Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 04:59 PM

121 posts, read 121,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Ask the women what?
Why not putting the toilet seat down bothers them so much that they have to belittle guys. Why they can't operate the toilet seat themselves.

Old 02-09-2013, 05:00 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,404,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houston1963 View Post
No, you are missing my point. And I clearly stated it in the my first post regarding toilet seats.

It's the attitude.

It's buffet feminism.

Now, why didn't you go to that thread and ask the women instead of CONTINUING to argue with me?

Team woman. That's why.

You don't have the guts to argue against your own sistas. That, or you agree with the women. The more you argue with me the more you undermine what the mod is trying to do with respect to generalizations.

Now, quit deflecting, quit dodging, and go ask the women.
Dude? Give it a rest.

You have an issue with toilet seats.

I can give you the only answer you will ever need as to why putting the seat down should be a habit.

Using the bathroom by nightlight and winding up with your naked rear submerged in disgusting toilet water because the seat LOOKED like it was down... In near darkness.

Could happen to either gender. Leaving the seat down is logical.

I have 2 sons. They leave the seat down. I taught them to. And not by complaining. They're just respectful people.

Old 02-09-2013, 05:01 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,404,745 times
Stay on topic.

Old 02-09-2013, 05:05 PM

121 posts, read 121,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Dude? Give it a rest.

You have an issue with toilet seats.

I can give you the only answer you will ever need as to why putting the seat down should be a habit.

Using the bathroom by nightlight and winding up with your naked rear submerged in disgusting toilet water because the seat LOOKED like it was down... In near darkness.

Could happen to either gender. Leaving the seat down is logical.

I have 2 sons. They leave the seat down. I taught them to. And not by complaining. They're just respectful people.
I know you are a moderator, but so what.

I have clearly stated that I have an issue with ATTITUDES, the toilet seat discussion is just another example of that. Women wanting to be catered to. Buffet feminism.

Now, I know that because I dared to challenge you I will probably receive an infraction and/or get banned.

Old 02-09-2013, 05:09 PM

29,803 posts, read 34,621,783 times
Quote:
I have clearly stated that I have an issue with ATTITUDES, the toilet seat discussion is just another example of that. Women wanting to be catered to. Buffet feminism.

Now, I know that because I dared to challenge you I will probably receive an infraction and/or get banned.
You seem to be missing the point that it's not really about the toilet seat, and it's not about being catered to. It's about the idea that when you're in a relationship sometimes you do stupid stuff that you don't particularly care about because it makes the other person happy. Of course a woman can put the seat down, but so can a man (and frankly, the lid should be shut when it's flushed because otherwise it's gross.)

Old 02-09-2013, 05:13 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,261,857 times
Quote:
I know you are a moderator, but so what.

Okay - I was just going to leave this alone - but I'm stupid and can't hold my tongue.

There are a few reasons that I prefer the toilet seat down.
1)I'm a princess.
2)Okay - really though. The rim of the toilet usually has some pee spatter on it. I'm the one that cleans the toilet. I don't clean it everyday. I'd rather not walk into the bathroom and see pee spatter. It's gross. If we have unexpected guests, I don't want them to see the pee spatter.
3)I have to go the bathroom in the middle of the night a lot - and usually I'm half asleep. I don't turn on the light because I don't want to wake up my husband. I don't like reaching out and touching a pee spattered rim to see if the seat is up nor do I like falling into the toilet when I forget to check.
4)We have a 17 month old son whose favorite thing to do in the bathroom is to stick his hands in the toilet. For this reason - I prefer the seat AND the lid to be down.

But for some reason - this translates to me wanting to be catered to, me wanting a male sycophant, me enforcing the belief that all women are like that - whatever that is.

Oh - and I'm a princess. If I wasn't a princess - why would I be wearing this tiara all the time?

Old 02-09-2013, 05:27 PM

333 posts, read 311,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I was relaying two experiences with doctors which caused me to renege on selecting women as primary physicians. It is anecdotal. I DISLIKED both of these ladies. So, my answer is NO. To the audience who thinks it is, that is probably because I think conventional gender behavior should extend into how a person conducts themselves in a professional setting. The media is also aware of the feeling I express. I was not a follower of "LA Law" but when that Machiavellian lady partner played by Diana Muldaur went down, everyone was happy to see her go. And she really did go down. There was an elevator under repair which was not marked with a floor warning in their suite's lobby, and she walked in ... and fell down about 10 stories to where the elevator cab was stationed. Good riddance.

This is commonsensical. It is saying that women who are not in conformance with the norms of their gender should not expect to have as much access to men as women who are in conformance. If I made fun of Richard Simmons, I don't think any of the guys here would complain. They'd probably laugh.
The whiny people would complain about that, too.

Old 02-09-2013, 05:29 PM

333 posts, read 311,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Okay - I was just going to leave this alone - but I'm stupid and can't hold my tongue.

There are a few reasons that I prefer the toilet seat down.
1)I'm a princess.
2)Okay - really though. The rim of the toilet usually has some pee spatter on it. I'm the one that cleans the toilet. I don't clean it everyday. I'd rather not walk into the bathroom and see pee spatter. It's gross. If we have unexpected guests, I don't want them to see the pee spatter.
3)I have to go the bathroom in the middle of the night a lot - and usually I'm half asleep. I don't turn on the light because I don't want to wake up my husband. I don't like reaching out and touching a pee spattered rim to see if the seat is up nor do I like falling into the toilet when I forget to check.
4)We have a 17 month old son whose favorite thing to do in the bathroom is to stick his hands in the toilet. For this reason - I prefer the seat AND the lid to be down.

But for some reason - this translates to me wanting to be catered to, me wanting a male sycophant, me enforcing the belief that all women are like that - whatever that is.

Oh - and I'm a princess. If I wasn't a princess - why would I be wearing this tiara all the time?
A man doesn't demand that the toilet seat be in one position or another. He just moves it to the position he wants it to be in. Okay, you want to be equal? DO THE SAME!

Old 02-09-2013, 05:34 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,261,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenEleven View Post
A man doesn't demand that the toilet seat be in one position or another. He just moves it to the position he wants it to be in. Okay, you want to be equal? DO THE SAME!
I don't have to. My husband respects me. I also close the shower curtain because he prefers it closed. I also fold his shirts the way he likes it. We don't really care about being "equal." We care about being happy. And it all evens out in the end.

Old 02-09-2013, 05:44 PM

19,018 posts, read 25,262,337 times
Quote:
Why not putting the toilet seat down bothers them so much that they have to belittle guys. Why they can't operate the toilet seat themselves.
You should not flush the toilet with the seat up unless you enjoy spraying yourself and bathroom items with your own urine. Some people may be into that. A simple solution is just to have more than one bathroom. My husband has a basement bathroom that I never enter. That seat can stay up to his heart's delight, but he also doesn't keep his toothbrush on the sink next to the urine spray propeller either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships