Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 04:29 PM

44 posts, read 49,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon22 View Post
Notice how I capitalized so much. I grasp the reason why awkwardness in general is frowned upon by women (sign of low confidence/weakness, makes thing uncomfortable, etc), but I really don't see why they have to look at as if it's some incurable disease that they instantly write a guy off for.
If these girls hate us awkward guys that much, then eff them. Let them be with those bad boys that won't treat them right in the long run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2013, 04:43 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,740,027 times
Got news for you men are no more accepting of 'awkward women,' they like to trot out that they are though.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:28 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,389,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Got news for you men are no more accepting of 'awkward women,' they like to trot out that they are though.
Well, for once, you are mostly right, but you also throw on the typical layer of "Doll Eyes absolutes." Awkward "4" dudes date awkward "4" women. Not awkward "8" dudes are not interested in awkward "4" women. There are some "4s" who want a "9" because they have a trust fund, but most are more realistic.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:39 PM

224 posts, read 357,212 times
I don't people favor "awkward" people in general.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:57 PM

5 posts, read 5,142 times
I for one love awkward guys They can be cute and shy and really sweet but some of them are momma's boys and I think that's what most girls think of when they think of awkward guys

Old 02-02-2013, 09:13 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,417,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon22 View Post
Yeah, I'm very much the latter and not at all the former. I'm not nerdy. I'm not good with computers and the like. However, I am socially awkward in conversation. This puts me in a predicament because if I was good with computers and such I could be an engineer or web developer and be making six figures, in which case I'd definitely have a girlfriend. But like I said I'm not a nerd techy, I'm just bad with conversation.

And yet you found it within yourself to converse with all of us here! You see how it is not as daunting as it seems? Whatever is on your mind or in your thoughts (as long as it it well-enough phrased or thought out and appropriate to the situation), just express it to the other person "as-is". Essentially, talk to a female like you would talk to a male (and vice versa). They are just another person with needs, insecurities, pros & cons, et al. Whatever is on your mind (more or less), just express it (with as much forethgought and finesse as you can). If the other person (the female) is not receptive, then she is not receptive. I'm sure there are females out there who wouldn't fit into YOUR OWN range-of-acceptability or range-of-interest. And that is OK (for both the female and male). Every male can't be suitable for every other female, and every other female can't be suitable for every other male.

The day that I overcame my shyness (to whatever degree I have done so in life) is the day I stopped caring what other people thought of me. The other person (whoever she happens to be) can either accept me or not accept me, accommodate me or not accommodate me, embrace me or not embrace me. It is all OK . . . my life will go on in any case. I have value and worth in life regardless of whether some person or persons (or ALL people, for that matter) accommodate and embrace me or don't do so. If the woman in question can't find it in herself to accommodate me, it may well be a sign that either the life situation or timing isn't right for her or for us OR that she is not the right complement or match for me in the first place (or I am not the right complement or match for her) OR that she is simply too blind or unable to see how I could be a good complement to or for her. Whatever the reason for our not connecting, I move on & start anew.

But perhaps, for some persons (or for many persons?), this sense-of-self or of sense-of-security about oneself comes only with age & time. I myself am not a youngster anymore, so it had to take hold in me over some years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships