Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 06:34 AM

365 posts, read 490,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
On top of the fact that most women actually get turned off if you come on too strong.
Thank you; Jesus. That's how I feel almost 90% of the time with every girl that I've every been with or even see in general. If you come off too strong it leads to them thinking you're clingy/needy Want more attention then they can offer. The list goes on.
Anyway, She's pretty stuck up i'd have to say. If she thinks that she is that important I hope that for her sake, She is a model. Or has a Huge inheritance coming her way. Or else she's really not that important after all. The way that she worded it, It sounds like she's stuck up, needs attention and would be a real piece of work. She's been called princess too many times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 06:40 AM

218 posts, read 483,711 times
Stuck up or not stuck up. You're the stuck up one or you're not the stuck up one. Who cares which one of your is the bigger snob?

I've always thought that if a guy wants to see me (or talk to me) he will make it happen. I'm not saying I don't put in any effort, because I do. But, you are too busy to send a simple "hey I'm running errands and will be busy this afternoon, how about I call you tonight?" then you are too busy to date. Why get a girl's hopes up that you are interested in them (by initiating contact) and then ignoring her for days. I would take that as you not being intereted or a game player. Neither of which are attractive. I think that this relationship started off rocky and can't get much better, so learn from it and move on!

Good luck!

Old 02-06-2013, 06:48 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Most women won't deal with that crap. Even as a guy I wouldn't deal with it. Her reaction was immature, but you're not going to get too far with decent women if you do that.
What he said. Taking several days to respond means you're not interested or too busy to date. It sounds like you want a FB, not a girlfriend.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:02 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,215,148 times
I think you both are stupid. You must have horrible luck with women. You have to strike while the IRON is HOT and pursue aggressively if you are interested. You can't just sit back and casually wait 9 days and then re-initiate contact.

Sounds like you work to much to even want a relationship, so just focus on getting friends with benefits. It will be better for the both of you.

I suggest putting some boundaries in your life and managing your time better.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:05 AM

633 posts, read 724,344 times
Quote:
mmm... not really
Just a mix of sort of lazy with certain things, and CRAZY busy, like CRAZY
TWO places an HOUR from each other, I live out of over the week.
When I'm on my full schedule of my hobbies (gym, mostly) I'm busy MORNING TO NIGHT (got errands to do too)
Oh please you are stuck up too! If you want a relationship, make time for it!!! Hobby my arse! My husband before we got married/dating also has his hobbies take most of his free time but since he wants a relationship, his hobbies take a back seat for ME! Because I dunno I guess loving and being loved by his woman feels MUCH better than what his hobbies make him feel?!

If you are looking to date but not make it your priority then I suggest you keep having relationship with your hobbies... how's that working for you?

Old 02-06-2013, 07:52 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,286,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I wouldn't bother with a girl who took 9 days to respond. I also wouldn't bother with a girl starting confrontation like that. Both parties no good here.

You sound just as self absorbed though.
This is how I feel. I honestly do believe everyone is busy, but in all reality, if you aren't out of the country you can respond to a message within 24-48 hours. Waiting nine days is carelessness on your part. She shouldn't get upset, but how you returned her message is already setting the tone, to her, of how communication will be between you two. Maybe she built you up in her head as someone who is a nice guy, and than you kinda shat on it. With online dating, women get just as many messages from guys they don't care about. When they message someone they spark an interest in, they can get a bit emotional when the person doesn't respond in a timely manner.

If I didn't hear from you for 9 days, I would imagine you tried other avenues and then came back to me as a default. That's how I would feel as a guy. It stinks too, but I'm not a pull tab kind of person.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:57 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,286,580 times
It's also the smart phone age. When I was online, any messages I received would "push" through my gmail account and I would get a notification on my phone. Fact of the matter is, when someone says they are busy they are kinda lying. Just about everyone has a smart phone to accomodate their busy schedule. We can't catch you by the phone or a computer, but we can catch you on your phone. You may be really busy, but like someone else said, being that busy just doesn't accomodate to anything more than being friends with someone or a FWB.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:12 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
I tapped her on the shoulder and said, "Do you have a beau?"
She looked at me and smiled and said she did not know
Stuck-up girl give me a chance
Stuck-up girl let's go slam dance
We'll dress like Minnie Pearl
Just you and me, stuck-up girl

I'm told the Dead Milkmen changed the lyrics at the last minute.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:17 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,964,378 times
He sent her an email
One dark, lonely night.
Eight days later
He's nowhere in sight.

She sent him a message
Asking what the f***?
Things got heated
So now she sucks.

The question is posted
In an online forum.
But what is said there
Lacks any decorum.

On and on it goes,
This futile discussion.
I think I'll bang my head
And get a concussion.

--Dim

Old 02-06-2013, 08:36 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,608,108 times
Quote:
Dating site,
Sent her an interest
and an email
Emails me back
I don't respond for 9 days (busy)
She goes "well thx for responding do oosh"
I tell her I'm busy I live out of two places
She gives me a weird, snide like 5-word response back using a few things I said
I said "I dunno how to respond to that
How about you tell me about yourself?"
She says she lost interest
I say "OK, plenty of guys have less going on, we all make our trade-offs"
She sends me her number

I texted her last Thursday evening a bit, got distracted over the weekend

Texted her again Today (tuesday), She responds
"See here's the thing. I'm a super important person. U don't see that u lose. Not interested take care"

Stuck up? Self-absorbed? Self-important?
I think so, you decide

I WOULD care more and make more of an effort, but I'M BUSY, remember how you want successful men, or men who do a lot, etc. etc.? Yeah, that makes men busy. On top of the fact that most women actually get turned off if you come on too strong.

And more basically, I don't know if she's that special. That's the bare truth of it. So she doesn't automaticaly get higher priority.
Every above average looking girl today thinks she is super important and special. May have something to do with 5 or 6 guys chasing her during her early 20s. I think her over inflated ego will come down to earth, once she hits 35 and is raising a couple of bastard kids by herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships