Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 04:45 PM

102,255 posts, read 108,215,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Here's the deal. Those who don't identify as feminists are off the shelf, providing they are attractive, feminine, educated, and pleasant. For the ones who are available, and are straight feminists, they give off a weird vibe. I call them "punch in the arm, let's get a beer" girls. One can't push it to the next level beyond friend-zoning.

I've lived in several different cities. On two occasions, I was open minded enough to get a woman as a primary-care physician after reading their experience/education blurb about them. They were married ladies. I'm a reasonably smart guy. I read a lot about health and medicine. I remember the numerical value or date of any test, ailment, or treatment I've had. I can't help it if I have an almost bizarre memory for detail. These lady doctors were too effin' butch, matter of fact, unfriendly, and cold. I traded them in for male primary-care physicians. One was a younger Jewish doctor from USC and the other was a presumably Irish middle-aged doctor from Univ. of New Mexico, who you couldn't easily get because he was so in demand. The reason: talking to them was like having a regular conversation and they were low-key, congenial, and caring health professionals. My current doctor is much the same way. He speaks to me like an intelligent person and answers my questions without feeling challenged or getting pi$$y. As for those lady doctors, I look at their wedding bands and wonder who the hell signed up for the ride. And I actually feel sorry for them that God didn't equip them with a third leg, because they reminded me more of men than they did women.
Is this thread about what constitutes bashing, or is it about feminism, or women doctors?

Is the bolded, "bashing"?

lol!

Old 02-09-2013, 04:47 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,321,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenEleven View Post
That was my house. The borders of the United States stopped at our front lawn. I make fun of our own quirks and I'll be damned if someone is going to stop me from making fun of the quirks of others, be they black, WASP, Asian, Mexican, Italian or whatever.
You're just as free to make fun of others as they are free to call you on it.

Or delete your post and/or infract you if you're breaking forum rules.

That's just how it goes.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:48 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,206,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houston1963 View Post
So, in addition to being unable to operate a toilet seat, you are also unable to operate a mouse? Let me help you out...that thread is still open. Why not head in there and ask the women?
You seem to be missing my point...

Oh well. Toilet seats are clearly a hot button issue for you.

Can anyone tell me how to post this? I see a little box that says "submit reply" but I just can't figure out how to click on it...

Old 02-09-2013, 04:50 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,756,971 times
Good grief, talking about case in point

Old 02-09-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
That's just it. It's not just one thread when it comes to buffet feminism. Right now there is a NINE page thread focused mostly on guys who refuse to put the toilet seat down for their woman.

NINE PAGES of women belittling guys who won't put the toilet seat down for their supposed "equals".

Seriously.

How the hell did these women get their drivers licenses? These women want equality and they can't even operate a toilet seat?

Orphaned.
Oddly, I have never seen a report from that thread. We do have male posters.

You may see this forum as a bunch of women who complain about men, but the reverse is also happening. If you don't see this, you're not letting it register or you're not reading many threads.

Truth told, I read very few.

I only wanted to open a dialog about bashing. I'd like people to try and curb it if possible.

If they can't? I reckon they should not be surprised to receive an infraction when they do.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-11-2013 at 01:14 PM..

Old 02-09-2013, 04:54 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,411,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Is this thread about what constitutes bashing, or is it about feminism, or women doctors?

Is the bolded, "bashing"?

lol!
I was relaying two experiences with doctors which caused me to renege on selecting women as primary physicians. It is anecdotal. I DISLIKED both of these ladies. So, my answer is NO. To the audience who thinks it is, that is probably because I think conventional gender behavior should extend into how a person conducts themselves in a professional setting. The media is also aware of the feeling I express. I was not a follower of "LA Law" but when that Machiavellian lady partner played by Diana Muldaur went down, everyone was happy to see her go. And she really did go down. There was an elevator under repair which was not marked with a floor warning in their suite's lobby, and she walked in ... and fell down about 10 stories to where the elevator cab was stationed. Good riddance.

This is commonsensical. It is saying that women who are not in conformance with the norms of their gender should not expect to have as much access to men as women who are in conformance. If I made fun of Richard Simmons, I don't think any of the guys here would complain. They'd probably laugh.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:54 PM

121 posts, read 121,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You seem to be missing my point...

Oh well. Toilet seats are clearly a hot button issue for you.

Can anyone tell me how to post this? I see a little box that says "submit reply" but I just can't figure out how to click on it...
No, you are missing my point. And I clearly stated it in the my first post regarding toilet seats.

It's the attitude.

It's buffet feminism.

Now, why didn't you go to that thread and ask the women instead of CONTINUING to argue with me?

Team woman. That's why.

You don't have the guts to argue against your own sistas. That, or you agree with the women. The more you argue with me the more you undermine what the mod is trying to do with respect to generalizations.

Now, quit deflecting, quit dodging, and go ask the women.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Honestly, I'm not sure why this is such an issue. People have opinions and sometimes they suck. Ignore users you know are offensive to you. You just add fuel to the fire and YOU are just as big an issue when you attack back.

I don't mind the difference in opinion and I like the chance to prove them wrong whether they accept defeat or not. When I get tired of it, I walk away.
Agreed. You have NO idea how often I suggest the Ignore feature.

It's like they WANT discord. Bizarre.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:56 PM

Quote:
No, you are missing my point. And I clearly stated it in the my first post regarding toilet seats.

It's the attitude.

It's buffet feminism.

Now, why didn't you go to that thread and ask the women instead of CONTINUING to argue with me?

Team woman. That's why.

You don't have the guts to argue against your own sistas. That, or you agree with the women. The more you argue with me the more you undermine what the mod is trying to do with respect to generalizations.

Now, quit deflecting, quit dodging, and go ask the women.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Agreed. You have NO idea how often I suggest the Ignore feature.

It's like they WANT discord. Bizarre.
I might be about to use that myself!!! Good grief!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.