Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 08:39 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,966,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
Dating site,
Sent her an interest
and an email
Emails me back
I don't respond for 9 days (busy)
She goes "well thx for responding do oosh"
I tell her I'm busy I live out of two places
She gives me a weird, snide like 5-word response back using a few things I said
I said "I dunno how to respond to that
How about you tell me about yourself?"
She says she lost interest
I say "OK, plenty of guys have less going on, we all make our trade-offs"
She sends me her number

I texted her last Thursday evening a bit, got distracted over the weekend

Texted her again Today (tuesday), She responds
"See here's the thing. I'm a super important person. U don't see that u lose. Not interested take care"

Stuck up? Self-absorbed? Self-important?
I think so, you decide

I WOULD care more and make more of an effort, but I'M BUSY, remember how you want successful men, or men who do a lot, etc. etc.? Yeah, that makes men busy. On top of the fact that most women actually get turned off if you come on too strong.

And more basically, I don't know if she's that special. That's the bare truth of it. So she doesn't automaticaly get higher priority.
Everybody thinks they are Super Special, especially when online dating.
She expected your undivided attention, and when she didnt receive it, she got bored and moved on. Honestly, sounds like she did you a favor, as you probably would have been unhappy with her. That was a case where you two just didn't line up personality wise. Not everyone that crosses paths that are attracted physically to each other will click personality wise. You two didnt click. Probly never would have. (She would have been more patient if you two were on the same level, or you would have MADE the time to persue her in a manner more to her liking)

Stuck up? Hard to say. Definitely has a big ego though. And she definitely requires a lot of attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 11:57 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,750,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I wouldn't bother with a girl who took 9 days to respond. I also wouldn't bother with a girl starting confrontation like that. Both parties no good here.

You sound just as self absorbed though.

exactly. that's what I was thinking, he made an effort to contact the woman, got one back and then waited damn near 2 weeks on a dating site to respond back.

Obviously he's obsessed with women wanting a successful man (God forbid!) and is using that as a ploy to play games. Pass.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:18 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,072,041 times
I think that whole interaction sounds weird. People do what they can. She sounds closed off.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:18 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,671,225 times
Sounds to me she was irritated that it took you so long to respond to her (let's face it, nobody is so busy that they can't take 15 seconds to send a text message or email) and responded slightly sarcastically about being 'important'. Personally, if a guy takes more than 48 hours to respond back to me and he isn't out of the country or on some sort of vacation I assume he isn't interested and move on. I mean, how is this going to play out if we DO actually get into a relationship? Is he going to ignore me for days on end because going to the gym is more important?

A friend of mine lives here in Boston and commutes to NYC Sun-Thurs for work (he's a lawyer) and even after working 12 hours days, going to the gym and meeting up with his NYC buddies he STILL manages to carve 15 seconds out of his day to say hello. If he can do it, anyone can.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:26 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,783,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
Dating site,
Sent her an interest
and an email
Emails me back
I don't respond for 9 days (busy)
She goes "well thx for responding do oosh"
I tell her I'm busy I live out of two places
She gives me a weird, snide like 5-word response back using a few things I said
I said "I dunno how to respond to that
How about you tell me about yourself?"
She says she lost interest
I say "OK, plenty of guys have less going on, we all make our trade-offs"
She sends me her number

I texted her last Thursday evening a bit, got distracted over the weekend

Texted her again Today (tuesday), She responds
"See here's the thing. I'm a super important person. U don't see that u lose. Not interested take care"

Stuck up? Self-absorbed? Self-important?
I think so, you decide

I WOULD care more and make more of an effort, but I'M BUSY, remember how you want successful men, or men who do a lot, etc. etc.? Yeah, that makes men busy. On top of the fact that most women actually get turned off if you come on too strong.

And more basically, I don't know if she's that special. That's the bare truth of it. So she doesn't automaticaly get higher priority.

Sorry dude, but your a bit of an idiot. If this is how you treat a girl/woman when you are pursuing her, just imagine how she sees you treating her while your dating/married/retiring together.

Sounds like you've got something way more important to do than to pursue this girl, so get on with it.

Back when I was single, If I got a number from a girl, I'd call it once and leave a message (if she didn't answer). If she didn't call me back, I'd delete the number and move on.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:30 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,294,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Sounds to me she was irritated that it took you so long to respond to her (let's face it, nobody is so busy that they can't take 15 seconds to send a text message or email) and responded slightly sarcastically about being 'important'. Personally, if a guy takes more than 48 hours to respond back to me and he isn't out of the country or on some sort of vacation I assume he isn't interested and move on. I mean, how is this going to play out if we DO actually get into a relationship? Is he going to ignore me for days on end because going to the gym is more important?

A friend of mine lives here in Boston and commutes to NYC Sun-Thurs for work (he's a lawyer) and even after working 12 hours days, going to the gym and meeting up with his NYC buddies he STILL manages to carve 15 seconds out of his day to say hello. If he can do it, anyone can.
I think everyone thinks we are stupid. Honesty is always the best policy. Just convey your honesty in a positive tone and no one will get mad. There's no reason to get mad when you speak from the heart.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:44 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,161,950 times
Next time Op' don't wait nine days to get back to somebody. You're not that important even if you think that you are. I'm surprised she even responded after that long. I don't know about stuck up, but she might have low self-esteem. If I were back in the dating game and a girl took nine days to get back to me. She would be waiting a long time for a response.

And like many have mentioned, nobody is "too" busy to make a quick call, text, whatever these days. So many self important people out here. My uncle is a CEO of a big company and he get's back to me pronto whenever I send him an email. I have a bachelors in Business. He has a masters. Sometimes I need his advice, although I am no longer in business. He helps me with my taxes. But this guy works 80 hour work weeks and is constantly traveling, since the company he works for just got sold to a Japanese company. But he never ignores me. Even once years back, he found me a great headhunter. Nobody, and I repeat nobody is too busy to take five minutes out of any day to send a quick reply. Did you think it would just be "bitter" women who would think like this. I don't even know you, but your post reeks of arrogance and denial. You are in denial of how important you think that you are. Good luck dating with that attitude.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 02-06-2013 at 01:52 PM..

Old 02-06-2013, 02:25 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,404,004 times
Quote:

why wouldnt they just move to NYC ?

Old 02-06-2013, 02:27 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,671,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
why wouldnt they just move to NYC ?
Too expensive. Plus, his job pays for his commute and hotel room and he really likes it here in Boston.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:28 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,723,661 times
Quote:

Is he Bob the Builder?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships