Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 05:57 PM

620 posts, read 1,300,867 times

Advertisements

Keeping my eye on this one. But, I will add: charge it to the game and use it as a learning lesson for what not to do the next time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 06:07 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,067,471 times
Hello. Yes, I think it's best right now to just let him come to you. You did nothing wrong but , in general, men don't like to be questioned about "where things are going". If sex in a committed relationship is what you are looking for, don't have sex in the future (including with him, just because you did it once does not mean you have to do it again. If you want commitment, demonstrate that by not allowing him to treat you casually.) , unless the man asks you for a commitment and his actions show that he is sincere in the asking. Usually this would include several dates. Also, do not go to a man's home unless it is the time you are comfortable moving into a sexual relationship. Men must feel attached to you prior to the sex or it's easy to blow you off after. This takes time. You are a beautiful , young girl, I'm sure and you have plenty of time to learn so don't worry. Protect yourself from std's and protect your heart. Because although you have tons of time, the sooner you decide what is acceptable to you and what is not , you can better decide who to let close to you physically and emotionally (or not) , He doesn't hate you. Just give him space and let him take the lead. Hey, at least he knows you're interested in a committed relationship. Let him decide if that is what he wants, too. Don't contact him. Let him come to you no matter how long it may take.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:32 PM

1,574 posts, read 2,967,268 times
Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
I heard on the radio from a sex therapist (I think) that 90% of relationships in which the people had sex before 30 days didn't last a year. I'm no prude, but I can't help but think about this. You might try making a guy wait a month at least before having sex. As for this guy, I think you have to move on, or at the very least wait for him to contact you. Do not initiate contact. He hasn't treated you right and you have to decide if its worth it even if he does contact you. As for the depression over his mother, or whatever else is going on, he should have thought of that before going out with you. I've been depressed off and on for years, but whenever I met a woman I was interested in, I pursued her.
Probably 90% of guys won't wait 30 days......

Old 01-27-2013, 08:09 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
OP wait till you hit 40 - all the men are totally desperate and would do anything for a wife - the ones I know, anyway. They all want love and someone to come home to.

The scenario is totally reversed - over 40ish women tend to not want men laying about on their sofas and hogging their remotes, so generally speaking, the older male languishes alone and unloved...especially the ones who used to think of themselves as "players".

What goes around, comes around.

You will likely get to shag then cruelly reject as many men as you choose, when you're a bit older.
OngletNYC would wholeheartedly disagree with that.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:13 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbm90 View Post
I usually don't give it up so quickly...like I said that was my 2nd time...being 22 I honestly just recently lost my viginity last year so I'm doing quite well with that...I'm very picky with who I date and hang out with so I would understand if I ***** myself out but I dont. I'm not saying I regret it...it already happened so no use for crying over spilled milk.
Just because you've given it up now doesn't mean you give it up immediately from now on.

TAKE YOUR TIME and get to know these guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships