Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 08:41 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,805,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Maybe he isn't facebook savvy.
Yes that is quite possible but I'm even less so and I managed to put "in a relationship" in mine. I dunno, I"m thinking that if he was not FB savvy, he'd probably not put in anything at all. Also, I know it's not the same thing but his computer skills are quite sophisticated. I think that I'm seeing this as one more symptom of a relationship where I'm feeling hurried along to the next step before I've had a chance to get used to this one and will have to decide how I'm going to deal with this b/c it's destroying the attraction I feel for him, esp in light of the text I got from him last night where he told me not to bother to come over this weekend and then this morning he told me to disregard and wants to know if I'm on my way.

Raffael, it's a desktop, not a laptop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 01:32 PM

Update: yes it was a big red flag as it turned out. He started to get really clingy on me and started to freak out last night when I didn't text him back right away though I had texted him first to tell him that I was out with friends and that my phone was about to go dead. Apparently he read some darker meaning into that and started demanding to know what he had done wrong and what he had done to deserve this--I was getting texts even after I went to bed after midnight. Ugh, makes me ill just to think about it. So, that's over. This man is a counselor for heaven's sake but I think I'll run the other way if I meet one again b/c they're the worst--in my experience! The last one was a stalker.

He said a "funny" thing to me last week that I wasn't sure how to take either--he said that I was the heaviest woman that he had ever dated but not to worry about it b/c it didn't bother him a bit. Might have been appropriate if I had brought it up but I didn't--I never discussed my weight worries with him. So now I'm wondering why he's gone and gotten all hung up on a porker since his little talk left me with the impression that he thought he could do better. Another lesson I've learned is that old people should probably not text, lol.

Old 01-27-2013, 02:08 PM

550 posts, read 984,915 times
Are you sure he's not living with somebody else?

Old 01-27-2013, 02:31 PM

5,583 posts, read 6,514,131 times
Good riddance. I have learned sometimes those who counsel others are the ones who need it the most! Sure sounds like he fits my "profile".

Old 01-27-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
Are you sure he's not living with somebody else?
Just his son but it doesn't matter now anyway.

Old 01-27-2013, 02:44 PM

52,288 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Just his son but it doesn't matter now anyway.
Sounds as if you were too invested in the guy......

Old 09-03-2014, 09:03 PM

324 posts, read 294,595 times
I prefer the expression "living in sin". My religious grandmother used to love that when I recalled her how my brother and my cousins live with their girlfriends as "lovers".

Old 09-04-2014, 08:48 AM

54 posts, read 79,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Civil union is the one for homosexual, I think. Or civil partnership.
Civil Union = Legal contract with all the benefits and responsibilities of marriage, just under a different name. Civil unions are only recognized by state-level government agencies, and are only available in Illinois, Colorado, Hawaii, and New Jersey. Though civil unions were originally designed to recognize homosexual relationships, with the exception of Colorado, those states all offer same-sex marriage as well. Thus civil unions are increasingly being associated with people who want the benefits of marriage without the cultural baggage, and not with homosexuals. I know two anti-religious, straight couples in Illinois who have civil unions.

Domestic Partnership= Officially recognized relationship with some, but not all, spousal benefits. Domestic partnerships are usually issued by employers, but some local governments issues domestic partnerships as well as the states of Wisconsin and Nevada. Usually domestic partnership just means you bf/gf is on your insurance plan.

Last edited by ChiBlackhawks; 09-04-2014 at 09:01 AM..

Old 09-04-2014, 08:57 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,140,376 times
I never knew people took Facebook that seriously.

Old 09-04-2014, 03:03 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,372,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiBlackhawks View Post
Civil Union = Legal contract with all the benefits and responsibilities of marriage, just under a different name. Civil unions are only recognized by state-level government agencies, and are only available in Illinois, Colorado, Hawaii, and New Jersey. Though civil unions were originally designed to recognize homosexual relationships, with the exception of Colorado, those states all offer same-sex marriage as well. Thus civil unions are increasingly being associated with people who want the benefits of marriage without the cultural baggage, and not with homosexuals. I know two anti-religious, straight couples in Illinois who have civil unions.

Domestic Partnership= Officially recognized relationship with some, but not all, spousal benefits. Domestic partnerships are usually issued by employers, but some local governments issues domestic partnerships as well as the states of Wisconsin and Nevada. Usually domestic partnership just means you bf/gf is on your insurance plan.
OK. That's cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships