Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2013, 09:44 PM

333 posts, read 310,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston1963 View Post
Bolded=emphasis mine.

Remember those 30 pages of people telling you about being judgemental and negative? This is what they were talking about. If you think it's "stupid" for a woman to have to bring something to the table you are in for a rude awakening.

You will not have a successful relationship with the type of man you are looking for with the type of attitude you display here. But of course, you have this sh*t all figured out right? That's why you are 42, single, and have admitted to lying about your age in the hopes of getting the type of men you despise.

Yup, you are the very epitome of success in dating.

Give my regards to taco man.
Lying about anything is a deal killer, especially for someone online. It may not be fair, but that's the way things are. You might be able to get away with a white lie in person, but people are already going to be skeptical of someone online and probably are not willing to cut someone much slack.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:47 PM

333 posts, read 310,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
idontdateyou, I think you might want to consider long distance relationship. When I was 24, I found the love of my life from another State. I think once we got to know each other over the phone, he decided to relocate for me. This nice gesture sealed the deal for me, made me trust him even more.

Don't just limit yourself to the men 50 miles from you, there are a lot of people who don't mind traveling to your area. Good luck to you! You sound like a great catch for one of my brothers.

My brother Leon is 6'1" 185lb Phd works for a University. Mid six figure income, But he is divorced with no children. (His wife cheated on him and he filed for divorce) We are from a strong Catholic background, we are from Southern California Orange county area. Oh, He is 42 - your age. I wish you are closer, he will like you a lot. Don't lose hopes that you can find somebody appreciate you for you. I am sure he is out there.
People often overlook divorce when someone is bringing other positive attributes to the table.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:52 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenEleven View Post
Lying about anything is a deal killer, especially for someone online. It may not be fair, but that's the way things are. You might be able to get away with a white lie in person, but people are already going to be skeptical of someone online and probably are not willing to cut someone much slack.
I changed my profile to my real age but part of the reason I did this was to see if there was a difference in who responded. There really was, including men who were my age but when they thought I was younger they responded more readily. All of the men I met from online knew my real age off the bat incidentally.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:54 PM

Quote:
idontdateyou, I think you might want to consider long distance relationship. When I was 24, I found the love of my life from another State. I think once we got to know each other over the phone, he decided to relocate for me. This nice gesture sealed the deal for me, made me trust him even more.

Don't just limit yourself to the men 50 miles from you, there are a lot of people who don't mind traveling to your area. Good luck to you! You sound like a great catch for one of my brothers.

My brother Leon is 6'1" 185lb Phd works for a University. Mid six figure income, But he is divorced with no children. (His wife cheated on him and he filed for divorce) We are from a strong Catholic background, we are from Southern California Orange county area. Oh, He is 42 - your age. I wish you are closer, he will like you a lot. Don't lose hopes that you can find somebody appreciate you for you. I am sure he is out there.
Did it once, never again. I need someone I see every week. Your brother does sound like a good guy but as of now I definitely don't do the LDR thing.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:55 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I have relatives who married people with kids and I saw the severe drama they entailed with it around holidays. Not to mention they often had to go without presents themselves while they made sure the step kids had some. I was astounded when I read about all the new spouses paying child support or alimony to the ex or the kids but in some states they want to make this even easier to do. Someone asked me how a new spouse could have to directly pay and how this often happens is the parent paying support/alimony loses their job and the new spouse makes money. The judge then forces the new spouse to pay when their pay comes into play. This is also the case when a couple marries and the new spouses makes more than the other person. My sister in law's friend is an accountant and married a man with a couple exes. The one ex is always suing for more money because she makes more than him by a long shot. The ex went after them for more child support and alimony and won so now the new spouse is in effect supporting the ex. In some states where there is lifetime alimony this happens as well where the new spouse ends up supporting the ex. Can you imagine being a career person who spent time getting a good job only have to give some of it to someone who didn't help them achieve it? that to me is beyond horrible.
In some states, step parents' income are used to determine the proper child support. Can you imagine that?
Sorry, I am not interested in supporting other people's lazy ex wives. Not for me, you have to be a true doormat to do that.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 02-10-2013 at 10:05 PM..

Old 02-10-2013, 09:57 PM

868 posts, read 1,122,117 times
Have you thought about trying that ChristianMingle.com site?

Old 02-10-2013, 09:59 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
Have you thought about trying that ChristianMingle.com site?
Did you?

Old 02-10-2013, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I changed my profile to my real age but part of the reason I did this was to see if there was a difference in who responded. There really was, including men who were my age but when they thought I was younger they responded more readily. All of the men I met from online knew my real age off the bat incidentally.
Kind of defeats the purpose though. If you lie about your age, you're off to a bad start. Besides, if you are as young looking as you say you are, would you really want to even consider dating a man who contacted you solely for your physical appearance?

Just be honest about your age. Have you thought about dating a younger man, maybe someone in their early-mid 30's?

Old 02-10-2013, 10:02 PM

Quote:
In some state, step parents' income are used to determined the proper child support. Can you imagine that?
Sorry, I am not interested in supporting other people's lazy ex wives. Not for me, you have to be a true doormat to do that.
I know, it is very scary and people don't get it. Can you imagine a career women marrying a man paying all this money then she has to pay too? I was watching this video on YouTube about lifetime alimony in Florida and this one woman was saying she pays her husband's ex wife who is too lazy to get a job and gets lifetime alimony.

Here's a scenario I made up but this could happen with this situation:

Me: I need to buy a new car for work (btw my car works fine)
Him: sorry but Jennifer needs braces and my ex Louise is asking for more alimony. All you can afford is a 10 year old car.
Me: but I make $100,000 a year and it's my money.
Him: you knew when you married me you would be helping support my ex wife and my three kids. We can't afford that nice vacation this year but maybe we'll go away for a weekend to visit my relatives.

Yes this could happen and does.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Did you?
Hell to the no. I'm agnostic

I haven't been to church since sometime in the 90's. The older ones look nice though (churches).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.