Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 07:25 PM

803 posts, read 1,668,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
Huh. In one pair of her pics she's wearing a very fashionable outfit.
And from her profile I get that sense.
Plus she's Belarussian, which gives me more of that sense (if that's true about them)

ASOT wins!

I've noticed Eastern Europeans around Chicago like to blow their money on pricey clothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 07:31 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,100,110 times
Quote:
I've noticed Eastern Europeans around Chicago like to blow their money on pricey clothing.
DRAVOY!
I am pretty woman. Buy scarf! Buy me jewelry!

Somehow it fits with the accent, doesn't it?

lulz

Old 02-05-2013, 07:47 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,712,828 times
Quote:
Dating site,
Sent her an interest
and an email
Emails me back
I don't respond for 9 days (busy)
She goes "well thx for responding do oosh"
I tell her I'm busy I live out of two places
She gives me a weird, snide like 5-word response back using a few things I said
I said "I dunno how to respond to that
How about you tell me about yourself?"
She says she lost interest
I say "OK, plenty of guys have less going on, we all make our trade-offs"
She sends me her number

I texted her last Thursday evening a bit, got distracted over the weekend

Texted her again Today (tuesday), She responds
"See here's the thing. I'm a super important person. U don't see that u lose. Not interested take care"

Stuck up? Self-absorbed? Self-important?
I think so, you decide

I WOULD care more and make more of an effort, but I'M BUSY, remember how you want successful men, or men who do a lot, etc. etc.? Yeah, that makes men busy. On top of the fact that most women actually get turned off if you come on too strong.

And more basically, I don't know if she's that special. That's the bare truth of it. So she doesn't automaticaly get higher priority.
I honestly think you're both at fault. You took forever to respond which with a text isn't that difficult. I understand everyone is busy but damn nine days!? The fact that she said she was "super important" just says to me she is needy. Online dating sucks anyway. I have had girls who text me one word answers or expect me to do all the work, its a two way street!

Old 02-05-2013, 07:48 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,565,415 times
Quote:
Dating site,
Sent her an interest
and an email
Emails me back
She sends me her number

I texted her last Thursday evening a bit, got distracted over the weekend

Texted her again Today (tuesday), She responds
"See here's the thing. I'm a super important person. U don't see that u lose. Not interested take care"

Stuck up? Self-absorbed? Self-important?
I think so, you decide

I WOULD care more and make more of an effort, but I'M BUSY, remember how you want successful men, or men who do a lot, etc. etc.? Yeah, that makes men busy. On top of the fact that most women actually get turned off if you come on too strong.

And more basically, I don't know if she's that special. That's the bare truth of it. So she doesn't automaticaly get higher priority.
Understandable you have a busy life, 9 days to respond though. Doesn't show much interest in the other person and to be frank, doesn't show an interest in dating. She may even think you're married with a family. It happens.

She sounds immature. The question... why you're wasting time on someone you don't like.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:52 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,013,577 times
Quote:
Dating site,
Sent her an interest
and an email
Emails me back
She sends me her number
dude! dont worry about this chick, move one. any chick who gives you that kind of attitude is not worth dealing with. but i want to tell you something else...

your story telling style rocks! you have to learn to integrate your verbal style into your game, from approach to keeping a babe's attention (chicks fricken dig cool n funny story tellers) then move to physical contact so they won't go too cold when you follow up later. then you will not have this kind of problem. work on constantly improving your attraction magnetism! your still playing the game like she is the magnet. you could be what PUA's call a natural. good luck and valle con dios!

Old 02-06-2013, 12:26 AM

147 posts, read 284,961 times
I had to re-read your original post a few times as I had to confirm 100% it was actually you who took 9 days to respond to a text...? (BTW which you actually instigated in the first place). Then you say you texted her on a Thursday and didn't get back to her until the following Tuesday...? From the get go you have come across to her that you're not interested, are a rather arrogant guy and quite wishy-washy/dismissive.

On the other hand, she sounds like a princess saying "I'm a super important person" but maybe she said this as she felt you were initially quite rude to her and didn't show her much respect. She's gone on the defensive probably due to you treating her in a very flippant manner. She was probably just trying to regain control and protect herself.

Maybe you should give her the benefit of the doubt and agree to meet her, be punctual, respectful and see how she is in person? Ask her out, respond quickly and show a semblance of being interested (if you actually are?). Maybe if you gave her the impression she wasn't just an annoying a blimp on your busy, hectic calendar, she may show a softer side to her personality?

She also may be a total wagon, and up herself in real life. but I don't see the harm in you going back and starting afresh. If it's a crap meet up/date, move on.

Last edited by Olliesyd; 02-06-2013 at 01:45 AM..

Old 02-06-2013, 01:00 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,775,950 times
Well if someone told me they were too busy I would just think they're not that interested. And I am super important so I would just move on. But don't come on too strong.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:05 AM

296 posts, read 571,781 times
It's sad, but for some reason how busy we are seems to amount to some sort of social currency. Like the busier we are, the more important we are. I notice many people bragging about their busy schedules on dating sites, which is ironic in that I would imagine it were the last thing to boast about when attempting to pursue a relationship. Social capital, go figure.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:14 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,270,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I think you need to get your nose out of your butt.
^^^***

Personally wouldn't bother with a guy who took 9days to respond I mean that's just ridiculous are you saying you didn't have a free 10minutes in 9days? I find that hard to believe.

Then you get her number and are "busy" over the weekend and don't respond again? She did the right thing by telling you we're to go.......if a guy can't spare a few minutes to send a text he's not worth my time

Old 02-06-2013, 06:02 AM

11,798 posts, read 12,038,339 times
I'm going to go with an amalgamation of previous posts.

Quote:
She may be stuck up IRL, maybe not. We have no way of knowing.

Her reaction was angry, but your (in)actions put her there.

If you're SO busy you can't reply within a day or two, perhaps online dating is not for you.
Quote:
Sooo busy that you have enough time to post on C-D though.

If you were truly interested in the chick, you would have written her in a more timely manner. Why she responded to you is beyond me and even more baffling is giving you her number, which tells me she's desperate, not stuck up.
Quote:
Understandable you have a busy life, 9 days to respond though. Doesn't show much interest in the other person and to be frank, doesn't show an interest in dating.
Quote:
I had to re-read your original post a few times as I had to confirm 100% it was actually you who took 9 days to respond to a text...? (BTW which you actually instigated in the first place). Then you say you texted her on a Thursday and didn't get back to her until the following Tuesday...? From the get go you have come across to her that you're not interested, are a rather arrogant guy and quite wishy-washy/dismissive.

On the other hand, she sounds like a princess saying "I'm a super important person" but maybe she said this as she felt you were initially quite rude to her and didn't show her much respect. She's gone on the defensive probably due to you treating her in a very flippant manner. She was probably just trying to regain control and protect herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships