Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 12:22 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,009,105 times

Advertisements

I've only ever dated American women.

But I'm more attracted to a white complexion than someone who's tan. I just like the color better and they stand out since it seems like the majority of people think tanned skin is more attractive or they look better or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 12:23 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,948,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenion View Post
Is that it? Or is cause you find yourself more attracted to latina women, psychically.
Anyway, As for as far as the post goes.
I mean other then looks; Anyone can be the same to be honest. I would say that american's that date by far are more open to the common stereotype. They commonly don't seek looks>intelligence (Given age groups, But who doesn't). I'd say if you're looking for intelligence over looks then it wouldn't hurt to just keep trucking along. I'm not saying that most american's are dumb. (Cause I've been one in heritage for over 140 years, Was born In the Us, In michigan. ) I'm just simply saying that the number of american's that understand how the world works and that the aspect of the party life style is dumb and childish. Is pretty low, and they'll do anything to waste time so they will not be "bored". I've had a lot of relationships, have really gone both ways i've noticed a difference in intelligence and looks. The Asian-American girl that I dated was very clumsy and not very intelligent. All opinion if you're searching for another.

Hahaha, well I don't like to admit it.. but yeah I am typically attracted to latina women a lot easier than I would be to a white girl. There's a lot of factors that play into it, such as my love for languages, foreign foods and accents. I don't specifically say "I am only going to date Latinas and everyone else I'm not interested in". I have a date with a white girl this weekend and had an indian girlfriend for close to two years. I just find myself much more attracted to Latinas.. but hey my family is from brasil, maybe it's genetics hahah I'm still a white boy in their eyes though, I don't play the Brasilian card at all besides the fact that my grandparents are from Curitiba.

Different people are attracted to different things. People here are so quick to say that everyone who has any attraction to a woman besides intelligence is a pig. That's not true whatsoever.

By the way, where in Michigan are you from? I grew up in Grand Rapids.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:25 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,433,597 times
Have dated several natalities, but never American.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:41 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,414,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenEleven View Post
It means that its easier to swim with the current than against it. In the context of dating, you may be going about things the hard way. I know for me, there is a certain comfort level I have when I interact with people from the same background AND we click. The conversation flows well, we laugh at the same things, we get from where we are each coming from. I volunteer at the church (an ethnic parish) and it's kind of like the same thing. The communication flows naturally.

I always got along pretty well the Jews I went to school with, but I tend to get along with characters. Actually, I kind of am one.

If personality is what is important to you, I think finding people from the same background as you are is smart.

ah, ok that makes sense. I agree with you but the same background isn't always grounded in religion. I'm not religious at all, which is a big reason I can't relate to American Jews. Israeli's are like christian's in America..some are religious but most are not. I just care that the other person has similar values and morals and we mesh personality wise. As long as the other person was raised similar to me in values and ethics, then that works for me. One thing every guy I have dated had in common: they all were raised with similar values, and were open minded about other cultures and ethnicity's.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:24 PM

333 posts, read 310,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
ah, ok that makes sense. I agree with you but the same background isn't always grounded in religion. I'm not religious at all, which is a big reason I can't relate to American Jews. Israeli's are like christian's in America..some are religious but most are not. I just care that the other person has similar values and morals and we mesh personality wise. As long as the other person was raised similar to me in values and ethics, then that works for me. One thing every guy I have dated had in common: they all were raised with similar values, and were open minded about other cultures and ethnicity's.
How old are you if you don't mind my asking? Tell me about yourself? Approx age, Attractive, married, weight proportionate, educatoinal attainment? (My answer to you is going to depend on the information you give me.)

As to the bolded point above, I agree it's not necessarily grounded in religion. But remember, there is a cultural aspect to religion as well as the worship part. I do think religion is a basis for a match, but more on the cultural side of things.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:57 PM

588 posts, read 796,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Have any of you guys/gals found yourself in the same situation? Why do you think this is?
I'm an American man (caucasian) who hasn't had a real date with an American lady for almost 20 years, despite spending about 3/4 of my time in America. In 1991, my relationship with a long term girlfriend ended and the following couple of years, I was continuously shot-down by women in bars and nightclubs (which may not have been an intelligent way to guage my attractiveness). However, smart or not, my confidence to approach American women was completely gone. After a couple of years, a foreign lady showed interest in me. After that, I found it much easier to approach foreign-born women because of the much higher success rate.

I know that there are many nice American women, but I guess that something about my expression (more gentle than manly) was unappealing to them. In my 30s, I began to look more confident, but I never shook that uneasy feeling to approach American women romantically.

Last edited by Data1000; 02-06-2013 at 02:09 PM..

Old 02-06-2013, 02:01 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,283,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
When I say Latina, I don't mean a second generation Latina born here and speaking fluent English. I mean foreign women that speak their foreign tongue as their main language.
When I am in the USA and I want to date an Asian woman I would be more interested in an Asian woman, not Asian-American. I've met people from my country in the USA and other multi-culture/ethnic countries who the only thing they have from my country is the color of the skin and pretty much just how they look but don't even speak the national language, don't follow customs, don't even know how to prepare the most basic traditional food, haven't even visited the country. You can tell that the only thing they have from their heritage is the outside.

I've approached Japanese girls (japanese from the outside) in the USA and I speak Japanese to them only to hear them respond "What?...excuse me?..." That's when I find out they are american and carry on. It's all good.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:04 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,387,495 times
Have almost always dated first-gen girls/women of European immigrant parents. No communication problems whatsoever.

I have dated some American women (meaning completely diluted ancestral ties to their European heritage) and it has not been as much fun, and sometimes no fun at all. There were differences in communication style and value systems.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:16 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,271,082 times
I have never dated an American just Scottish but I would......I don't care where the guys from but I'm more attracted to darker men (Spanish, Italian etc) than lighter complexion. I see too many blonde haired blue eyed boys over here. I'm my opinion brown eyes brown hair and a darker skin colour is more attractive

Old 02-06-2013, 04:25 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,162,541 times
Only once, and she was more of an international kid than an American, though her parents were fairly conservative Protestant types.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships