Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 07:51 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I think the guys who complain that young women all go for bad boys are just mad that they're not having sex. It's not that the so-called nice guys want to be partners and providers either. They're mad because they weren't invited to the party.
I agree, "nice guys" feel left out and completely ignored, and its hard to blame them. All men want to have sex, and for guys in their late teens and early twenties its likely the most important thing. But the so called nice guys do indeed want also to be partners and providers but attractive women in their age group completely ignore them. They do however come into the picture again, once the woman is no longer persued by men, and she settles for mr nice guy who will raise some dead beats two kids and pay the bills. Such is life. SO, Nice guys, either take up a life of celibacy or start figuring out how to treat women so they respond to you. I wont tell you how to do it just yet, because Id likely get banned for it, and give some present white knights and butch flannel wearing feminazis a heart attack. I will give you a hint however, it has nothing to do with being nice or polite.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:52 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Wouldn't the girls who won't give you the time of day and treat you badly be bad girls? Why is a "nice guy" going for bad girls?

Old 02-01-2013, 08:00 AM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beijingbear View Post
Yes, I've figured it out now that younger women like bad boys and older women like nice guys.?
You haven't figured anything out. What you should be wondering is why you seem to always choose women who like bad boys. The majority of young women look for nice guys/good guys. But you're not choosing them. Why is that? Why do you keep doing this to yourself?

Old 02-01-2013, 08:13 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You haven't figured anything out. What you should be wondering is why you seem to always choose women who like bad boys. The majority of young women look for nice guys/good guys. But you're not choosing them. Why is that? Why do you keep doing this to yourself?
Ruth, how is everything on your planet? On earth, things work differently.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:24 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,403,352 times
"Wah, wah, wah."

That's all I'm reading. No wonder why you can't meet a chick.

Maybe you're just too whiny and/or boring? Some men seem to give the "Bad Boys" too much cred.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:27 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
You don't sound like such a nice guy from your post honestly. You sound bitter because this woman rejected you years ago. I agree the term nice guy should be banned. What makes you a nice guy anyway? Because you don't beat your wife or girlfriend? Because you've never murdered anyone or stolen anything?

I recently reconnected with a guy I went to high school with and went out on a few dates with about ten years ago. He claims to be a nice guy like you and was complaining that no women ever like him and they just pass him by for the jerks. After a few days of talking to him it became pretty clear why women pass him over. All he does is whine about how lonely he is and how he wishes he had someone to do things with. Not such a turn on for most women. So called nice guys need to stop thinking the world owes them a super model. I wonder how many average or below average but "nice" women these guys reject. Nice guys don't want to lower their standards to reality, so they complain about how shallow women are when really they need to adjust what kind of women they pursue.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:31 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,379,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPollard View Post
Yeah, go get an "Oriental girl". It's not you at all. It's them.

Keep telling yourself that, too.
This term is so dated, and this is 2013. When this guy named Frohnmayer (once a politician) took over at the Univ. of Oregon as President, he had to address diversity and said that there were things in place at U of O for 'Oriental students.' He wasn't trying to be un-PC; he was just not indoctrinated in the latest in PC-ness. This hit the media. Some were mad, but most shrugged it off. He had to apologize for this generational gaffe.

About single moms and nice guys. The single mom who became a single mom because she was a steamroller will always hunt for nice guys who she can, once again, steamroll. On the other hand, that single mom at Starbucks who looked like she could have been an extra on "Baywatch" had a fireman for a boyfriend. So it depends on the looks and personality of the single mom, in accordance with the rules of the market.

Oriental: Rugs or People? | NYU Livewire

Old 02-01-2013, 08:31 AM

4,045 posts, read 4,431,622 times
Hey OP,sounds like you're getting really favorable responses here

But I agree on your post,very observational.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:34 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,144,735 times
Seems like these threads pop up several times a day

Old 02-01-2013, 08:40 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beijingbear View Post
Yes, I've figured it out now that younger women like bad boys and older women like nice guys. Younger women are stupid enough to think the bad boys are going to be providers and they'll be able to ride around town on the bad boys' Harley showing them off to their girlfriends making them jealous.Just yesterday, I turned down a woman who expressed interest in me. She's a single mother with two kids. First of all, I'm not keen on raising someone else's kids or being a second stringer in the relationship, and I sure as hell don't want to deal with her ex-husband when he gets out of prison.I tried hooking up with her 5 years ago, but she gave me that whole speech "Well you're a really nice guy, but I'm just not that into you." Then she got involved with some dip**** with a criminal record a mile long thinking she could fix him. I told her he was no good for her, but then she didn't listen. So now she wants me now that she can't find another man! Yeah!Now she wants me because she doesn't have a male role model for kids, and her boyfriend is an assclown. I told her, "Sorry, Honey! You had your chance and you blew it." I know that sounds calloused, but I think I just gave legitimate reasons not to get involved with her. I'm not crazy about kids, so I'm actually doing her a favor.Am I just being cynical or do nice guys really always finish last? It seems logic doesn't tie into female psychology in our society until about the age of 35. Unfortunately, by that time, they've already been divorced and dropped out a couple of kids. There must be something about postpartum or pre-menopause that finally triggers all the neurotransmitters to the rational parts of their brains. Then there are those like my older sister who's 40 and never get it. I keep wondering how many sticks of dynamite I'll have to blast into her ears before her thick head finally clears up.So why is it only single moms are attracted to me when I'm thinking with the bigger head? I imagine their stupidity is how they wound up being single moms in the first place. Do I need to travel to the Far East and find a traditional Oriental girl? Do I need to go out and start robbing liquor stores and get a tattoo saying, "Born to Lose" across my chest? Or will I have to wait until I'm 50 until all the women in my dating pool have grown kids?

I'm 25 and I've always liked nice guys not a guy who I can walk all over but a genuinely nice guy......now I have a son I still like nice guys its not changed although I'm under no illusion having a kid obviously reduces the chances of finding a nice guy as we get stereotyped as wanting someone to support us and out kid financially and no decent man wants involved with that.

There are women who still want a nice guy. Any decent women would want to settle with a good man rather than some idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships