreSoxGo View Post
What happened to good virtuous women, period? Most of the women I see, behave like SNAKES.
Sorry your mom has disappointed you.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:57 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,160,974 times
So...they flop to the ground and slither around with arms tucked in? Eat small mammals at night? Molt a new skin every month or so?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships