Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 06:54 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,462,559 times

Advertisements

So your boyfriend is 65. How old are you?

It seems to me that you are looking for reasons to end this relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2014, 07:03 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Berg View Post
I don't know what a "dd" is. Can you speak English on that one too please?>
This thread is almost 2years old but:

DD - Dear Daughter
DH - Dear Husband
DS - Dear Son
BBC - Err....Nevermind

Old 09-04-2014, 09:00 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,805,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
So your boyfriend is 65. How old are you?

It seems to me that you are looking for reasons to end this relationship.
I'm 55 now and I did end the relationship. Turns out my spidey senses were right bc he turned out to be a nut job. Within 6 mo after I broke up with him he was engaged to someone else. Either they're married now or she caught him talking to himself and ran.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:04 PM

Oh yeah and after I broke it off with him he called my ex-husband to discuss our "problems." Talk about embarrassing and great ammo for the ex to use against me in our next argument.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:05 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Oh yeah and after I broke it off with him he called my ex-husband to discuss our "problems." Talk about embarrassing and great ammo for the ex to use against me in our next argument.

Why would you be arguing with your ex husband?

Old 09-04-2014, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Why would you be arguing with your ex husband?
He was arguing with me lol. Actually I don't know what set him off but I suspect it had something to do with his resenting child support payments. I was flummoxed bc I did not "take him to the cleaners." I did get an inheritance tho and I guess he resents that.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:12 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Quote:
He was arguing with me lol. Actually I don't know what set him off but I suspect it had something to do with his resenting child support payments. I was flummoxed bc I did not "take him to the cleaners." I did get an inheritance tho and I guess he resents that.
Oh, I wasn't sure if it would be a child involved since you are a couple years older than me, our children are all grown have their own families and the youngest just turned 28. Thankfully I don't have to even talk to my ex husband, either one of them...

Old 09-05-2014, 04:30 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,462,559 times
Quote:
I'm 55 now and I did end the relationship. Turns out my spidey senses were right bc he turned out to be a nut job. Within 6 mo after I broke up with him he was engaged to someone else. Either they're married now or she caught him talking to himself and ran.
Okay, that makes no sense to me.

Did you break up with current boyfriend or are you talking about ex husband?

Old 09-05-2014, 06:02 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,149,907 times
Quote:
Yes I see what you're saying but that would be quite a feat and for several reasons:
1. He started the FB account after we started dating and has maybe 2 friends on there, one of them being me of course. At first it said single and that was a couple of months ago. He never does anything to his FB so I almost never look at it and not sure why I did today--I think to see if he'd put any pix up. 2. I go there every other weekend and stay for the whole weekend and he comes here on the other--we spent a large part of the holidays together also 3. He has a 13 yo son living with him

I had an experience like yours and am very sensitive to the fact that a man might not want me at his house and it's usually not for a good reason and even if he didn't mind trying to sneak me over every now and then while trying very hard to look like he's not sneaking, there's always the kid.
So, ask him - "Who is your domestic partner?"

Maybe its just wishful thinking, or putting the fact that you two are a meaningful couple out there so others dont think he is still available?

Consider his answer. He could be just dreaming of you, or he could have someone else in his life too.
The only person who can bring you any peace on the subject is him, and even then, it might be wise to keep your eyes open if he gives you an answer in your favor.

Old 09-05-2014, 06:42 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,372,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Okay, that makes no sense to me.

Did you break up with current boyfriend or are you talking about ex husband?
This is an old thread. She broke up with the boyfriend and then the exbf went and talked to her ex husband.

None of this is current.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships