Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 09:27 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,097,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
You can't have it all unless you are rich. You need to weight the pros and cons of your decision of your role.
Says who???

Most of my friends were stay at home moms that did it all while he worked. They weren't rich by any stretch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2013, 09:29 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,756,131 times
Quote:
Ladies if you don't want to do chores just stay at your place and don't move in with us. Be happy paying 100% of your bills for the rest of your life. You cook and clean at your place and we will do the same at our place. If guys really want a traditional wife look at marrying international women in general. You can't have it all unless you are rich. You need to weight the pros and cons of your decision of your role.
Speak for yourself. My husband didn't sign up for some housebitch, he liked the fact I was an independent woman. I have to say some of you men don't bring much to the table

Old 02-11-2013, 09:29 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,204,974 times
Quote:
Ladies if you don't want to do chores just stay at your place and don't move in with us. Be happy paying 100% of your bills for the rest of your life. You cook and clean at your place and we will do the same at our place. If guys really want a traditional wife look at marrying international women in general. You can't have it all unless you are rich. You need to weight the pros and cons of your decision of your role when you decide that you want to get married
We know you don't want to get married and it's quite obvious that you have a pretty severe distaste for women - so did you just come on here to get some attention? You aren't married so you don't have anyone to split your chores with anyway. Get over it.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:30 PM

102,252 posts, read 108,199,089 times
Quote:
I'm taking about generally. I'm not talking about every marriage on earth. All of my male friends who have recently gotten married had to help pay for something in the wedding. My last friend had to pay for the cake, the dj, the photographer, etc, etc. Maybe its just my friends but I don't know of many men that paid absolutely nothing for it
Maybe the brides in these cases went over budget, and talked their guy into making up the difference. The guy is already paying for the engagement and wedding rings. He shouldn't have to pay for wedding expenses unless the bride's parents are broke. If the bride refuses to stay within a budget, that could be considered a red flag. I wonder if your friends' wives are running up huge credit card bills, now that they're married.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:32 PM

4,688 posts, read 8,031,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Says who???

Most of my friends were stay at home moms that did it all while he worked. They weren't rich by any stretch.
I'm talking about career women that do not want to do traditional roles.

The longest and most healthy marriages are when both parties have traditional roles. The more society go against traditional roles that have worked for hundreds of years the more the marriage tate will continue to decrease

Generally

Old 02-11-2013, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Maybe the brides in these cases went over budget, and talked their guy into making up the difference. The guy is already paying for the engagement and wedding rings. He shouldn't have to pay for wedding expenses unless the bride's parents are broke. If the bride refuses to stay within a budget, that could be considered a red flag. I wonder if your friends' wives are running up huge credit card bills, now that they're married.
They are the same way they were before they got married. They are complaining about the same thing as before

Old 02-11-2013, 09:35 PM

Quote:
I'm talking about career women that do not want to do traditional roles.

The longest and most healthy marriages are when both parties have traditional roles. The more society go against traditional roles that have worked for hundreds of years the more the marriage tate will continue to decrease

Generally
Says who? Citation needed or else it's just your opinion, nothing more.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
We know you don't want to get married and it's quite obvious that you have a pretty severe distaste for women - so did you just come on here to get some attention? You aren't married so you don't have anyone to split your chores with anyway. Get over it.
I'm for traditional role marriages and I'm for prenups.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Says who? Citation needed or else it's just your opinion, nothing more.
Ask anybody over 75 years old. Compare the marriage rate before and after the feminist movement. Traditional marriages have always worked especially with my grandmothers generation.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:37 PM

Quote:
I'm for traditional role marriages and I'm for prenups.
Are you married?

Are you a woman?

If not you're simply stirring the pot in a thread about married women.

Because frankly no-one gives a crap whether you like traditional marriages or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships