Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 12:42 PM

333 posts, read 310,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
He was going home for Thanksgiving. I asked him if it was going to be just family. He said "Yeah. My brother's not going to be there. He's going to stay on base, to be with his girlfriend. My grandmother said 'I guess he likes pu**y more than turkey'." This guy was a blast.
There is nothing funnier than when you hear someone cuss or use slurs with some kind of a foreign accent. I roll on the floor whenever I hear one of these characters. They remind me of the Jerry Stiller character on Seinfeld.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Same here. To me morals are probably the most important and why I am still single to some extent. I'm not as picky about education but I can't stand people who are of low intellect, especially if they choose to be like that.
I waver on the issue myself, but at the end of the day it still boils down to numbers. If you have an advanced degree, there is a greater chance that someone with an advanced degree will be at your level intellectually. That's not to say that someone with a 2-year degree won't be, but the odds work against you. It's kind of like a national brand versus store brand thing. The national brand is usually better, but every now and then the store brand is the one I prefer, Kroger-branded granola cereal being a great example something being awesome and cheap.

I have a cousin who is an immigrant (by way of Brazil) and never went beyond vocational school here and who was a data entry and keypunch clerk. I would put her level of smarts against just about anybody else I know. That said, her 3 siblings in Brazil are a sister who is a lawyer, and two brothers, one a teacher the other an engineer, so I think the "degree" also has some merit here too.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:23 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Trust me OP, there are many whackballs out there. It's possible he got tired of them and decided to come down off the website and come back on OR they are all whackballs and he didn't find someone of quality. Did you ask him if he's been on there the full six years or just popped back on??

Old 02-05-2013, 01:45 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
you are way too judgemental and come across as narrow minded
Quite the opposite, babe, I've been around the block ... and the world. I OBSERVE. In psychology, there was a term "schema" - I think it means a personality/situation combo, or something along those lines. After you've seen enough of them, you see patterns. It works for me.

Where are you? Where have you been? You need to get out more.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:48 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,331 times
Quote:
Quite the opposite, babe, I've been around the block ... and the world. I OBSERVE. In psychology, there was a term "schema" - I think it means a personality/situation combo, or something along those lines. After you've seen enough of them, you see patterns. It works for me.

I bet you have

Old 02-05-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:

Especially coming from an ethnic background like Robert and I, you tend to be even more attuned to noticing differences, behavioral patterns and quirks because by definition everybody is going to be different from those in your inner circle. For instance, Robert in another thread pointed out that there is nothing necessarily "weird" about someone waiting to have sex until marriage, nor does that make you a Bible thumper as the practice is still very common among devout Catholics. Being able to understand and see these patterns is one of the benetifts of coming from a different background.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:16 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:

ALlmighty king Robertolyglot

I am just a confused little woman who is dating online. My life is about commenting on citydata forum. Of course you are way better than me.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:33 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
ALlmighty king Robertolyglot
You rang?

Old 02-05-2013, 04:56 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,876,807 times
Doctors are not great picks. My sister was married to one. He died suddenly on NYE. They work long hours, are never home, and sleep with the nurses they meet while at work. She married him for his money....

Old 02-05-2013, 05:03 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrsygrl51 View Post
Doctors are not great picks. My sister was married to one. He died suddenly on NYE. They work long hours, are never home, and sleep with the nurses they meet while at work. She married him for his money....
I heard doctors have very high suicide rate too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships