Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 08:20 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
This is just saying that dating is just not for me
Damn, there are some jerks on here. Not you, OP.

My last date was in fall of 2009. This lasted for about 4 months. I won't elaborate, and can say nothing bad about her. She had a MBA, is Catholic, and is of the same ethnicity. On paper, it looked good. I wanted her birthday to pass, and then called her up a week later to say it wasn't going to work out. I don't have the energy to play this game. Games are for kids and/or those who have that level of energy. I don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Mod cut: Orphaned.
It's 2013 and the world still doesn't like people who want "off the market." When goods are damaged, they are taken "off the market," just like avocados that have become overly ripe and are not salable.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-20-2013 at 09:36 PM..

Old 02-20-2013, 08:39 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
It's 2013 and the world still doesn't like people who want "off the market." When goods are damaged, they are taken "off the market," just like avocados that have become overly ripe and are not salable.
He taking himself off the shelf.

[he's not the only avocado in town]

Old 02-20-2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
He taking himself off the shelf.

[he's not the only avocado in town]
Your post makes no sense. At least to me. If you don't hook up (yeah, that term again) with someone you casually got to know in school or at work, the dating game SUCKS. Period. Who the **** wants to sit there at Starbucks or at some chain restaurant asking these interview like questions? Have at it, folks.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:49 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
He meant there are other men to go after.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:53 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Your post makes no sense. At least to me. If you don't hook up (yeah, that term again) with someone you casually got to know in school or at work, the dating game SUCKS. Period. Who the **** wants to sit there at Starbucks or at some chain restaurant asking these interview like questions? Have at it, folks.
Read what you wrote, then read what I wrote, and it will make sense.

Anyway, if you approach dating like a job interview or game that always has winners and losers, with nothing to learn from it, of course it is going to suck.

[the desperation is palpable]

Last edited by MIKEETC; 02-20-2013 at 09:05 PM..

Old 02-20-2013, 08:56 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Read what you wrote, then read what I wrote, and it will make sense.

Anyway, if you approach dating like a job interview or game that lalways has winners and losers, with nothing to learn from it, of course it is going to suck.

[the desperation is palpable]

Old 02-20-2013, 08:57 PM

326 posts, read 478,540 times

Old 02-20-2013, 08:57 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,105,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
This is not bashing. This is just saying that dating is just not for me, and in so deciding, I also can say I reject all women. This means I don't have to feel bad about having been rejected, because instead it is me who has done the rejection of all women.

I rejected all women by not making myself more desirable to them. It would have been relatively straightforward to do things like clean up my appearance and style and lift weights and do other things that make women attracted to men, but I decided not to do these things.

I rejected all women by not trying to learn where to meet women, and by not doing social activities.

I rejected all women by not asking out those I've met in the past and thought about asking out, because of fear of being rejected myself, or because of simply not wanting to be in a relationship and using fear of rejection as one good reason to avoid them.
I think he's rejecting all women. I could be wrong.

Quote:
I don't want to be in a relationship with somebody telling me what to do, and having to share my time all the time, and stuff like that.
Generally speaking, when two people are in a (healthy) relationship, there is give and take from both sides. No one wants to be in a relationship where they are putting forth all the effort. It isn't fair, isn't respectful, isn't loving, isn't healthy.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:59 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
I think he's rejecting all women.
Or it could be the other way around and this is his way of coping?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships