Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 08:40 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Seems like these threads pop up several times a day
A lot of bitter whiney "nice" guys out there who think the world owes them a gorgeous devoted girlfriend or wife because they are so "nice." What does nice mean anyway?

Old 02-01-2013, 08:44 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,041,600 times
I truly don't know why it seems that way to you. The reality I live in/observe seems quite different than that which I read here. Though I've never understood people who need to trumpet how "nice" they are. It's one of those words like "classy"--if you use it to describe yourself, you might not be embodying it. Actions speak louder than words.

(For the record, I've never heard anyone refer to themselves as a "bad boy" either, though I might die from laughing it I did, as it would conjur up images of Fonzie from Happy Days or something).

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Ruth, how is everything on your planet? On earth, things work differently.
Not all of us live in a world that plays out as if it's an episode of Entourage written by Tucker Max. If that's normal for you, yikes.

4,045 posts, read 4,431,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
A lot of bitter whiney "nice" guys out there who think the world owes them a gorgeous devoted girlfriend or wife because they are so "nice." What does nice mean anyway?
To get a gorgeous one,it does involve a bit of shallowness...

7,796 posts, read 16,403,352 times
The self proclaimed "nice guys" probably don't even notice the "nice girls."

Old 02-01-2013, 08:45 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I agree, "nice guys" feel left out and completely ignored, and its hard to blame them. All men want to have sex, and for guys in their late teens and early twenties its likely the most important thing. But the so called nice guys do indeed want also to be partners and providers but attractive women in their age group completely ignore them.
The OP said he "tried hooking up" with this woman 5 years ago. The complaints on this board by "nice guys" usually involve being turned down for casual sex. There are a couple posters here who seem to genuinely want a relationship with someone, but most of the time it seems like griping that the hot chick went home with someone else. Then they tell themselves (and us) it's because they are so darn nice. Nearly all of the self-proclaimed nice guys I have seen here and met in real life aren't very nice. Some of them are rank a-holes. My favorite was a guy here who started talking about wanting to take a blowtorch to a woman's vagina.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:46 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,379,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
griping that the hot chick went home with someone else
...or the peaches and cream one that went home to Daddy.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:51 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
I truly don't know why it seems that way to you. The reality I live in/observe seems quite different than that which I read here. Though I've never understood people who need to trumpet how "nice" they are. It's one of those words like "classy"--if you use it to describe yourself, you might not be embodying it. Actions speak louder than words.

(For the record, I've never heard anyone refer to themselves as a "bad boy" either, though I might die from laughing it I did, as it would conjur up images of Fonzie from Happy Days or something).
Really good point. Is being nice all they have going for them? And I don't even mean are they good looking and/or have a good job. I mean do they have interests, are they fun to talk to, do they like to do interesting things? Maybe a guy would be okay dating a woman who was a big dull dud as long as she was really hot. But I don't want to date a guy who the ONLY thing he seems to have going for him is being nice.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:06 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,018,788 times
These "nice guy" stereotypes on this forum are rediculous.

Most "nice guys" have such a narrow view of how to attract women, and what women to try and attract, that they do strike out by not properly identifying what women would be a good fit for them, and then chasing those women.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:09 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
I'm still petitioning for the term "nice guy" to be banned on this board.

well you got one signature.

it's a freaking joke, the entire concept & for the millionth time any guy that has to shout from the rooftops "I'm one of the nice guys!" -- isn't.

(majority of them are FAR from it in the first place, but that's another matter).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships