Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 05:28 PM

88 posts, read 278,806 times

Advertisements

Okay, first of all take your time to recover.

I had been seeing this woman for a while, she's really great, very good looking, funny, intelligent. It was our 5th date and I invited her to my house. We had a few drinks, saw some old pics, etc. She then started to touch me and kiss me in a way I knew would eventually lead to sex. When I was sure she intended to spend the night there I panicked for obvious reasons.

I told her to stop because I needed to tell her something. Then I said I had been enjoying the dates but that we weren't really fit for each other and perhaps we should stop going out together. I then showed her the door. I could see she was really surprised and disappointed and kept saying 'What did I do wrong? Do you expect me to believe it just like this?'. I told her I'm no good for her and that there are plenty of single men around who can make her happy.

I really ruined it. But I panicked seriously, I saw very embarrassing moments coming had I let things flow.

Should I try to reconnect with her? Sorry for bringing my personal drama here, but I can't speak about this with no one, for obvious reasons as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 06:28 PM

1,236 posts, read 3,917,093 times
Damn Jason, no wonder you're still a virgin. Do you always do this when you panick with women? I would definitely try to reconnect with her and just tell her the truth. You have nothing to lose.

Old 04-21-2011, 06:31 PM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman6974 View Post
Damn Jason, just tell her the truth.

Exactly.

Who can't handle the truth?

Old 04-21-2011, 07:02 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,389,384 times
Jason, why don't you call this woman and simply tell her the truth? Don't let anyone here belittle you because you're a virgin, there are FAR worse things in life... like a million of 'em.

Apologize to her on the phone and say, "I have something I need to tell you which will explain why I behaved in the way I did. But I would prefer to tell you in person." And then invite her to a lovely restaurant, have a few glasses of wine, and then tell her.

It's nothing to be ashamed about it. It's not like you're a convicted pedophile or have an STD or anything like that.

Good luck. Call her right now, don't procrastinate!

Old 04-21-2011, 07:10 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,138,516 times
The others basically summed it up. You only have something to gain from veing truthful with her. It might be tough, but what's the worst that can happen? You end up where you are now. No worse. People are generally understanding.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman6974 View Post
Damn Jason, no wonder you're still a virgin. Do you always do this when you panick with women? I would definitely try to reconnect with her and just tell her the truth. You have nothing to lose.
Always do this? This is only the second time in my life I got a date with a woman (the other one was almost 20 years ago).

Old 04-21-2011, 07:19 PM

The problem is that if I tell her the truth she'll probably burst into laughter and I'm too old to let myself be humiliated like that.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:25 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonDavis View Post
The problem is that if I tell her the truth she'll probably burst into laughter and I'm too old to let myself be humiliated like that.
If she cares about you, she won't. If she laughs at your face, she wasn't worth your time, honestly.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:31 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,279,635 times
I don't know Jason...hate to say it, but I think you blew it...Should the oppurtunity ever come back up....TAKE It man....you did so well up to that point...the right amount of time went by, it wasn't your first date..you were really enjoying her company...Wow!!! ...just don't loose hope, keep working at it..love yourself and believe that you can do it!!!!

Old 04-21-2011, 07:34 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,279,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonDavis View Post
Life is a gamble Jason!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships