Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 11:07 AM

333 posts, read 310,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I've heard good things about the family as well, including him. Honestly if I was in his situation I'd probably bot marry either.
Maybe a little off topic, but still related to the discussion because the Clooneys sound like very normal people. My point, again, is that everybody has a story. It's sometimes just very hard to meet people, even if you are George Clooney.

Check this out:

==========

George Clooney has a sister? Adelia Zeidler, sibling to one of the sexiest men alive, has stepped into the spotlight to answer candid questions ...

... evolves into a profile of a woman with a very un-Hollywood lifestyle. Adelia — or “ Ada,” as her friends know her — is 52, a year older than George, and living in the Ohio River town of Augusta, Ky., a few blocks from her parents.

She works in payroll, having had jobs at chain stores, raised two children and lost a husband.

The whole womanizing, girlfriend-hopping thing? ... He’s not that kind of guy,” Zeidler says. ...

She doubts he will marry again: “If he was going to get married, he would want to be a husband and be somebody who would be there, who would have the time and the ability to focus on the family ... in the business that he is in, he has to be able to get up and go.” ...

==========

Like I said, everybody has a unique story. Rules of thumb sometimes don't work.

George Clooney's sister gives intimate details in interview | The Columbus Dispatch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 11:09 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garonick View Post
BTW I'm not Jewish. My actual name is Nick and my last name is something close to Garo. I'm IT not JE although I greatly admire and respect the Jewish people but unlike my friend in here, all docs are not Jewish.

Some are gumba too.

Dig it? Capisce?
Haha. Another paesan. I'd have a "goomba" (incorrect spelling btw) doctor to throw my business his way, and because I'd probably get along with him better, but I ain't in the Northeast. I've got a good one right now, and he's a WASP.

As far as doctors and attorneys go, most doctors and attorneys are not Jewish, but most Jewish professionals are doctors and attorneys. And, if you don't believe me, go to Lauderdale on vacation, pick up the hotel phone book which I do in places just to see how the last names shake out, go to the yellow pages under Attorneys, and I guarantee you will say "Oy vey."

I can't believe this thread is still going. This OP is ENTHRALLED with the CONCEPT of dating or snagging a physician. Any professional who has earned his or her stripes, and is attractive, has the right to be selective. If you haven't been on this sub-forum long enough, there's nothing that torques the ladies more than knowing that certain demographics or attributes throw them out of the running.

This chick, the OP, authored a thread about a new husband putting kids from another marriage on his will. Her recurring theme is economics. My last straw with Atlanta debutantes was with a girl whose mother said that "I'd be a good provider" (I ain't no doctor or attorney, not even close) and then she'd throw in jabs like "You'd never make it at IBM" (where her Dad worked) because I'm not the conformist she expected to complete her post-sorority world. Couple that with BAD sex, the kind that resembled playing doctor (no pun intended) and the fact that, charged with counting collections at the parish, she talked about people in the parish's contributions and/or wealth ... and you have someone who needs to be drop-kicked. A woman whose underlying current in her discussions is frequently economics is poison. I know women who are CPAs and they RARELY want to talk about MONEY outside of work, thank God, and instead we talk about family, friends, travel, restaurants, current urban issues, and other things.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:13 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
you need to relax stupid
I was asking a question about my brother because the chick he was dating want him to put her kids on HIS will

I have absolutely no children

stop stalking me stop commenting on my post get a life stop making such LOOOOONNNGGG thread just to prove you are one big ass moron get lost

Old 02-05-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post

As far as doctors and attorneys go, most doctors and attorneys are not Jewish, but most Jewish professionals are doctors and attorneys.
And accountants and Wall Street bankers!

Old 02-05-2013, 11:16 AM

who cares if all doctors lawyers attorney are jewish or what not. why is it such a big huge deal for robertpolyglot LOL

Old 02-05-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenEleven View Post
And accountants and Wall Street bankers!
Yes, I couldn't flesh out the equation, as they are disproportionately represented in the investment community, at least in the Northeast. As for accounting, that's actually the profession where the products of the working class lift themselves up by their bootstraps, requiring only a bachelor's degree, at least before they changed the rules. They transition from the farm or their heavy industry working class communities, heading to a Big 10 school, picking up an accounting degree, and climbing the chain at some firm. Many accountants are corn-fed farm boys and, man, Mormons also love that major, as BYU cranks out a lot of them, so they have the wherewithal to breed earlier.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
who cares if all doctors lawyers attorney are jewish or what not. why is it such a big huge deal for robertpolyglot LOL
Because I've lived in the 4 corners of the U.S. and overseas, so I'm commenting on social phenomenon, something you should also work on. You might go to Barnes and Noble, peruse the Merck manual, learn a few things, and impress your date.

No one is stalking you. I found this thread amusing, and offputting, so I thought I'd weigh in ... as the situation dictates. I'm even quoting other posters, and not you.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:27 AM

I dont need to impress anybody unlike YOU

Old 02-05-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Because I've lived in the 4 corners of the U.S. and overseas, so I'm commenting on social phenomenon, something you should also work on. You might go to Barnes and Noble, peruse the Merck manual, learn a few things, and impress your date.
I dont need to live the life you live. heck no.
impress my date? is it what you are doing? why do anybody need to impress anybody?! obviously, you are doing a great job, women chase after you left and right, obviously, you have such a great life unlike me, why are you on citydata forum every second of everyday if you lead such colorful, cultured, life? LOL

Old 02-05-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:

I can't believe this thread is still going. This OP is ENTHRALLED with the CONCEPT of dating or snagging a physician. Any professional who has earned his or her stripes, and is attractive, has the right to be selective. If you haven't been on this sub-forum long enough, there's nothing that torques the ladies more than knowing that certain demographics or attributes throw them out of the running.
Correct. And the doctor is going to get more selective with each year that passes and becomes more proficient at is profession. He has every right to be careful with mate selection. Like I said in an earlier post, my brother used to tell chicks he'd meet at bars that he was a roofer.

Quote:

This chick, the OP, authored a thread about a new husband putting kids from another marriage on his will. Her recurring theme is economics. My last straw with Atlanta debutantes was with a girl whose mother said that "I'd be a good provider" (I ain't no doctor or attorney, not even close) and then she'd throw in jabs like "You'd never make it at IBM" (where her Dad worked) because I'm not the conformist she expected to complete her post-sorority world.
One of my old girlfriends was like this. Very corporate, and very attuned to climbing the corporate ladder as her dad had some success doing so with Bell Labs. As a fellow non-conformist, there is nothing that rattles people like this more.

In fact, this quote from Danny DeVito in the movie "Get Shorty" describes me to a tee:

========

MARTIN (DeVito)

A few weeks before shooting, I went back to Bensonhurst, just to listen to you guys. See, I'm Italian, but I grew up in Tarzana. So I wanted to pick up your rhythms of speech.

CHILI

We talk different?

MARTIN

It's more like your attitude. Your tone, your speech patterns demonstrate a certain confidence in yourselves, in your opinions, your indifference to conventional views.

Quote:

... and the fact that, charged with counting collections at the parish, she talked about people in the parish's contributions and/or wealth ... and you have someone who needs to be drop-kicked.
I am very money-saavy, but there is nothing more repulsive to me. All should be equal in the eyes of God, regardless of means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships