Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 01:00 PM

3,058 posts, read 3,825,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
This is an internet forum. You come here for free advice from uninterested parties, if thats not good enough for you don't let the door hit you on the way out.
News flash: you are not Robin Williams and chances are you aren't as funny as you think you are. Don't quit your day job. No one cares if you are short or not, clearly you need to work on that complex.
Was there something that I did to you, to cause you to be this hostile? I mean, WTF is your problem?

I never said I cared about being short. In fact, I said the opposite.
I never said I was as funny as Robin Williams. It was an example that everyone has heard of.
Yeah, advice, not to be berated and denigrated for no reason. Grow up.

Someday, I'm sure you'll what I feel, and someone on here is as rude as you are. Its easy to act this way on an anonymous internet forum, isn't it? Somehow, I don't think I'm the one with the complex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 01:03 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
You let a friend ridicule you in an unfriendly manner. That's a turn off right there. Who keeps such cruel friends?

You called your friend "the b word" which speaks to your own manner.

Something tells me it's not your friend that caused the problem.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
You let a friend ridicule you in an unfriendly manner. That's a turn off right there. Who keeps such cruel friends?

You called your friend "the b word" which speaks to your own manner.

Something tells me it's not your friend that caused the problem.
I let her? Unlike you, I am not clairvoyant enough to predict what people are going to say next. I guess I should have tackled her mid-comment

Umm, yeah. Kinda a bit chi thing to do. Wouldn't I be a dick if I said to a woman with a kid "I'd never, ever date a woman with a kid?". Be real, we don't live in La la land.

Ok, that's fine. Maybe it wasn't. I'm not sure. Trying to figure that out, by asking opinions.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:14 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
I've skimmed most of this but you've not talked to your girlfriend since this happened? You're fine with just walking away without finding out from her what she thought of the incident?

Old 01-28-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
I have plenty of short friends who have no problems getting girls. They workout, project confidence, and have good personalities. I am sure that height factors little into the equation when it comes to them being successful with women.
I have no issue with my height or stature. Obviously, you didn't read the opening post.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:16 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
I'm beginning to see why the lady left without any explanation. There's no point in discussing anything if you know the other person is always going to have a reason or excuse why you're wrong.

Vintage, if you know all the answers, don't ask any questions.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:25 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
Was there something that I did to you, to cause you to be this hostile? I mean, WTF is your problem?
irony = the quoted part is how most of us feel when reading your replies back to us

Old 01-28-2013, 01:27 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
I let her? Unlike you, I am not clairvoyant enough to predict what people are going to say next. I guess I should have tackled her mid-comment

Umm, yeah. Kinda a bit chi thing to do. Wouldn't I be a dick if I said to a woman with a kid "I'd never, ever date a woman with a kid?". Be real, we don't live in La la land.

Ok, that's fine. Maybe it wasn't. I'm not sure. Trying to figure that out, by asking opinions.
You're very reactive.

From your description it sounds like your friend went on and on about how undesirable you are without protest from you. You let her continue, yes? Did you walk away? Did you tell her it was uncalled for? Did you do anything?

That is what "letting" is; not being clairvoyant.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:35 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
OP also doesn't seem to have considered the possibility that female friend contacted girlfriend after his phone tirade and told her, "Girl, that guy is an abusive ******* and you need to steer clear!"

Girls do that, you know.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:39 PM

It gets a little tiresome when someone continues to harp on the fact that I made a little comment, when I'm trying to explain that the comment I made is definitely, 100% not the reason why she left me. I'm not certain about anything else, but I'm 100% sure about that. If I'm reactive, its because I can't seem to get this point across, and that's my own fault probably due to my writing style and what comes across as pertinent when I'm just trying to tell a complete story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships