Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2013, 08:12 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenEleven View Post
I don't like lying myself, especially if there is too much being misrepresented. I would question everything.

That said, I've seen women dial down their ages and in the first paragraph of their profile they are upfront with that and said they only dialed down their age so they wouldn't get left out of searches. I'm okay with that.
I can only say that you are very open minded and forgiving person. I have this happened to me once, the gentleman kept on saying that he dialed down couple of years because most women he felt attracted to only went for younger guys. To me, maybe it is not honesty issue, it is confidence issue.

If a man is not comfortable with his own age, how can you feel about his lady when she ages. Also, apparantly, he wanted to go for younger woman, that is exactly why he dialed down his own age.

He said he looked much younger for his age. HOnestly speaking, I can tell he is a man in his 40s by looking at his photos. When I did a search, I search for man same age up to 12 years older than me. That is my preference and criteria. Even the older man looks much younger, if he is 20 years older than me, I simply won't go for that much of older man. I am not a gold digger I am not looking for a sugar daddy or a daddy. I have my daddy already and I love him very much. No need to find a daddy for myself. So I don't get all these lying about age thing.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:17 PM

333 posts, read 310,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I can only say that you are very open minded and forgiving person. I have this happened to me once, the gentleman kept on saying that he dialed down couple of years because most women he felt attracted to only went for younger guys. To me, maybe it is not honesty issue, it is confidence issue.
I'm not that open-minded. What I said was as long as their real age is listed somewhere in their profile, I'm okay if they play around with the age the computer uses to spit out matches. But they have to be honest about their real age if they are looking to be relationship material.

If they just want to have sex, who cares?

Old 02-06-2013, 08:34 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times
Do you have any other activities you like? I can't imagine the ones you highlighted will go over well with the type of man you're seeking.

Playing video games and reading makes you sound like a lonely 16 year old nerd - no offense. Those shouldn't be your selling points (at least not the video games) if you're looking to attract grown, professional men. With all of your other barriers, it's just another strike against you, IMO.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:41 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I was always looking for someone who had been married and had kids and had that thought of I wonder why they have never been married by this age.....

The man I met and have settled down with has never been married nor has he had children.... and he is normal, lol.
I consider myself normal too, but its hard to act normal when you bring a first date home to do the dirty, and she is going through your mail, because she is curious of why you are a bachelor with no kids. Its odd to break it down on a logical level, and come up with a conclusion that being a divorced proud father of 3 kids with three seperate baby mammas, whom you have abandoned, makes you a better dating material than a single guy with no kids.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:48 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelinajolie View Post
That's what I'm gonna say too. I too am never married/childless when I was active online and while I prefer the same. I don't mind divorced guys. In fact I married a divorced guy with a son. He does not have relationship with his son though.

Actually just watched a millionaire matchmaker epi and the matchmaker said divorced guys actually are keepers since it shows they are not afraid of commitment and they know how to live a marriage life, buying houses, raising kids, etc.
Again, where is the logic in this? I do get that women dont mind divorced guys because they know that they are not affraid of commitment. However, doesnt the fact that they are divorced, mean that they have also proven to fail at marriage? Womans world lacks any common sense and logic, but thats not exactly news.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:10 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I consider myself normal too, but its hard to act normal when you bring a first date home to do the dirty, and she is going through your mail, because she is curious of why you are a bachelor with no kids. Its odd to break it down on a logical level, and come up with a conclusion that being a divorced proud father of 3 kids with three seperate baby mammas, whom you have abandoned, makes you a better dating material than a single guy with no kids.
Well not all men who have been divorced fit that description. I think it is more of a feeling of the fact that they have already learned life lessons, the same ones you have learned and are at the same place as you.

I think people do wonder why a person of that age has never been married or had children. Then one gets to wondering why. Whats wrong with them that they have never married.

The minute I met my SO I knew there was no real reason and that he wasn't abnormal because he hadn't.

On another note, I am not sure I would bring a first date into my place to do the dirty. If you have no idea who this person is, you have no idea what she will do in your house, especially if she was going through your mail!!! =/

Old 02-08-2013, 09:12 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times
Quote:
Again, where is the logic in this? I do get that women dont mind divorced guys because they know that they are not affraid of commitment. However, doesnt the fact that they are divorced, mean that they have also proven to fail at marriage? Womans world lacks any common sense and logic, but thats not exactly news.
I have seen another poster say this within the last day or so, I think in this thread.

In my opinion, that isn't what it means.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:21 AM

333 posts, read 310,436 times
Quote:
It's pop culture. Someone gets one of these stupid ideas and people keep repeating them among each other and they accept it as some kind of deep cultural wisdom ... that's why you now have these idiocies being passed around like that one, and anybody who lives with his parents is a loser, you can't go to a movie on a date because "you can't get to know each other", you can't date a guy who's cheap, he has to have cool "electronic devices", sex doesn't matter, etc.

When I was younger, I thought I was stupid really about this stuff and didn't know what I was doing. Turns out, it seems like nobody knows what they're doing. In hindsight, I was smarter than any of these lemmings out there who believed in this stuff. I took someone out, didn't take things too seriously, made them laugh and we had a good time.

Why doesn't that one get passed around as cultural wisdom?

Old 02-08-2013, 11:32 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
This is not reality at all. Women say "Don't let your single father status stop you from pursuing your true love" all the time. We say that because it is politically correct to say and many of us don't come across sounding like a judgmental biotch.

However, many women will NEVER admit if a man who had children with even two different women, and says "I am a proud father of four and my kids come first" we RUN RUN RUN fast. But we will never hesitate of telling him, "You are exactly right, puruse your true love. Don't let anybody tell you that you are not dating material." (well, translation: find a sucker to date you, just not me)

SOME single men who are in his 40s never been married and have no kids are amongst the most desirable dating materials at least FOR ME. Based on my own experiences, these men spent their early days pursing higher education, and many of them had long term relationship ended up in breakups. Take me as example, I am 30 years old this year, and I could have been married when I was 24, but the love of my life ended up dead (brain tumor) I met several gentlemen dealt with very similar situations.

Single chileless man who is a nice person is way more desirable than a single father who is also a nice person. Any women who deny this are lying (sorry for the generalization, but it is truth and I am sticking to it)

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 02-08-2013 at 11:50 AM..

Old 02-08-2013, 11:58 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,358 times
Quote:
I consider myself normal too, but its hard to act normal when you bring a first date home to do the dirty, and she is going through your mail, because she is curious of why you are a bachelor with no kids.
So asking why you've never been married and don't have kids isn't enough these days? I would be a little disturbed if I brought someone home and he started going through my mail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.