Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 12:10 PM

333 posts, read 311,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I think telling the opposite sex you are picky is kind of a turn off anyway.
Why? I think it's a huge compliment if they decide to hang out with you for the long term.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 12:15 PM

14,724 posts, read 33,474,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenEleven View Post
I don't agree. My brother is at least an "8" (of course, it's all relative) - 6' 2", athletic, handsome, hilarious, not a playboy, and a very compassionate guy. He looks a lot like Bob Saget, actually (his friends would call him that) and is very George Clooney-esque in demeanor. But we were raised as traditional Catholics and this is a hard match to find. It was almost a miracle that he was able to find someone accomplished and who shares the same values and who comes from the same faith, especially here in Methodist/Lutheran country.
If you are an ethnically attuned Italian-Catholic, or similar ethnicity, you really have no business living anywhere else besides the Northeast population corridor. When I go there, it's as if someone has handed me an oxygen mask. For those Italian immigrants who, in small groups, ended up in Omaha, Des Moines, and even Houston, I don't know they made a go of it.

A doctor's pool can be very limited, if he puts up stipulations, or very broad, no pun intended, if it's only a "trophy" he's after.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:17 PM

39,498 posts, read 27,851,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
If you are an ethnically attuned Italian-Catholic, or similar ethnicity, you really have no business living anywhere else besides the Northeast population corridor. When I go there, it's as if someone has handed me an oxygen mask. For those Italian immigrants who, in small groups, ended up in Omaha, Des Moines, and even Houston, I don't know they made a go of it.

A doctor's pool can be very limited, if he puts up stipulations, or very broad, no pun intended, if it's only a "trophy" he's after.

you are way too judgemental and come across as narrow minded

Old 02-05-2013, 12:18 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,976,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Six years ago, I created a profile on match.com and I had several great dates from guys I found on that site. I found a doctor at that time and he was 36 year old at that time. I didn't contact him at the time because he was a little too old for me at the time.
Well, six years later, I went back to match.com because I recently became available again.
I found this doctor and obviously he is still there on match.com

I contacted him and very quickly got a reply. I told him that I remembered him six years ago and obviously, he did not have much luck on this site, I also asked him some general questions here and there. He told me the reason he did not find anybody on this site is because he was way too picky. He said none of the dates progressed to date three.

Well, he sounds like a gentleman, but I am afraid he has some underlying issues he did not disclose. How can you be on a dating site and all the women you've seen cannot even pass the third dates. Am I wasting my time for even continuously talking to him? Your thoughts thanks

But YOU are single. Why are YOU single ?
I don't understand how people rationalize this. "I am single, and it's ok."
But when someone else is single, there must he something wrong with them!

But, a doctor on a dating website? For SIX years? Maybe he is picky, but he probably CAN be.
In six years time, he can't get past 3 dates? Something IS going on there.
Maybe he was in a bunch of relationships, but doesnt like disclosing that info. It is always a lil weird to me to discuss my dating hahits to a potential s/o. I feel like they are comparing the habits, and OVERANALYZING them.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:20 PM

5,077 posts, read 3,370,491 times
Hi
to the one who asked the question , I have not read all 14 pages of this thread ,

but one thing comes to mind doctors are sort of married to their profession the patients come first the hours are long ,
if you get together did you think about this aspect of being with a dr ? and mind you if you meet ask him about this !

Old 02-05-2013, 12:21 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,926,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I don't think there's anything wrong with not wanting to date a man who is paying child support if that's what you mean. It isn't that I want him to spend that money to take me shoe shopping, but child support is a LONG TERM obligation and if I got serious with a guy like that or married him, it becomes my obligation too. No thanks.

I've had guys tell me before they were picky and it never ended well. I think telling the opposite sex you are picky is kind of a turn off anyway.
Yes that's exactly what I mean. I have dated men who were paying child support and it becomes a serious drain and if I married him they would take what I make in consideration too. Many people think when I mention this that I am being selfish and just want him to spend on me but that's not it at all. I just want him to have money to spend on me (as I would on him)instead of this idea that he can't afford anything because of the kids and the ex. Even if the kids are grown he might still be supporting them.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:21 PM

333 posts, read 311,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post

We are on the same page, bro. The difference in how the communication flows with someone from an ethnic background is like night and day. When I was an undergrad at Ohio State, I would naturally gravitate to people from the Cleveland area because this is really where that northeastern ethnic cultural fabric kind of begins.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, the man has to be able to hold on to a decent job and be able to provide for his future family. There is nothing wrong with it. He certainly does not need a doctor's income though.
I'm a big believer in both people supporting the family but I definitely wouldn't date a man who couldn't support himself.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Very important issue. I'll be the first to admit, I don't want to support someone else's seed and I won't.

Aside from that, what's more important to me is education, intellect and values. I don't care if someone has a Masters in Social Work but makes $30,000 a year. Hopefully, that means she is a bright woman who also has compassion for others.
Same here. To me morals are probably the most important and why I am still single to some extent. I'm not as picky about education but I can't stand people who are of low intellect, especially if they choose to be like that.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:26 PM

14,724 posts, read 33,474,191 times
Quote:
We are on the same page, bro. The difference in how the communication flows with someone from an ethnic background is like night and day. When I was an undergrad at Ohio State, I would naturally gravitate to people from the Cleveland area because this is really where that northeastern ethnic cultural fabric kind of begins.
Ethnic Clevelanders are crusty. I like that.

I went to grad school with an Italian guy from the Cleveland suburbs. Their Italian grandmother, who lived with them, was pretty crass. He had a younger brother in the military. His brother came to campus once and, to show off how butch he was, he shook your hand as if it was a wrestling match.

He was going home for Thanksgiving. I asked him if it was going to be just family. He said "Yeah. My brother's not going to be there. He's going to stay on base, to be with his girlfriend. My grandmother said 'I guess he likes pu**y more than turkey'." This guy was a blast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships