Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 03:55 PM

14,724 posts, read 33,463,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston1963 View Post
He means buffet feminism.

Buffet feminism is why I, and other men, removed ourselves from the dating process. Right here is where some of the forum female "bullies" chime in with something snitty like "we are better off without guys like you. Well, if you are better off without guys like us, why should you women give a rat's ass about our opinion? After all, aren't we just so much pond scum?
Here's the deal. Those who don't identify as feminists are off the shelf, providing they are attractive, feminine, educated, and pleasant. For the ones who are available, and are straight feminists, they give off a weird vibe. I call them "punch in the arm, let's get a beer" girls. One can't push it to the next level beyond friend-zoning.

I've lived in several different cities. On two occasions, I was open minded enough to get a woman as a primary-care physician after reading their experience/education blurb about them. They were married ladies. I'm a reasonably smart guy. I read a lot about health and medicine. I remember the numerical value or date of any test, ailment, or treatment I've had. I can't help it if I have an almost bizarre memory for detail. These lady doctors were too effin' butch, matter of fact, unfriendly, and cold. I traded them in for male primary-care physicians. One was a younger Jewish doctor from USC and the other was a presumably Irish middle-aged doctor from Univ. of New Mexico, who you couldn't easily get because he was so in demand. The reason: talking to them was like having a regular conversation and they were low-key, congenial, and caring health professionals. My current doctor is much the same way. He speaks to me like an intelligent person and answers my questions without feeling challenged or getting pi$$y. As for those lady doctors, I look at their wedding bands and wonder who the hell signed up for the ride. And I actually feel sorry for them that God didn't equip them with a third leg, because they reminded me more of men than they did women.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:07 PM

121 posts, read 121,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I can't help wonder why this is angering you so much since you have taken yourself out of the dating world. If you are not going to be in a relationship then what does it matter that women that you have never met and will never meet prefer to have the toilet seat down? If you want to leave the toilet seat up and pee all over the place - you are free to do so since nobody is sharing the bathroom with you. Just be happy.
Have you not read my posts?

This post is a perfect example of what I was referring to when I spoke of askmen. So, because I am not in the dating scene means I am not allowed to post my opinion? Who died and made you forum God? Why not ask the women why it bothers THEM so much that they have to belittle the guys? Or do your eyes only see one direction?

It isn't the act that bothers me. It's the attitude.

Repeat after me:

BUFFET FEMINISM.

Or, let me put it another way. Some animals are more equal than others. I have said this several times recently. If you ladies would just own up to the fact that you want MORE than just equality I wouldn't burn calorie one calling you on your lies.

Just admit that you prefer to be pursued, that yes, the man does have to pay, and that yes, the man will always have to do things such as operating that oh so complicated toilet seat, so as not to upset today's modern, strong, independent, woman.

Take equality and throw it in the trash can.

It isn't what you women are really looking for.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:12 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,257,393 times
Quote:
Have you not read my posts?

This post is a perfect example of what I was referring to when I spoke of askmen. So, because I am not in the dating scene means I am not allowed to post my opinion? Who died and made you forum God? Why not ask the women why it bothers THEM so much that they have to belittle the guys? Or do your eyes only see one direction?

It isn't the act that bothers me. It's the attitude.

Repeat after me:

BUFFET FEMINISM.

Or, let me put it another way. Some animals are more equal than others. I have said this several times recently. If you ladies would just own up to the fact that you want MORE than just equality I wouldn't burn calorie one calling you on your lies.

Just admit that you prefer to be pursued, that yes, the man does have to pay, and that yes, the man will always have to do things such as operating that oh so complicated toilet seat, so as not to upset today's modern, strong, independent, woman.

Take equality and throw it in the trash can.

It isn't what you women are really looking for.
I didn't say you couldn't post your opinion. I asked why it bothered you so much. Have you thought about an anger management course? I mean - you can continue to try and rip me to shreds if it makes you feel better I just think that you might be a little happier if you were a little less angry. Just a suggestion.

Maybe a spot of tea? That's what I'm having right now. Green tea. Yum.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:22 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,052,286 times
Honestly, I'm not sure why this is such an issue. People have opinions and sometimes they suck. Ignore users you know are offensive to you. You just add fuel to the fire and YOU are just as big an issue when you attack back.

I don't mind the difference in opinion and I like the chance to prove them wrong whether they accept defeat or not. When I get tired of it, I walk away.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
I didn't say you couldn't post your opinion. I asked why it bothered you so much. Have you thought about an anger management course? I mean - you can continue to try and rip me to shreds if it makes you feel better I just think that you might be a little happier if you were a little less angry. Just a suggestion.

Maybe a spot of tea? That's what I'm having right now. Green tea. Yum.
And I asked you why you didn't ask the women why it bothered them so much.
Nice dodge with the amateur psychology. Or should I say shaming language.
I guess I can put count you as "wanting men to be syncophants". When men say "all women are like that", it is because of what you are doing here. Aiming at a guy instead of daring to go against team woman.

Now I will ask the mod who started this thread:

When you see reactions like this, how can you possibly expect guys to reach any other conclusion than "all women are like that". The default setting is always aimed at men.

So, how are we supposed to reach any other conclusion?

Old 02-09-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Honestly, I'm not sure why this is such an issue. People have opinions and sometimes they suck. Ignore users you know are offensive to you. You just add fuel to the fire and YOU are just as big an issue when you attack back.

I don't mind the difference in opinion and I like the chance to prove them wrong whether they accept defeat or not. When I get tired of it, I walk away.
Bolded= there it is.

That's my point. She could have just as easily asked the same question to women. This is where guys come up with phrases like "team woman".

Old 02-09-2013, 04:29 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,257,393 times
Quote:
And I asked you why you didn't ask the women why it bothered them so much.
Nice dodge with the amateur psychology. Or should I say shaming language.
I guess I can put count you as "wanting men to be syncophants". When men say "all women are like that", it is because of what you are doing here. Aiming at a guy instead of daring to go against team woman.

Now I will ask the mod who started this thread:

When you see reactions like this, how can you possibly expect guys to reach any other conclusion than "all women are like that". The default setting is always aimed at men.

So, how are we supposed to reach any other conclusion?
I didn't ask the women because we aren't on that thread. And you came on THIS thread ranting and raving about women wanting the toilet seat down. That's why I asked you why it bothered you so much that you came on this thread going crazy about it.

Reactions like what? Asking you why you are so angry when you are clearly extremely angry? And because I asked you this - I want all men to be sycophants?

Okay.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:38 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,250,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
A lot of people who have higher rep ratios are the alpha female queen bees of the sub-forum...

Old 02-09-2013, 04:39 PM

Quote:
I didn't ask the women because we aren't on that thread. And you came on THIS thread ranting and raving about women wanting the toilet seat down. That's why I asked you why it bothered you so much that you came on this thread going crazy about it.

Reactions like what? Asking you why you are so angry when you are clearly extremely angry? And because I asked you this - I want all men to be sycophants?

Okay.
So, in addition to being unable to operate a toilet seat, you are also unable to operate a mouse? Let me help you out...that thread is still open. Why not head in there and ask the women?

Old 02-09-2013, 04:43 PM

29,798 posts, read 34,609,632 times
Quote:
So, in addition to being unable to operate a toilet seat, you are also unable to operate a mouse? Let me help you out...that thread is still open. Why not head in there and ask the women?
Ask the women what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships