Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 09:00 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times

Advertisements

Haha look it's Robert.

Just teasing!!!! Don't hurt me. (Ducks)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 09:05 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Or it could be the other way around and this is his way of coping?
Actually, the OP hasn't been able to get up the nerve to approach women, and hasn't wanted to work on his shyness (he had a therapist). Deciding he's not interested in women is easier than self-examination and personal growth.

nyah.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:05 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Read what you wrote, then read what I wrote, and it will make sense.

Anyway, if you approach dating like a job interview or game that lalways has winners and losers, with nothing to learn from it, of course it is going to suck.

[the desperation is palpable]
No, some of us have a normal frame of reference as to what dating should be like, based on past experiences.

And you're such a stud? Some of us can look at probability and statistics, and make informed decisions. The above sounds like the gripe of either a woman who is indignant that men go off the market or a "skirt chaser" with little restraint.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:15 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Actually, the OP hasn't been able to get up the nerve to approach women, and hasn't wanted to work on his shyness (he had a therapist). Deciding he's not interested in women is easier than self-examination and personal growth.

nyah.
Or so he claims...

Old 02-20-2013, 09:15 PM

691 posts, read 1,427,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
So OP heres a scenario for you. You leave your house tomorrow. The most attractive and appealing girl you have even seen, approaches you and says "I just broke up with my BF, I need someone to get over him, you are just my type. Will you be my sex slave?"

What would you say and be honest (there is a point why I ask)
LOL I had something similar like this happen the other day actually, although it was more subtle. But I had no where to take her and I was caught off guard so nothing ever came of it.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:16 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
No, some of us have a normal frame of reference as to what dating should be like, based on past experiences.

And you're such a stud? Some of us can look at probability and statistics, and make informed decisions. The above sounds like the gripe of either a woman who is indignant that men go off the market or a "skirt chaser" with little restraint.
I'm a regular guy who has normal references.

I have experienced success, rejection, indifference, highs and lows, and all sorts of other emotions in between. Sometimes with the same person. That is life. I am not indignant that other men go off market because that's not my problem. Why should it be? That's like me getting upset that there's 25 men and 50 women in the room. And if 2 guys walk out, that's not my loss. And there's nothing wrong with being a skirt chaser with little restraint from time-to-time if she likes it and I like it - everyone else is just a bystander.

[and drop the probability and statistics - relationships are not a math problem]

Old 02-20-2013, 09:21 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
This is not bashing. This is just saying that dating is just not for me, and in so deciding, I also can say I reject all women. This means I don't have to feel bad about having been rejected, because instead it is me who has done the rejection of all women.

I rejected all women by not making myself more desirable to them. It would have been relatively straightforward to do things like clean up my appearance and style and lift weights and do other things that make women attracted to men, but I decided not to do these things.

I rejected all women by not trying to learn where to meet women, and by not doing social activities.

I rejected all women by not asking out those I've met in the past and thought about asking out, because of fear of being rejected myself, or because of simply not wanting to be in a relationship and using fear of rejection as one good reason to avoid them.

Now there is one that I asked out some 7 years ago, and we went on a lunch date, but later on she rejected me eventually after stringing me along by saying she was interested but was too busy just then to go out again. She was kind of strange and I have some reason to believe she was seriously dating somebody else at the time and I was just some kind of back up plan or something. So being rejected in that case was not at all painful, really. It makes me a little embarrassed to wonder how weird she thought I was, but it doesn't really matter.

I reject the "dating game" and "dating markets" and making myself more desireable to women, and selling myself, and all of that stuff, because I don't think what I'd get out of that would be worth all the effort. I don't want to be in a relationship with somebody telling me what to do, and having to share my time all the time, and stuff like that.

So there we are. I hope this post is less offensive to people than my last one was. And I am not asking for help, I am simply making a post. I welcome any comments about my latest theory of dating in Davros' world. I am not bitter at all.
Methinks thou dost protest too much.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:25 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Methinks thou dost protest too much.
Naw.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:27 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I'm a regular guy who has normal references.

I have experienced success, rejection, indifference, highs and lows, and all sorts of other emotions in between. Sometimes with the same person. That is life. I am not indignant that other men go off market because that's not my problem. Why should it be? That's like me getting upset that there's 25 men and 50 women in the room. And if 2 guys walk out, that's not my loss. And there's nothing wrong with being a skirt chaser with little restraint from time-to-time if she likes it and I like it - everyone else is just a bystander.

[and drop the probability and statistics - relationships are not a math problem]
You didn't catch the drift. I said either/or. A woman who is indignant (like a few on here who feel that men should stay in the market) or a man who is a "skirt chaser." As for the prob/stats, the likelihood of meeting who you like decreases markedly with time. That's more common sense than it is math.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:35 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
You didn't catch the drift. I said either/or. A woman who is indignant (like a few on here who feel that men should stay in the market) or a man who is a "skirt chaser." As for the prob/stats, the likelihood of meeting who you like decreases markedly with time. That's more common sense than it is math.
And I meant both.

[and the likelihood of meeting who you like decreases substantially if you quit]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships