Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 12:34 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,724,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Agreed

I don't see how this was an aggressive or dangerous situation.

The danger part has already been covered in the thread.

- who knows if he really was a teen
- inability to adhere to proper social protocol and continued to try to get an adult to hang out with them after they got ignored to the point of where the female had to leave. (aggressive)

I can see how innocent people not seeing this as a dangerous situation, but its simply not the case.

Why don't you see it as a dangerous situation? I wouldn't if he dropped it but he just kept pushing and his responses were really creepy. Its not like kids that age don't murder,stalk and rape.

And its unsafe for the kid. What if he said that to some woman with a guy there who had anger issues?
What if the woman herself had anger issues and attacked him with mace instead of just reporting it?
Was he looking for females he could follow to dressing rooms and film over the door?

So many possibilities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 11:01 PM

44 posts, read 74,456 times
It's flattering, maybe I'll throw a joke in, but yeah, I obviously leave the situation immediately

Old 02-13-2013, 06:55 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,748,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Wow, that's crazy! I don't know how I would react if one of my son's friends ever did something like that.
You have to go full Mom and say something like, "Put it away, Junior, before I call your mother." Squash it.

Old 02-13-2013, 07:30 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,151,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
You have to go full Mom and say something like, "Put it away, Junior, before I call your mother." Squash it.
Haha! I'll keep that in mind.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:28 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,330,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
The danger part has already been covered in the thread.

- who knows if he really was a teen
- inability to adhere to proper social protocol and continued to try to get an adult to hang out with them after they got ignored to the point of where the female had to leave. (aggressive)

I can see how innocent people not seeing this as a dangerous situation, but its simply not the case.

Why don't you see it as a dangerous situation? I wouldn't if he dropped it but he just kept pushing and his responses were really creepy. Its not like kids that age don't murder,stalk and rape.

And its unsafe for the kid. What if he said that to some woman with a guy there who had anger issues?
What if the woman herself had anger issues and attacked him with mace instead of just reporting it?
Was he looking for females he could follow to dressing rooms and film over the door?

So many possibilities.
You left out a lot of possibilities.

He could be a serial killer
He could be an Al-Queda terrorist
He could be a sex-freak alien

Let's be somewhat realistic.

There's not a sliver of evidence to support any of your what if scenarios

Old 02-13-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
You left out a lot of possibilities.

He could be a serial killer
He could be an Al-Queda terrorist
He could be a sex-freak alien

Let's be somewhat realistic.

There's not a sliver of evidence to support any of your what if scenarios

Already been said before but there is not evidence to support against it. You are just assuming he is innocent because?(why?)

There is evidence that this child has boundary issues and will engage in high risk impulsive and aggressive sexual toned behavior. People that act like that (adult or child) should not be dismissed as a non-threat but seen as a possible threat and handled as such.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:48 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,330,833 times
Quote:
Already been said before but there is not evidence to support against it. You are just assuming he is innocent because?(why?)
Because the VAST majority of human males are not any of the things that you listed above. That's where the assumption should start.

Bayes' theorem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What is the chance that this kid was any type of actual threat?

Old 02-13-2013, 11:50 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,414,214 times
Quote:

There is evidence that this child has boundary issues and will engage in high risk impulsive and aggressive sexual toned behavior. People that act like that (adult or child) should not be dismissed as a non-threat but seen as a possible threat and handled as such.
And your answer is to locate the nearest square badge and tattle on him?!

Old 02-13-2013, 12:43 PM

102,246 posts, read 108,146,854 times
Quote:
There is evidence that this child has boundary issues and will engage in high risk impulsive and aggressive sexual toned behavior.
Just because filihok can't recognize the signs doesn't mean they aren't there. The kid's behavior was definitely outside the norm, even for horny teenagers.

Old 02-13-2013, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Because the VAST majority of human males are not any of the things that you listed above. That's where the assumption should start.

Bayes' theorem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What is the chance that this kid was any type of actual threat?

I am only looking at this one individual.
It is absolutely naive to think just because MOST don't do something, no one will. An individual who is already doing something most don't do, should be seen as a possible threat.

The chance of a juvie being a threat is not as high statistically as an adult but doesn't mean the threat is zero. Why doesn't everyone get that? Seriously.

I can think of quite a few news stories that involved teen violence. They didn't see it coming either because they assumed they were safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships