Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 03:25 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,909,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
Men often can't help it, they are wired that way. Once they get to know you, they'll hopefully get past being so captivated by looks. When you get to know them, you can find out if they are thru-and-thru superficial or just captivated by beauty.
Women judge based on looks too but it would get so frustrating knowing a guy didn't even care about anything except my looks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 03:28 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,211,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardasice View Post
I disagree.
Even though attractive women get to be picky, it doesn't change the fact that usually (and I'm talking from experience and observation) men want the attractive women ONLY for their looks (AKA their body).
I'm actually amazed by how many ugly (excuse the expression) women have nice boyfriends.
Because those men choose to see beyond physical beauty.
And then you see many attractive women who are lonely and single, and many are being used for sex.
What I'm trying to say is that when a man is with an ugly women, you know he's with her because he loves the PERSON she is. As a HUMAN BEING.
When a man is with an attractive woman, most chances (not always) are that he is interested in her as A PIECE OF MEAT. For sexual pleasure only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Women judge based on looks too but it would get so frustrating knowing a guy didn't even care about anything except my looks.
In my experience, it's not hard to tell the guys that are only interested in you for your looks from the guys that are interested in YOU.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:31 PM

41 posts, read 42,881 times
Quote:
And why are you allowing that to happen?
1. I'm not. When I find someone wants me as a piece of meat, I say "bye" and never look back.
2. When it DID happen it's only because you wouldn't believe how many good manipulators are out there.
Guys that make you believe they will give you the world, just for a piece of a**.
I know it sounds very simple to see through? Try dating the guys I've been with.
They'll go out of their way to make you believe they're for real.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:33 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,396,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Yes, but there are still great guys out there who can appreciate your intelligence, personality, and soul, along with your beauty and treat you with great respect. Those are the best men out there.
I have had this same problem with my career. Doors have opened because of my looks but my abilities were underestimated so I had to prove them wrong. There is great power though in being both very attractive and very intelligent (for men and women). That is a great gift to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
In my experience, it's not hard to tell the guys that are only interested in you for your looks from the guys that are interested in YOU.
For one thing the guys interested in me don't stare at my boobs or make sexual comments. They are the ones interested in just talking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
(Look at my response above.)
Try dating the guys I've been with.
Of course there are lots that don't even bother to hide the fact they want nothing more from you...they're not hard to get rid of quickly.
Maybe it's just my luck but I've been with those that make it into a whole project to try and convince you they are for real when they want nothing from you but sex.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Yes, but there are still great guys out there who can appreciate your intelligence, personality, and soul, along with your beauty and treat you with great respect. Those are the best men out there.
I have had this same problem with my career. Doors have opened because of my looks but my abilities were underestimated so I had to prove them wrong. There is great power though in being both very attractive and very intelligent (for men and women). That is a great gift to have.
Very true, though they are harder to find (same as with women). Rarely do I find these men on dating sites though.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:35 PM

Quote:
And those are called "the exceptions".
They are VERY hard to find. (at least in my opinion)

Old 02-09-2013, 03:35 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,016,198 times
Quote:
I disagree.
Even though attractive women get to be picky, it doesn't change the fact that usually (and I'm talking from experience and observation) men want the attractive women ONLY for their looks (AKA their body).
I'm actually amazed by how many ugly (excuse the expression) women have nice boyfriends.
Because those men choose to see beyond physical beauty.
And then you see many attractive women who are lonely and single, and many are being used for sex.
What I'm trying to say is that when a man is with an ugly women, you know he's with her because he loves the PERSON she is. As a HUMAN BEING.
When a man is with an attractive woman, most chances (not always) are that he is interested in her as A PIECE OF MEAT. For sexual pleasure only.
Major generalization alert.

And btw I happen to be one of those guys who are attracted to women of physical beauty, along personality, values, etc, and never see those women as a piece of meat. Never. My ex-wife was a model type and I loved her more for who she was as a person than her looks. The looks just makes being with her easier on the eyes. No doubt there are times where I just want to have sex with a hot women, but call me normal.

On a similar point, I believe some people have to brainwash themselves into integrating certain life rules and principles to help them "make sense" what occurs or what they observe in life.

For example, many women here on CD believe that older men who date younger women are [insert negative generalization] or that those younger women are [insert stereotype, shortcoming] for dating older men. Women who make those assumptions just plainly can't accept the fact that such a relationship can ever be a healthy one. Even when presented with evidence to the contrary, these type of people will never undo their now core beliefs because it challenges their version and perception of realty. But it is their life and they are free to chose to believe whatever they think, doesn't make it true just because they do so.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:36 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,211,532 times
Quote:
(Look at my response above.)
Try dating the guys I've been with.
Of course there are lots that don't even bother to hide the fact they want nothing more from you...they're not hard to get rid of quickly.
Maybe it's just my luck but I've been with those that make it into a whole project to try and convince you they are for real when they want nothing from you but sex.
From my experience in my own life and watching the lives of my friends - it's not that hard to tell genuine people from manipulators. But the genuine people don't always come in the packages that you want them to come in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships